Replies

• jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Strength training and walked the dog
    Day: Back from a little getaway with my daughter. We had a great time, spent lots of money and of course ate too much. Back on track today. I didn't have a scale available on Monday, so I'll be weighing in next Monday. Probably not going to be too pretty. I'm working hard though. Sorry I cant catch up on all the missed messages, but...GO TEAM!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: 1 hr bootcamp/30 mins cardio app
    Goal/Day: Nice Wednesday!!! A friend invited me to try a free fitness app called FitOn. The app is pretty awesome...it has yoga, pilates, strength, cardio, dance, and more you can workout to. I did a 30 HIIT workout and it was hard 🥵 but it was some great exercising.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Crazy day running back and forth from work to deal with a sick puppy. All better now!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @jwall309~ Good job on listening to your body and the changes it is making through this process. 👍🏽 Yes, homemade is so much better and lighter. It’s fun because you can actually eat a tad more. :P You’re doing great!!
    @Terry111330~ Tues night. may not have gone as planned. But the kitchen still closed fairly early, considering that the drinks could’ve lead to snacking all night. 👊🏽 You got this!! Good plan for Weds. How did it go? As planned?
    @klilev~ You’re welcome. I thought you posted & I totally didn't see it. Hip hip hooray! You lost more lbs! 👏🏽 And did great on your workouts! Keep it going.
    @perla4686~ Wow!! 4.6km You go girl!! Good job on “enjoying” it. And not feeling guilty. I have started to make “menus” in my head to have go to’s for when we have burgers or pizza, etc. so that I eat less and have healthy items with it too. So that’s awesome. What an achievement. And that it didn’t lead to binging the rest of the night. Yeah!! 👏🏽 And now into a smaller sized dress!! Woooohoooooo!!! So exciting. Keep it going! :) You got this!
    @jupdyke~ She’s baaack! :) Great Weds. and Workout! ….Glad you had fun. You’re already back into the swing of things with being back on track and under. You got this! 👊🏽
    @ajaia2001~ Whoa girl… 90 minutes of exercise! 👏🏽 WhooooHoooo! How fun to try something different. Is your Tuesday night group done? You are doing so great. Keep it going.
    @skullsandskeletons! Oh my! I forgot about the puppy. Poor thing. Poor mommy. Hope you get some sleep and some “ME” time soon. You’re doing great. Another good day.. DONE! You got this! 👊🏽
  • johicks
    edited August 2019
    Options
    🙋🏽 🌅 Good morning, all! So I didn’t write with my post last night about my day or what I learned.
    • 1. Even if I have the food in my fridge (at work or home) and it’s not prepared to eat, I may not eat or end up choosing the unhealthy food to eat. I was busy at work that I didn’t go make my salad for lunch (all items in the fridge to make it.) Fortunately, I had brought some fresh green beans and cherries and berries with me and they were handy in my lunch bag. So I ate those. Then took the salad to mom’s for dinner.
    • 2. Having a Bubly or a flavored sparkling water might be my “treat” for the nights that I am out and want something when I come home. I had a grapefruit Bubly mixed with a Mango Ice sparkling water. That hit the taste buds oh so good! But makes me burp! LOL And the flavor lasted a long while, too.
    • 3. After a night out and getting ready to head into the house, putting a fresh piece of gum in my mouth helps me (& my mouth) not run for the kitchen! So after my night with mom, I came in and put my stuff away; then went to wash my face with that lavender & oatmeal soap. AAAAahhhhhh. Such a good and wonderful feeling. Puts me at ease and reminds me that I AM WORTH it. This fight, this struggle is all going to be worth it.
    • 4. My goal this week was to eat more fresh fruits & veggies vs. processed snacks. Whoa, baby! I can eat so much more food! Sticking to 1200 calories is much easier w/o the processed foods.
    • 5. Learning to live in harmony and not be so strict w/o ever bending was hubby’s complaint last year. He had other words, but I don’t want to offend anyone. So Hubby has been “ok” with him not having to cook for me all week. Although he did ask me last night to have a burger with him. He’s going to make them whether I eat one or not. So, I can adjust my day and freeze what I was going to have. And that’s called compromise. I’m learning to be more harmonious and less “hormone-ous!” LOL
    • 6.Learning to take little “me” time outs through-out the day. While at my desk, check on MFP to see what you all posting; I may not have time to respond, but at least I get a little inspiration to keep me going. And every morning, I step outside w/ my mug to see if our deer are munching on the apple tree or weeds. And mid-day I also try to take a 10-minute walk. It’s not much, but it’s “me” time. Now that my hubby is home all the time, I don’t get that much time for me.
    • 7. Which reminds me… I need a good hard workout; then a soaking bath. That’s a plan for this weekend!!
        Okay that’s enough for now. I got more ME time scheduled… EXERCISE! Have a Thriving Thursday! Make it a Tremendous Thursday!
  • johicks
    Options
    bkgf48zqepqm.jpg
  • ajaia2001
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    @jwall309~ Good job on listening to your body and the changes it is making through this process. 👍🏽 Yes, homemade is so much better and lighter. It’s fun because you can actually eat a tad more. :P You’re doing great!!
    @Terry111330~ Tues night. may not have gone as planned. But the kitchen still closed fairly early, considering that the drinks could’ve lead to snacking all night. 👊🏽 You got this!! Good plan for Weds. How did it go? As planned?
    @klilev~ You’re welcome. I thought you posted & I totally didn't see it. Hip hip hooray! You lost more lbs! 👏🏽 And did great on your workouts! Keep it going.
    @perla4686~ Wow!! 4.6km You go girl!! Good job on “enjoying” it. And not feeling guilty. I have started to make “menus” in my head to have go to’s for when we have burgers or pizza, etc. so that I eat less and have healthy items with it too. So that’s awesome. What an achievement. And that it didn’t lead to binging the rest of the night. Yeah!! 👏🏽 And now into a smaller sized dress!! Woooohoooooo!!! So exciting. Keep it going! :) You got this!
    @jupdyke~ She’s baaack! :) Great Weds. and Workout! ….Glad you had fun. You’re already back into the swing of things with being back on track and under. You got this! 👊🏽
    @ajaia2001~ Whoa girl… 90 minutes of exercise! 👏🏽 WhooooHoooo! How fun to try something different. Is your Tuesday night group done? You are doing so great. Keep it going.
    @skullsandskeletons! Oh my! I forgot about the puppy. Poor thing. Poor mommy. Hope you get some sleep and some “ME” time soon. You’re doing great. Another good day.. DONE! You got this! 👊🏽

@johicks The group has switched from Tuesday to Monday/Wednesday so I'm unable to go because it's the same time as my bootcamp classes. Since I'm paying for bootcamp it definitely takes priority 😊🤷‍♀️
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I’m learning to be more harmonious and less “hormone-ous!”

I love this! I may steal it!
  • johicks
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    I’m learning to be more harmonious and less “hormone-ous!”

I love this! I may steal it!

Absolutely!!!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Username: rawrxamberx
    Week: August week #2
    Day: Thursday
    PW: 322.6
    CW: 320.8
    One Thing Did Well: my self control on food this week went really well. I didn’t have really any hardcore eating binges which is huge for me.
    One Thing To Improve: my intake on water! Granted yes I drink water but never nearly enough.
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Did pretty good. Made some healthy meals that should last a couple of days. Got home late, so had a late dinner again, but did not snack after dinner. Perhaps my goal shouldn't be close the kitchen at 7:00, but rather close it once we've finished supper. Goals for today, keep on track for calories and at least 40 minutes on treadmill.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Sorry for the ramble, but I need to vent a little. I came back from vacation, gained weight while I was on it, lost it when I got back, and now gaining some of it back. I think my body is in overload mode trying to regulate itself again. My goal for this month is to get to 163. I weighed myself when I got back from vacation last week, and was 165. Now I'm 167 - going the wrong way. I'm trying to go slow, be healthy, and remember it's a marathon, not a sprint - but ugggggggggghhhhhhhhhh, numbers like that are so frustrating, and fluctuations make it worse. Fortunately it is still early in the month, so there's time to reverse course, and get those numbers back down. I'm hoping that by saying *confidently* I WILL do it, then it'll be put out in the universe, and come true.
    On a positive note: I had a cheese bagel this morning, so to offset those calories I ate half of my giant sandwich for lunch, and pretzels instead of chips. I also gave up soda awhile ago (I used to drink at least 2/day), and no cream or sugar in my coffee anymore. These are small changes, but they add up.
    * I WILL* get to 163 this month. I know it.

Happy losing everybody!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Username Jamied328
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 2?
    PW: I am sorry, I am not sure
    CW: 165
  • johicks
    Options
    @ajaia2001 ~ Well that's a bummer that they switched the Tuesday class. Oh well. Bootcamp is kicking it for you! :)
    @Gustaaf85 ~ Poor, guy. Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Hopefully it will get resolved. Your overall health is the most important thing right now. :) keeping you in my thoughts.
    @rawrxamberx ~ Woooohoooo! You did great!! Congrats on the loss and the self-control. You're doing it!!
    @Terry111330 ~ Right. Some nights are just later than others. My goal is to not eat after dinner, unless its Sunday and we eat at 3:30. Meal prep ~ awesome!! Keep going strong.
    @red1185 ~ Vent away. Making those changes will work. Keep doing it out of habit, not just for the scale. As you know!! You got this!!
    @JamieD328 ~ no worries. I'l.p. Look up PW when I'm at home. You are doing good with all that's going on. Hugs.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily report Friday
    Run: not today
    Track: yes under
    Mind: good!
  • jupdyke
    Options
    Daily post: Thursday
    Calories: under with exercise, but over my personal goal
    Exercise: Ran juat under 4 miles. Hubby and I went out to dinner tonight. I planned ahead in my food diary, however, I did have 2 drinks as my husband said, "just have a couple...you only go around this world once." So of course i did...what am I gonna say to that. Lol. But, I did not come home and eat snacks like I usually would after drinks. Feeling in control!
  • jupdyke
    Options
    @johicks thank you for the reminder of that delicious bubbly flavored water. I need to stock up on that. Great job compromising with hubby and being prepared with snacks at work. You're on a roll.
  • ajaia2001
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Exercise: 1 hr bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Good Thursday. Stayed within my calories and had a great workout. Probably gonna take the next day or two off from exercising, my body is tired and very sore.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday August 8
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

@johicks I enjoyed your post this morning about things you’ve learned. Also thanks for the nice words. Puppy is better now and ME time starts this weekend!
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Week 2
    Username: Dillyg08
    Weigh In day: Thursday
    Previous Weight 190
    Current Weight: 190
This discussion has been closed.