Living the Lifestyle, Thursday 09/12/2019

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,277 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.p0

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for September are below:

Monday - imastar2 (Derrick)
Tuesday - 88olds (George)
Wednesday - gavinflynn1 (Gavin)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - Jimb376mfp (Jim)

Today’s Topic: Simplicity versus Elaborateness

When eating meals, some people like pure simplicity. Meat, starch, vegetable. Plain is fine. Or, maybe, a simple sandwich. Or, a bowl of soup. Eat at the table or on the couch in front of the TV. Maybe grab something at McDonald's so you don't have to cook.

Others like their meals to be a bit more elaborate. Nice place setting. Specifically prepared dishes, like on the food shows. Always at the table. Maybe some wine. Maybe some dessert.

Some folks mix it up, somehow incorporating simplicity into their elaborateness.

How about you? Do you have a preference? Does that preference bear out in your everyday life?

Replies

• gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Plain Jane here. I don't eat on the couch in front of the TV like my DH does but I can't judge him since I usually am reading stuff on my laptop or iPad while eating.

Yes, this preference also plays out in my wardrobe. I could easily live in my workout clothes each day. My current profession, exercise physiologist working in an academic setting, allows me to live in my running shoes! I'm currently dressed for exercise as I had to teach a couple of group exercise classes here this morning and then have an undergrad Exercise Science lab this afternoon along with finishing the setup for tomorrow's ECG screenings.

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,483 Member
    Options
    Very basic. Oatmeal and protein for breakfast. Lunch is protein and veggies, sometimes a slice or 2 of bread. Dinner is protein and veggies. Fruit and/or protein bar for snacks. Top it off with a bit of ice cream in the P.M.

• Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,701 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Oatmeal and blueberries or banana
    Lunch: Sandwich and egg for protein and 3 fruits
    Dinner: 1 protein 1 type of carb 1 vegetable
    Sometime eat in front of theTv. but usullly watch from the table.