Taking back control with OMAD - Emilie

Hey all,

After reading your OMAD threads and seeing how they aid in staying on track, I’ve decided to create my own thread. I aim to look back at this very moment in time with pride for having achieved my goal weight of 70 kilo since, and continue with my next goal of maintaining the weight... I cannot wait!

Weight 211 pounds (96 kilo).
Height 5’5 (1.65 meter).

It will be nice to get to know you all and hear your thoughts on my posts.

Thanks for reading!
Emilie

Replies

• Good day.

I am on my 10th day so far and it is going pretty well. I haven’t suffered from extreme hunger or exhaustion yet. Hopefully I won’t have to deal with it at all, but we shall see. I’m just trying to get through the 14-day period now.

The eating window of 6-8PM is excellent. I don’t think of food all that much. At least, not when I’m busy. And I’m making an effort in trying to get the rest of my life back together. That seems to go much easier than before. I’ve already been more sociable, patient, prepared, and responsible. In that regard it is a very rewarding experience so far. It is as if something clicked in my mind and I realized if one thing is going to change, it won’t work unless the rest does too, or I’ll just feel frustrated and disappointment with myself and cope by eating. Hopefully I am not taking on too much in one go. But this just feels right.

I haven’t dared weighing myself yet, afraid to demotivate myself. But I’ve noticed my clothing is looser already. I have a reminder set on my phone to do it this Sunday morning... So I’m a little nervous.

Does anyone else notice being more thirsty than usual on OMAD? Or remember being more thirsty in the first 14 days. I believe I went from drinking perhaps 1-1,5 L a day to 2+ L. Is it because of the fat being broken down and leaving the body?

I hope you all have a great day,
    E.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hi there and a warm welcome :) Drinking water is awesome as it helps you in loosing weight. @mistymeadows2005 & @volgirl1322 can drink up to 3 litres per day...amazing!
    Good luck with your OMAD journey! :) We are here to support you :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Good morning!

Welcome!! Glad you have made a thread I look forward to following your progress. For me, I do drink a lot of water usually at least 100 oz a day or more! I am not sure if OMAD made me more thirsty at first, I just do it because it helps with hunger, and since I have done it for a while I am in the habit of doing it!

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome!!

I concur, I already drank so much water that I don't remember being more hungry. Perhaps it's because you were thirty before and were reading it as hunger? Perhaps you're craving more water BECAUSE you're not eating during the day - either way it's a good thing! If I get less than a gallon a day A: I won't lose very well or even maintain and B: I feel like garbage LOL

Excited to see your first weigh in numbers! After 2 weeks-ish you should definitely see a loss! Good luck and KUTGW!!
  • Welcome!!

I concur, I already drank so much water that I don't remember being more hungry. Perhaps it's because you were thirty before and were reading it as hunger? Perhaps you're craving more water BECAUSE you're not eating during the day - either way it's a good thing! If I get less than a gallon a day A: I won't lose very well or even maintain and B: I feel like garbage LOL

Excited to see your first weigh in numbers! After 2 weeks-ish you should definitely see a loss! Good luck and KUTGW!!
    Good morning!

Welcome!! Glad you have made a thread I look forward to following your progress. For me, I do drink a lot of water usually at least 100 oz a day or more! I am not sure if OMAD made me more thirsty at first, I just do it because it helps with hunger, and since I have done it for a while I am in the habit of doing it!
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Hi there and a warm welcome :) Drinking water is awesome as it helps you in loosing weight. @mistymeadows2005 & @volgirl1322 can drink up to 3 litres per day...amazing!
    Good luck with your OMAD journey! :) We are here to support you :)

God morgon alla!
    (Good morning in Swedish)

Thank you all for the support! I suppose upping my water intake is only a good thing then, and nothing to worry about...!

As to the weigh in... Tomorrow I’m going to do it, but already today I’ve made a before and after picture... and I can definitely see a huuuge difference! The first picture I just got back from a brisk walk. The second picture is from this morning straight out of bed.

Let me try to post it.

c7y7am7dfxki.jpeg

There! I’ve never posted a before - after like this in my life so I’m a bit nervous, but there it is.
    Also I used the free “Photo Collage” app from the Apple App Store. I can recommend it as it is super easy to make a comparison picture with it!

Hope you all have a great day,
    E.
  • And an update...

I’ve an acne break-out, and it is pretty bad. It happened overnight. Does or did anyone else have this problem?

I’ve never been a person to have acne. As a teenager I maybe had a spot or two on my face or neck, but nothing like this. It looks like an angry red rash with painful pimples. They are all over my left cheek, chin, chest, and the back of my neck...

I googled around just now and someone mentioned that with rapid weight loss, hormones that were “stored” in fat deposits suddenly break free also and cause this “hormonal acne”. It is supposedly gone after a month or so... Hopefully it is just that and nothing permanent.

Besides it being an annoyance... It is absolutely Terrible timing! :D My mother is throwing a big birthday bash in 2 weeks because she is turning 60. It is pretty much going to be like a reunion... Everyone will be there.

I truly hope by then at least my face cleared up a little... I do not want to smear any foundation over these things...

On another note, yesterday I suddenly became explosively angry. Someone cut me off in a bend while driving which made the car stop abruptly, people started honking. Later when I parked the car I just completely lost it and started cursing and yelling about how people can’t drive... it scared my partner, and once I cooled down it scared me, too. After reading about how hormones are released from fat storage I suppose I’ll just attribute it to that, but man, it sure was scary :#

And that’s it for today. Tomorrow I’ll post my weigh in... Exciting!

Thanks for reading folks. Best of luck to you today, and above all, enjoy the day. :)
    E.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Wow, sounds like you're getting a lot of hormonal side effects - I personally didn't have any, but I was already in a IF pattern so perhaps that's part of it? The breakout sounds awful, I'm so sorry! I wish I had some advice but I've been very blessed in skin department. SUPER excited to see your official loss numbers tomorrow because your comparison pictures CLEARLY show a giant difference! ROCK ON BABE!

PS - I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're Swedish LMAO in which case I'mma need some good food pics and recipes please and thank YOU :)
  • Wow, sounds like you're getting a lot of hormonal side effects - I personally didn't have any, but I was already in a IF pattern so perhaps that's part of it? The breakout sounds awful, I'm so sorry! I wish I had some advice but I've been very blessed in skin department. SUPER excited to see your official loss numbers tomorrow because your comparison pictures CLEARLY show a giant difference! ROCK ON BABE!

PS - I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're Swedish LMAO in which case I'mma need some good food pics and recipes please and thank YOU :)

Maybe you were already adapted indeed. Lucky! Wish I had such a smooth ride. The worst about the breakout is that it really hurts. Like a constant stinging and burning sensation. Quite bizarre. Oh well.

Yeah looking at the pictures again now really see a giant difference too! Thanks for being excited for me, we’ll find out tomorrow morning! Time to sleep! Thanks for the encouragement :blush:

Ps. You are totally right! Sure thing. If I make something traditional Swedish I’ll show it and post the recipe too :smile:
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    That's what I heard too about fat holding on to a lot of hormones so when you're losing weight, all of them get released. Hopefully things will even out for you soon and the acne will disappear.

Anywho! Welcome and damn girl! That is already an awesome progress shot you have there! You can totally see a difference between the 2!
  • LiLee2018 wrote: »
    That's what I heard too about fat holding on to a lot of hormones so when you're losing weight, all of them get released. Hopefully things will even out for you soon and the acne will disappear.

Anywho! Welcome and damn girl! That is already an awesome progress shot you have there! You can totally see a difference between the 2!

I hope so too! Thanks Lilee, I did my weigh in this morning but haven’t had time to post yet!

88,1 kilo! I’ve lost 7,8 kilo in 10 days no wonder I got these insane side effects! I can hardly believe it. With OMAD I feel I barely have to do anything for it... I eat what I want on the one plate and I also haven’t really held back in how much I can fit on it lol. I cannot wrap my mind around this huge jump in numbers yet. Wow. What have I been doing all these years
  • LiLee2018
    Holy *kitten*! That's amazing!!! Isn't it such a great feeling when you FINALLY find that something? On one hand you're like... "Damn! I wish I had started this sooner!" but then on the other "Yay! FINALLY!"
    Just remember though, those numbers might slow down some. Don't get discouraged though. Be consistent and keep going!!
  • jadepearl
    From the photos, I can see a huge difference! Congrats! <3 Nearly 8 kg loss...amazing! Keep up the good work :)
  • volgirl1322
    I didn't have any issues either when I started but I was doing IF prior to OMAD and like Steph said, that might be the reason for no issues.

HOLY SMOKES what a weight loss ---that is super super awesome and wow you can totally see a transformation taking place in your pics!!! Keep it up --you are doing great!!!!! <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! I knew you'd have a huge loss! Look at dem photos!!!

OMAD is a dream for the right people (ie US! LOL) and it's super simple. It combines laziness and a love of food, but doing so in a way that your body LIKES! Keep it up babe! Use this momentum for the days that will inevitably get harder :)

Super start babe, keep us updated!
  • Good morning!

Thank you all so much for the support & the compliments! :love: I am feeling really proud of getting this far. If only that horrible acne clears up in time for my mother’s party... Then, besides a minor setback I’ll say more about soon, I’ve really nothing to complain!

I wish I had known about IF, but hey, I got this far!

And a long report on the past two days..

I felt momentarily terrible yesterday. I was riding a high all day on Sunday because I lost so much weight and ended up eating way, but I mean absolutely WAY too much food on my OMAD at dinner. It was more like two OMADs and then three or four big fatty and sugary homemade chocolate chip cookies to boot that I baked for my partner at work... Aaaaak! I’m pretty sure the whole meal(s) totalled near 2,500 calories and I felt uncomfortably stuffed. Why oh why. It felt obsessive :disappointed:

I fell for the ol’ celebratory eating “binge”, didn’t even know that could happen.

Kept waking up throughout the night. Probably because I was holding a ton of energy. Next day, so yesterday, I looked super bloated and felt terrible. Took me until this morning to have a BM, I became rather constipated. Sorry if TMI.

But I did turn it around. I didn’t want to linger on the bad feelings and wanted to look towards the future, with my weight loss accomplishment in mind. I broke through sugar cravings the next day. And I will again and again until I stop craving it in an obsessive manner... 14 day Mission critical all over again(?) I don’t know how long sugar lasts in the system or these cravings. Either way, I did not touch any of the leftover cookies and my partner took them to work today. Ate super healthy for my OMAD meal that evening and took an extra walk.

Maybe had I done IF before OMAD I wouldn’t have all these “growing pains”, but I am learning a lot about myself and my body. Mainly my psychology, because the eating on Sunday was definitely not real hunger, almost more like ye old obsessive binge. And I always thought I only did that while feeling bad, but it seems it can also happen as a celebration type thing. I haven’t had any therapy yet so far, but I am on the wait list and they said it could take up to a month to hear back. So I’m going to do and change what I can to the best of my ability and will see what comes of that therapy. If I haven’t heard back within the next four weeks, I’ll go to a private psychologist.

So now I’m back on track... Just had my first cup of coffee this week and I’m feeling pretty great. I’m going to take care of a bunch of things today, and also do some more of those yoga exercises. I’ve really enjoyed doing them so far. And I never took myself for a yoga gal :smile:

For those interested, I simply do these: the 10 most important yoga poses for beginners. Next week I’ll play around with some other, perhaps more advanced poses.

Thanks for reading & have a great day!
    E.
  • By the way, a great app I’m using is the “Zero” fasting app! :star: I found it in the Apple AppStore and it is completely free AND Adfree! You can set a timer for the fasting / eating window of your choice and you can log how you felt when you completed it and look back at those entries. It looks really slick and it is super easy to use. For those who don’t want to constantly look at the clock when to eat (I had this issue and it caused so much psychological havoc) it works great!
  • volgirl1322
    That is an awesome app :).
    I am glad you are doing better---don't worry about the binge, the beauty with OMAD is you just get right back to it :)
  • LiLee2018
    Definitely don't beat yourself up about the binging. Move on from it, learn from it, and keep going strong :)
    That's what always got me before. That all or nothing attitude. Oh.. I already messed up once, might as well do it again.. and again.
    Anywho... you're good! Those days are going to happen sometimes. Just keep going though! :)

TY for sharing the link too! I need to start!
  • mistymeadows2005
    OMG yes don't worry about a day you went over cals! I mean if it made you feel like crap, and you didn't like it, then yeah avoid it, but I regularly OMAD up to 3k cals - I don't LOSE when I do that, but since I'm in maintenance I'm generally in the 2500-3k range Fri-Sun.

I do think that most of the side effects are just going from a reg eating schedule to OMAD with no transition IF time - nothing wrong with that at all, but bodies are funny and will fight huge changes. Hopefully the acne clears up! If you are having constipation issues try some psyllium husk fiber - helps tremendously and is super cheap and natural.

The bloating feeling probably came from salt and sugar - I get the same thing Mondays, and it takes a day or two to "come off" but it's fake news LOL - just holding water and glycogen. I don't have crazy sugar cravings, but I'd imagine it takes a few days to get that outta your system (it takes me like 48 hours to get fully rid of that darn glycogen if I'm fasting).

Keep it up, you're doing great :)
  • jadepearl
    You know what I like about OMAD...its a lifestyle. If I over eat one day, I can always get back up onto the OMAD wagon tomorrow. :) After doing OMAD for more than 1 year, I can now say that it has become part of me. :) Of course I still have some more weight to loose but I don't struggle about this only one meal a day thingy any more :) You are doing awesome, girl! :) Keep up the good work! :)