September 2019 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    xkpeetwlu5i8.png

My new walking buddy! My stepson moved in with us, and he brought his dog. I have never had a dog before, and I wasn't sure how far is too far to walk for a dog, so we walked one mile on the trails yesterday.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    September Goal = 150 miles

9/1: 5.08
    9/2: 5.06
    9/3: 5.06

15.20 out of 150 miles
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    I am getting back to working out after gaining a LOT of weight back. I will be using the elliptical at my gym as well as my Leslie Sansone workouts. I am setting my September goal as 50 miles.

You can do this. :)
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    September Goal: 3.5 miles/day recorded on my Vivofit with at least 2 Leslie 15 minutes walks each day.

9/1-WAH-WAP 1 mile walk X 2=2.0 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked .5 miles=2.5 miles total
    9/2-WAP-Ultimate Collection 3 mile Advanced Walk=5.5 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 2.0=7.5 miles total
    9/3-Vivofit tracked 3.8 mile=11.3 miles total
    9/4-Just Walk-WOP-3 mile walk=14.3 miles total

Hmm Tues & Thurs are going to be a challenge. I have to drive to an extension site, which is 30 minutes each way, so I am going to consider any walking on those days a bonus! I have never driven to an extension site for class and then back to main campus before and it takes up a lot more time of my walking time than I thought! Usually if I teach at an extension site, it is my first class and then I am on main campus for the rest of the day. This old dog is going to have to learn some new tricks! :laugh: Meh, we'll see how it goes.

@Deeder522 -Congratulations on the new client!!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ It is so rewarding when hard works pays off isn't it! Thanks for the well wishes on the semester. It is going to be a challenge, but I am up to it!!! :laugh:

@texasgardnr-🎡🎡Happy Birthday to you🎡Happy Birthday to You🎡 Happy Birthday to Mary🎡🎡 Happy Birthday to you!🎡🎡 And many more 🎡🎡🎡 πŸŽ‚πŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸŽ

@RisingAboveIt -We have all been on the weight loss-weigh gain journey, but at least we know what works to lose it when we slip up. Welcome back and make those pounds sorry that ever decided to come back on you!!! :explode:

@AnnofB -Oh Ann, you are doing so well keep on the strength training train. I am thinking that November will be my month for the Walk it Off in 30 Days routine. I'm using you for inspiration!!! :smile:

@corinasue1143 - 10 minutes is a great goal to start with if you do not know how much you can do. Go for it and you will build up to 15 and then 20 and pretty soon, you will be amazed at how far you can walk. Go For IT!!! :+1:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    zichab wrote: Β»
    September Goal: 3.5 miles/day recorded on my Vivofit with at least 2 Leslie 15 minutes walks each day.

@AnnofB -Oh Ann, you are doing so well keep on the strength training train. I am thinking that November will be my month for the Walk it Off in 30 Days routine. I'm using you for inspiration!!! :smile:
    Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

Thank you! :) That really made me smile.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    xkpeetwlu5i8.png

My new walking buddy! My stepson moved in with us, and he brought his dog. I have never had a dog before, and I wasn't sure how far is too far to walk for a dog, so we walked one mile on the trails yesterday.

Great for you and the dog. :)
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    xkpeetwlu5i8.png

I love walking buddies and yours looks like the best buddy to have.
  • JoyStoltenburg
    JoyStoltenburg Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sept Goal is to do some walking everyday! Still trying to get a rhythm to this working thing. I haven't worked for 3.5 yrs so it is tough to get back into it.
    9/1 Sewing
    9/2 Sewing
    9/3 Workout # 195. cleaning spaces 1 hr
    9/4 Workout #196 Walking and cleaning property 1 hr.
  • Zhe139
    Zhe139 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    just joining... :)
    my plan for september is 7000-7500 steps a day about 3.5miles per day
    getting my germain vivofit today will see how it goes
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Zhe139 wrote: Β»
    just joining... :)
    my plan for september is 7000-7500 steps a day about 3.5miles per day
    getting my germain vivofit today will see how it goes

Welcome Zhe139. Glad you joined us. I've got a Fitbit and love it. There's something about seeing the steps add up that makes you want to keep going.

AnnofB
  • AnnofB
    Options
    knjstolt wrote: Β»
    Sept Goal is to do some walking everyday! Still trying to get a rhythm to this working thing. I haven't worked for 3.5 yrs so it is tough to get back into it.
    9/1 Sewing
    9/2 Sewing

I bet it is tough. But you will find your way. I don't think there's any stopping you once you find the path!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Options

9/4: 5.04

20.24 out of 150 miles
  • AnnofB
    Options
    My goal is to keep on with the strength workouts 3 times a week.

9/1.... rest day
    9/2.... 28 minutes of light weights full body workout and 20 minutes of the 5 Day Slim Down
    9/3....35 minutes of an aerobic workout
    9/4....43 minutes of The 5 Day Slim Down
    9/5....41 minutes of light weights, full body workout

Walk Strong!
  • JoyStoltenburg
    Options
    @AnnofB thank you I just need to get even a mile workout in but it seems like I even work through lunch sometimes. We have a very busy property and there are 2 of there all the time. I get off at 6 so it is home, cook dinner, clean up and then relax.... LOL I will get it figured out just may take some time. But at least I am burning some calories walking the property in the morning in this TX heat
  • JoyStoltenburg
    Options
    9/1 Sewing
    9/2 Sewing
    9/5 Workout #197 1 hr walking property and cleaning it as I go.
  • meganmoschops
    meganmoschops Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Happy September everyone!

My September goal is to walk at least 60 miles. Planning on doing more BUT it needs to be a target I know I can achieve and I won’t beat myself up over / give up if I lose the plot.

I need to put my mental and physical health first this academic year so:

Mon - Wed (teaching days) = 1 mile a day.
    Thurs - Sun = 2 miles a day. 1 mile a day is minimum.

I’m not including walking when I’m at work or counting steps with a fit bit or anything, this is just from going for walks and using Leslie Sansone.

So that’s the plan.

So far this month I’ve walked 8 miles. Started yesterday (6th) so that’s ok I think so far!
  • AnnofB
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @meganmoschops - "Planning on doing more but it needs to be a target I can achieve and I won't beat myself up over / give up if I lose the plot." Absolutely. It's a balancing act. Once you find what is doable for you, it's golden.

P.S. What a beautiful cat!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Options

9/4: 5.04
    9/5: 5.13

25.37 out of 150 miles
  • AnnofB
    Options
    My goal is to keep on with the strength workouts 3 times a week.

9/1.... rest day
    9/2.... 28 minutes of light weights full body workout and 20 minutes of the 5 Day Slim Down
    9/3....35 minutes of an aerobic workout
    9/4....43 minutes of The 5 Day Slim Down
    9/5....41 minutes of light weights, full body workout
    9/6....47 minutes of 5 Mix and Match Miles
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @RisingAboveIt, looks like an awesome new walking buddy for you 🐢😁.

@Americanbabydoll, you are adding up those miles!

@corinasue1143, Welcome to our walking challenge! Those 10 minute "Walk Blasters" can be a great way to start. That DVD has a good variety of 10 minute walks that vary in intensity and focus. Let us know how you are doing.

@zichab, you can figure it out, if anybody could in your predicament. Thank you for the colorful birthday greeting 🎡.

@knjstolt, you are doing really amazing for going back to work after some time off. You are rocking it for certain!!! You go girl!! You are burning it in more ways than one when including the Texas heat πŸ”₯ in the mix. It has been unrelenting with no rain (at least in my area) for way too long. Take care. My hubby works out in the heat all day also so I see first hand how hard it has been lately.

@Zhe139, welcome to the walk challenge! Your step/mileage using your Vivofit sounds like you got a good plan! Looking forward to your updates.

@AnnofB, you are walking "strong" indeed!! So proud of you for keeping up the strength workouts.

@meganmoschops, you sure have a well thought out plan, and have made a great start!! Welcome to the Walk Challenge group!!

My goal for September is to continue to be active in some way at least 5 days a week, while continuing to add in more Leslie miles as well as outdoor walks as tolerated. I will also include other things like yard and garden work to keep me moving, while allowing my knee to completely heal. OK, I'm gonna go out on the limb and start to add in strength with weights or resistance bands walks or workouts πŸ˜²πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ˜„.

September 1: Rest Day
    September 2: Decided it was going to be an easier day. Counted 60 minutes between grocery shopping and some working with the garden
    September 3: 3 miles Slim & Sleek 'Pilates Inspired Walk. 15 minutes yard/ garden this morning
    September 4: 3 miles Walk Slim Fast & Firm, plus some gardening
    September 5: 3 hours: a mix of errands & grocery shopping and work in the yard/ garden
    September 6: 3 miles WAP Express: Advanced Walk, 30 minutes garden

:flowerforyou: