TEAM: Run Track Minds (August)

Options

Replies

• Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I had a nice vacation. I rarely take vacations. I have so much PTO. I even max out sometimes. Since things have changed for the worst at my job I decided to start taking PTO. Well, a little rest and relaxation did me some good. I'm back to work today and my attitude is POSITIVE even though my job is giving me the blues. I will be taking more PTO. Also, not stressing about what I can't change at work. Back strong with my healthy eating and work outs starting this Sunday. I plan to get to under 200 before of by Christmas.

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @MADDIESMOMMY6611~ 👏🏽 WoooooHoooooo! Look at that loss and the side-by-side photo. Awesome!
    @wander216~ Just a little bit. You can work that off this week. You got this. 👊🏽
    @Toyota100~Oh I’m so happy that you had a vacation! Yeah! You can reach that end-of-year goal. 👍🏽 That’s why you’re part of this challenge. Let’s do this!!
  • johicks
    Options
    suh9g3s9kpve.jpg
    ⏳ ⏳ AUGUST WEEK 1 ⏳ ⏳
    ⌛️ JULY 28TH - AUGUST 3RD ⌛️
    34 MEMBERS
    22 (65%) of us weighed in
    16 (73%) had a loss or stayed the same for a loss of 34.2lbs!!
    Our losses =22.2 lbs, our gains =19.3 lbs, and our overall net loss = 2.9 lbs.
    👏 👍AWESOME JOB LOSERS! 👏 👍
    ed0f5c8zenxq.jpg
    👍LET’S KEEP WORKING EXTRA HARD IN WEEK #2 👍

HUGE congrats to our teammates who posted every day for the daily RTM Mini-challenge!!

hfdm6jmpva7w.jpg
    RUN TRACK MINDS- Together! Kudos to the following for posting 2+ times this week to encourage & inspire your teammates:
    cv6uo0xxeq0m.gif
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily report Friday & Saturday
    Weekends are a real struggle. I decided on Fri to try pre-log my food and stick to plan but sadly, after I had eaten everything on my plan, I binged on a load of junk and did not log it.
    On the upside, I got back to plan on Saturday so hopefully the damage is not too great.
    It's an improvement on the 3 day (formally 3 week) binges I used to have.
    Gotta get weekends under control.
    Have a great week everyone!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Saturday August 3
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over but at maintenance
    Exercise: no but did lots of housework

Hopefully my calories today don’t affect my weight too much tomorrow!
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday 08/03)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes. under
    Exercise 20+mins: Yes - 60min
    12+ Water: 💧x 18
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 💯
    • Plan / pre-log food: 💯
    • Evening Affirmations: 💯
    • NO post-dinner snack: One.
    • 🛑 KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: Yes. 🤩
    D7 of DO-IT attitude. Done 🤩
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    (Daily Post - Saturday)
    Track: yes and stayed under!
    Exercise: yes. I worked 8.5 hours on my feet!
    Day: today went pretty well! I’m starting to actually like drinking water now. Which coming from someone who HATED it, it’s a big thing lol. Like when I’m thirsty the first instinct is water!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Week 1
  • johicks
    Options
    It’s a late night post for me. I was laying in bed binging on Netflix and wanted to binge on food. So I reached for my tea and my gum and then got up and washed my face. But that wasn’t enough. So here I am hoping that chatting with you will keep it at bay. I’m learning. It’s a slow process, but I am trying to find what sticks! It does help that tomorrow is weigh-in and that I can tell myself to hold off. I can have extra calories tomorrow after weigh-in, planned calories. By tomorrow this binge feeling will be gone.

So today….. My hubby likes to cook. And I don't let him do that as much as he wants. So today we had mom over for dinner. It was a three-fer: he got to cook, mom got out, and I got to stay home. Seee.. a three-fer. :) Okay, I need to focus on something else. A distraction. Then back to bed for 8 hours. Okay here it goes…. it was a good week of NSV’s I noticed this week:
    My chin is reduced
    My face is not as round & my cheeks are more defined (face, not bum- hahaha)
    While exercising, I noticed my core is a bit stronger.
    My knee pain is getting less
    When my muscles are sore it doesn't last as long. And it didn't stop me from exercising the next day. I just focused on other muscle groups.
    Exercise is becoming more enjoyable.
    Exercise is becoming a habit.
    Hubby & I are more harmonious with our addictions, and I'm able to talk nicely and more freely with him instead of at him with anger.

Okay, enough about me. I see some comments came in ….

@perla4686~ Hey you did it!! 👍🏽 You said the binge used to be three weeks, then three days. You reigned yourself in after one day! That’s so awesome!! Yes, let’s have a great week!
    @skullsandskeletons~ You did great this week. Let’s hope. 👊🏽
    @rawrxamberx ~ Satisfaction from Saturday! Great job!! Drink up 💧🥤💧 :)
    @lovethyneighbor ~ Wooohoooo! 2.2# loss. Bye bye lbs. PW: 216.8 CW: 214.6 👏🏽

Good night!
    r4n2ozaqgmj9.jpg
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    I have come down with stomach bug and feel awful :'( spent half the night in the bathroom and it's showing no signs of letting up. No appetite whatsoever :'(
  • johicks
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    I have come down with stomach bug and feel awful :'( spent half the night in the bathroom and it's showing no signs of letting up. No appetite whatsoever :'(

Ugh!! That does not sound good or fun. Hope you can take in some electrolytes and feel better later today. BIG HUGS. Take care of yourself.
  • johicks
    Options
    7586z38h63vr.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, Aug., Week 2 (8/4)
    PW: 246.0
    CW: 241.4
    Lost all but .2# of my week #1 gain.

One thing I did well: Stayed focused. Completed my 3 resistance workouts & 1 endurance workout. Yeah!!
    One thing to improve: Keep the focus of losing to stop this gain big & lose big cycle. And continue to work on my routine of coming home, then eating.

During the week most nights, that’s okay. But it’s a bad habit that rises when my schedule dictates a late night. I want to eat when I walk in the door. So…I need to find a new routine. One thing I did notice and change already is that I have a wonderful face soap naturally made with oatmeal and lavender. It helps with my rosacea. I use it in the shower and have noticed how it makes me feel. So I moved it to the sink to be able to make it a habit of using it at night to wash my face. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh That aroma calms. So I’m in the process. Washing my face is a great distraction that makes me remind myself to care of ME! It makes me stop for a few moments, look at myself in the mirror, and breath in a wonderful sensation. It is also a great symbol of washing away the troubles or torments of the day and becoming fresh and new.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Username: red1185
    PW: 172.4
    CW: 165.8
    One thing I did well: since getting back I haven’t had as much bread, cheese, or wine
    One thing to work on: get back in the swing of things by going on walks/runs in the mornings
  • johicks
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Username: red1185
    PW: 172.4
    CW: 165.8
    One thing I did well: since getting back I haven’t had as much bread, cheese, or wine
    One thing to work on: get back in the swing of things by going on walks/runs in the mornings

@red1185 - I'm so excited for you!! Awesome! Awesome loss!! Way to come back after your vacation! You got this! If I recall correctly, you set your alarm and then hit snooze. This week make your mind up to exercise in the morning with some actions the night before. How about getting your workout clothing, shoes, and water bottle ready the night before? And say something to yourself about in the morning I am getting up to exercise because... I want to feel great, I want to start my day out feeling accomplished, I want to start my day by getting my metabolism moving... insert what motivates you. Maybe write it down. Maybe put it on a sticky note. Put that sticky note by your alarm. Put your shoes by your alarm... LOL . Anyway, if you go to bed with that mindset, maybe it will be easier to wake up and do it.

So if you wake up and still don't feel like it; then say... OK! I CAN DO at least 10 minutes to start my day. And just form the habit of 10 minutes, every day.

• skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: August week 2 (Sunday 8/4)
    PW: 224
    CW: 220 😁

Thing I did well: tracked consistently
    Thing to improve: drink more water
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Toyota100
    Week: Sunday, August Week 2 (8/4)
    PW 219.2
    CW 220.1
    Gained, but I plan to get focused now.

One thing I did well: I went on vacation to destress. We went to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tennessee. About an eight hour drive from Indiana.

One thing to improve: Starting today. I'm going to try to stay on track. I will use MFP to vent if I have urges to binge. I will also try to drink water or chew gum to distract my binge temptations. Also, just try to stay positive and be thankful of what I do have. Try not to focus on what I don't have to avoid negative thoughts.

• johicks
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @skullsandskeletons~ You have had an outstanding week in a big loss AND overcoming that work stress w/o using food as your crutch. Keep up the good work! Awesome! Congrats!! I bet you will get in some exercise today... A HAPPY DANCE!!! :wink:

@Toyota100 ~ So happy that you got away to destress. For being gone on vacation that isn't much of a gain, you did something well. :) You can do this. I've noticed to change some of the little words in my vocabulary to be more positive... one of them is "try." Change from try to "I will start to ....." That changes it to be "in the process" of changing habits from "oh I'm gonna someday." It sounds silly, I know. But give it a whirl. :) HUGS I feel that you are right on the brink of getting over that hump!! You will have an Awesome breakthrough in August. I feel it. Now you feel it and believe it, too.
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I’m away on vacation and there’s no scale here at my in-laws house. I am not sure what my weight is this week. It was 270 before leaving though.
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    @johicks
    @red1185
    Wow! Your determination is inspiring, great losses!
This discussion has been closed.