TEAM: Run Track Minds (August)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS LOSERS!!
    Let’s keep working hard and finish the month together as a team, motivating each other to stay focused on our weight loss journey through the end of this month. Happy Losing!

mcd9ak5rhrsj.gif
    OUR top three for August week #1 had a total loss of 9.8lbs
    🥇 1st - @jupdyke - 2.02% loss of 3.2lbs
    🥈 2nd - @perla4686 - 1.69% loss of 3.0lbs
    🥉 3rd - @slytherclawz - 1.32% loss of 3.6lbs
    AB0215 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 1 WINNER @betsychange. - 3.00
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO GUTBUSTERS FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 1!!

August Week 1 is now in the books! Great job everyone! Motivation is high typically for Week 1 and the results really show! Great job everyone!!! Below are the full results for Week 1.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @betsychange. - 3.00%
    2nd - @BB_1033. - 2.86%
    3rd - @Shewhoismany. - 2.84%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Gutbusters. - 0.64%
    2nd - The Slimsons. - 0.49%
    3rd - Flab-U-Less. - 0.14%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:
    The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @stubbornloser. - 2.48%
    2nd - @drea2011. - 2.21%
    3rd - @Tracie_Lord. - 1.72%

The Slimsons
    1st - @Dustyspal. - 2.46%
    2nd - @mrsjas2000. - 1.93%
    3rd - @cydneebauman. - 1.66%

Gutbusters
    1st - @betsychange. - 3.00%
    2nd - @BB_1033. - 2.86%
    3rd - @Shewhoismany. - 2.84%

🌟Run Track Minds🌟
    🥇1st - @Jupdyke. - 2.02%
    🥈2nd - @perla4686. - 1.69%
    🥉3rd - @slytherclawz. - 1.32%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @MamboRumba. - 1.70%
    2nd - @Katchoi. - 1.66%
    3rd - @debbie14892. - 1.54%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @Dustyspal. - 7.7 lbs.
    2nd - @betsychange. - 6.2 lbs.
    3rd - @stubbornloser. - 5.6 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 6.6 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 30.5 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 33.9 lbs.
    🌟Run Track Minds - 5.1 lbs.🌟
    Flab-U-Less - 7.2 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 83.3 lbs

• johicks
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    @johicks
    @red1185
    Wow! Your determination is inspiring, great losses!

@Perla4686 ~ Thanks! Re-losing previously lost weight can be so frustrating. But, at least we are losing it! Right!? Right! The goal this week is to stay focused, eat more fruits/ veggies vs. processed snacks, and get in some good quality workouts!

Right... determination. You got it in you, too! Even though it doesn't feel like it, you're doing it!! :)
  • johicks
    Options
    jmacaroni wrote: »
    I’m away on vacation and there’s no scale here at my in-laws house. I am not sure what my weight is this week. It was 270 before leaving though.

Thanks for checking in. :) I hope that you are having a good time and are able to be mindful while having fun. How long will you be gone? You can miss one weigh-in, but not two during the challenge. You won't be kicked out or anything, just not eligible to be the biggest loser. We, of course, want you to stay in the challenge and be part of our team; we're a support group. But there are rules. :neutral:

Your weigh-in day is Friday. When you weighed before leaving what day/date was that? I can't post anything on the spreadsheet unless it's in the correct format, see below. I got you started...

Username: jmacaroni
    Week: Friday, Aug Week # (M/DD)
    PW: 270.0
    CW: 241.2
    below are optional
    One thing I did well: - optional
    One thing to improve: - optional
    ...to make it easier, copy and paste from week to week.
    *PW = previous weight, for week #1 it is your starting weight (SW)
    *CW = current weight

• bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Username: bootssowhite
    Week: Sunday, August Week 5 (8/4)
    PW: 267.8
    CW: 259.8
    One thing I did well: not letting small setbacks derail me long term
    One thing to improve: I'm on staycation for most of next week. I'm planning on visiting a bunch of places around Houston, but I need to make sure to avoid eating out too much, both for dietary and financial reasons. I'm going to buy a cooler so I can pack a lunch to bring with me most days.

This week's weight loss is actually less impressive than it looks. I was out of town last week, which meant I ate out a ton, and I always see a huge spike in my weight after eating out, regardless of what I ate. I think it's a water retention-sodium thing. Anyways, it always drops off pretty quickly, and so my PW was artificially high. I am, however, thrilled to see the 260s in my rearview mirror. I've been languishing there for months, losing the same 7-8 pounds over and over again. I'm thrilled to finally be making progress again.

Cait
  • johicks
    Options
    @bootssowhite - Cait... Awesome!! It's STILL impressive, as you could've (like you said) let that gain derail you and not lose at all! So good job!! :smiley:
  • johicks
    Options
    @Gustaaf85 =How ya doing on the punch challenge!? So far I'm 4 for 4!!
    vy0lwmyqcvoy.jpg
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    On my way home from another weekend + away from home and very happy to report that my cousin is doing good and her fiancé is in rough shape but with time and therapy will recover.

I did miss weigh in this week, and my choices have been terrible between travel and stress, but I had spent just enough time in a swim suit to know I want to be more comfortable with myself.

Daily report is that I haven’t tracked, and I know I am probably about at my limit or a little over on calories with dinner still to go, so I will try to keep it reasonable on supper and get in a walk when we get back to my parents house.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily report Sunday
    Nothing to report. Ill in bed all day, ate almost nothing so definitely under calories (not my preferred way of losing but hey... silver lining)
    Hopefully feeling better tomorrow
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday 08/04)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes. under (1299)
    Exercise 20+mins: Yes - 65min
    12+ Water: 💧x 15
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 💯
    • Plan / pre-log food: 💯
    • Evening Affirmations: 💯
    • NO post-dinner snack: None. Yes. 🤩
    • 🛑 KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: Yes. 🤩
    D8 of DO-IT attitude. Done 🤩
  • johicks
    Options
    @JamieD328 ~ Sorry to hear you are struggling, but glad to hear family is mostly okay. Hang in there. You will shake it off and get back.to. The hood habits and routine. Hugs
    @Perla4686 ~ silver lining. Be gentle to yourself when you are back to.being 100%. Hugs
  • johicks
    Options
    gwuxxiq2ubwj.jpg

Good night!
    r4n2ozaqgmj9.jpg

• skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday August4:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: on mark
    Exercise: no but housework

Good night all!
  • johicks
    Options
    @skullsandskeletons ~ Good Sunday!! Yeah. :) you're doing great!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 55 mins on elliptical
    Goal/Day: Nice relaxing Sunday. Got my meals and exercise in today. Now gonna continue laying around watching TV.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    (Daily Post - Sunday)
    Track: yes and stayed under!
    Exercise: I worked a 10 hour shift , 9.5 hours on my feet and then walked around the grocery store for about an hour! Definitely feel like I got my work out in lol
    Day: today was a little bit of a busy day lol but I was able to control my eating very well and drank more water :smiley:
  • mawash9
    mawash9 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    PW:235.4
    CW: 232.6
    One thing I did very well:Watched what I ate and never hungry
    Need to improve: bad end of week track(had 24 hour bug🤢)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    red1185 wrote: »
    Username: red1185
    PW: 172.4
    CW: 165.8
    One thing I did well: since getting back I haven’t had as much bread, cheese, or wine
    One thing to work on: get back in the swing of things by going on walks/runs in the mornings

@red1185 - I'm so excited for you!! Awesome! Awesome loss!! Way to come back after your vacation! You got this! If I recall correctly, you set your alarm and then hit snooze. This week make your mind up to exercise in the morning with some actions the night before. How about getting your workout clothing, shoes, and water bottle ready the night before? And say something to yourself about in the morning I am getting up to exercise because... I want to feel great, I want to start my day out feeling accomplished, I want to start my day by getting my metabolism moving... insert what motivates you. Maybe write it down. Maybe put it on a sticky note. Put that sticky note by your alarm. Put your shoes by your alarm... LOL . Anyway, if you go to bed with that mindset, maybe it will be easier to wake up and do it.

So if you wake up and still don't feel like it; then say... OK! I CAN DO at least 10 minutes to start my day. And just form the habit of 10 minutes, every day.

@johicks Thank you sooooo much for the support, motivation, and cheers! I love reading your responses to people, and just so you know - you’re amazing, too!!!

You nailed it - I was definitely hitting the snooze button lol. However, school starts back tomorrow, so my plan is to get up a little bit earlier, and take the dog on a walk. She’d like it, and I’d get some exercise in, and a chance to clear my head and prepare, before starting my day with students.

I’ve also started a second round of my own mini-weightloss challenge with friends. Hopefully that’ll be some good motivation too!!

Thank you thank you thank you for all that you do!!! You are awesome!
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked yes
    Calories on goal
    Exersize yes. An hour half trail run and an extra couple Kilometers walking the dog.
    Was a great day
  • LuluLovinLife
    LuluLovinLife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: LuluLovinLife
    Week: Sunday, August week 2
    PW: 138
    CW: 137.6

One thing I did well: I did fun activities that kept me active- kayaking, bike riding, dog walking many times!
    One thing to improve: go to the gym and work out my muscles.

Xoxox hugs and have a great week all!!
  • johicks
    Options
    🙋🏽 🌅 Good Magnificent Monday team! You’re the best! I just love the support and encouragement that we give and receive in this group. It makes my morning to get up and get motivated to start my day! My new habit is to be on the computer just a little while with you all, then exercise! My body looks forward to it now, as I need the stretch and the blood flowing. Did I just say that… I look forward to exercising!? Whoa! Well, you can’t spell CHALLENGE without CHANGE. :)

Speaking of challenge. I’d like for our team to finish in the top three again this week. Let’s put @RTM back where we belong… in the loser’s circle! Let’s get our loss on! So let’s all have a great day! AND an even better week. 💗💖💝 You can do it!! Conceive it. Believe it. Achieve it. 💗💖💝

@Gustaaf85~ Awesome punching! One day I got in a little more, as hubby walked into the room and I lost count. So I did extra just to make sure I had them all. LOL 👊🏽 Thanks for the challenge.
    @ajaia2001~ a GREAT Sunday and relax, aaaahhhhh. Good job. Hope you have a great Monday too! :smiley:
    @rawrxamberx~ Wooowheeee! That’s a lot of hours. Awesome on controlling eating and staying under. 👏🏽 And that water… yeah!! Keep it going!
    @mawash9~ Mike, sorry to hear you were sick. :( No fun. Good job on tracking and eating well. And drum roll…. You had a great loss. 👏🏽 Look how close you are to 230! Woohooooo! You will be in the 220s by the end of the month. Super exciting! You can do it!
    @red1185~ 🤗Thank you! 🤗 I appreciate the kind words. Responding to each of you, helps me stay focused and on track. I do my best to say what I mean or share what I do. And it’s helped me say things to hubby to help him, too. He wishes he has a support group like us! Have a great Monday! Hope you & the dog enjoyed the walk and your first day back is awesome.
    @wander216~ Woooo! Superb Sunday! 👍🏽 Good for you! Keep it going.
    @LuluLovinLife~ Nice loss! 👏🏽 Yeah! Fun exercises in the summer… yeah, you!! I don’t get to the gym, either. Not one close enough and I’m too cheap. I do have dumbbells and use workout videos. My favorite is BodyFit by Amy. oh man! She really gets ya moving, even without weights, she has great workouts.
This discussion has been closed.