Options

Replies

• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Day: Fully back on track with a light lunch and a light dinner. BF wanted steak so we stuck with side salad only since the steak has a lot more calories than our normal chicken. Had enough calories left over for a little Halo Top to end my evening, which was definitely needed. Made a plan with my BF that we would stay in on Friday instead of doing our usual Happy Hour and night out. We have full social days Saturday and Sunday and I just can't do a full weekend calorically or financially! I know I've been saying I need to get my finances together all summer it seems like, but I never was able to buckle down and just do it. This is the month I'm going to do it. I have some social events I've already committed to including a long weekend in Hilton Head next week, but other than those I need to stay home or keep my socializing to free activities!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @Terry111330 ~ Excellent exercise! Yeah, you!! You should be hungry after all that quality exercise. Yes, plan snack meals accordingly is a key factor. Its hard to learn the right balance, but that is what this journey is all about.... Figuring it out. :) You got it. Kitchen closed at specific time helps, too. Then tea & gum for me.

@jwall309 ~ Good job on dinner!! Yes, Being social can also be costly. You can do it. Saving money for me is way easier than saving calories for a night out. Lol. When is the move?
  • jwall309
    Options
    @johicks We put in an application on an apartment yesterday (DC apartments are extremely competitive) so if we get it, and thats a big IF, then we would move in September 1. If we dont get it, I think we might push the move back to October for financial reasons and some career things that are up in the air right now.
  • johicks
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    @johicks We put in an application on an apartment yesterday (DC apartments are extremely competitive) so if we get it, and thats a big IF, then we would move in September 1. If we dont get it, I think we might push the move back to October for financial reasons and some career things that are up in the air right now.

Exciting and nerve racking if you ask me. :) Good luck!
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday 08/06)
    Calories: Yes. under (1200)
    Exercise 20+mins: Yes - 25min
    12+ Water: 💧x 18
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 💯
    • Plan / pre-log food: 💯
    • Evening Affirmations: 💯
    • NO post-dinner snack: None. 🤩
    • 🛑 KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: Yes. 🤩
    D10 of DO-IT attitude. Done 🤩

wpeb7xz323jo.jpg
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday 08/06)
    Calories: Yes. under (1200)
    Exercise 20+mins: Yes - 25min
    12+ Water: 💧x 18
    Healthy Habits:
    • NO post-dinner snack: None. 🤩
    • 🛑 KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: Yes. 🤩
    D10 of DO-IT attitude. Done 🤩

You're so on it!
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    Daily report Tuesday
    Run: went to my class 50/50 cardio strength
    Track: slightly over but under with workout calories
    Mind: good!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hr bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Much better day!!! I am really sore from these last 2 days of bootcamp. But I rather be sore from working out than feeling like a lazy bum 🤸‍♀️😂

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!!!
  • johicks
    Options
    @Perla4686 ~ Thanks. Feels good. You had a good day too! YEAH!! Keep it going.
    @ajaia2001 ~ Yeah!! Another good day. You are for sure not a bum. The hurt does feel good. It feels like accomplishment. Yes! Keep it going.
  • eehharlow
    eehharlow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Username: eehharlow
    Week: Tuesday, Week 2 (8/6)
    PW: 222.0
    CW: 221.2

Hi All!!!!
    I realize as I'm on my way to bed that I haven't checked in for a couple of days (I'm going with that)

I would like to catch up a bit in reading the thread and trying to post.

My little bitty loss happened because I fell into the old habit of celebrating a big loss with food. My mantra for the rest of the week is TRACKING.

I just have to get the DAR invoices sent!!!! Gahhh.....it's stressing me out.
    LOL
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday August 6:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
    😀
  • johicks
    Options
    @eehharlow ~ Yeah a loss! 👏🏽 Bye bye #!! Hope you are able to catch up with the posts and get those invoices out! Keep tracking and being mindful. One day at a time… you can do it!
    @skullsandskeletons~ Terrific Tuesday! :)
  • johicks
    Options
    hbgympiecu2h.png
  • johicks
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @klilev~ Did I miss your Week #2 (Mon) weigh-in? I don't see it on the spreadsheet. Hope you are well and still charging forward.

The following teammates will be eliminated from the challenge and removed from the weight spreadsheet if there isn't a week #2 weigh-in. Please reach out to our teammates.
    @kate_x4
    @Endndajrny
    @Jactop
    @JammyPea
    @MXCTRL
    @GoalDigger11
    @Tbchitwood76
    @Msk1000
    @JamieD328 - I know you were visiting your cousin.
    @jmacaroni - I hope that you will be back from your in-laws to weigh-in.

Please at least check in to let us know you want to continue to be part of this challenge. Thank you.

Weigh-ins close at 11:59 pm EST on Saturdays. Should you miss the deadline, your weight will be marked as a zero loss. Challengers who miss two consecutive weigh-ins are disqualified for the remainder of the month. Please be respectful of your team - they are counting on your contribution to the team's success.
  • jwall309
    Options
    Daily Post

Calories: At goal
    Day: I have managed to shift how much I need to eat during the day to feel full. Before I would need a larger lunch with snacks to make it through the day without feeling hungry, lately I've been able to manage with a pretty light lunch and fewer snacks. Funny how our bodies and habits change without us even realizing it sometimes. BF and I mare burrito bowls for dinner with homemade mango salsa and guacamole. Its amazing how low in calories those can be when in control of what goes in them!
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in

Yesterday started out good, but then had unexpected company, a couple of drinks and a late supper. Kitchen did not close until 8:00 pm.

Today - 40 minutes of strength training in am followed by a low calorie, protein based breakfast. Plan to make a chicken and cabbage soup today and to close the kitchen at 7:00 pm.

• klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Week 2
    Username: klilev
    Weight in day: Monday
    SW: 196.6
    PW: 183.4
    CW: 182.2
    Did well: Worked out consistently this week
    Need to work on: Drinking enough water on weekends

Thank you for the reminder @johicks !
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    klilev wrote: »
    Week 2
    Username: klilev
    Weight in day: Monday
    SW: 196.6
    PW: 183.4
    CW: 182.2
    Did well: Worked out consistently this week
    Need to work on: Drinking enough water on weekends

Thank you for the reminder @johicks !

Nice one! Weekends are tricky!
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    Daily report Wednesday
    Run: C25K W7R2 done! Working up my distance now, today was 4.6 km. Feels good.
    Track: pizza supper so went over. I was out with the kids all day and just decided to enjoy it! Tracked it after and was surprised it wasn't way over, only a few hundred. I think I just eat less then I used to. No regrets.
    Mind: good. Funny story. A dress I bought a few weeks ago started unravelling at the seam. I went back to the shop to complain and they offered me a new one. I tried a size smaller and it fit! Feels so good!
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday 08/07)
    Calories: Yes. under (1450)
    Exercise 20+mins: Yes - 40min
    12+ Water: 💧x 15
    Healthy Habits: