Like Minded Lushes - Summer 2019

Replies

• gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Gary, thank you! Have a great time at the beach!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Awww....Gwen - your pictures are awesome! I'm so glad you had a good time-your son looks so handsome and your DIL is beautiful :) Love the dress!! (yours and the bride!)
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Gwen, what fantastic pics!! Everyone looks great but that color on you is fabulous!!

Enjoy the beach, Gary!

Dentist appointments for us both today (can you tell our insurance is running out with all these Dr visits we're getting in?) No plans for the holiday weekend other than grilling out. I actually had forgot the holiday was this weekend so I guess that's a sign this new retirement is going well :D
  • gwenm4
    Syd, thank you! I am just happy I fit in the dress. Remember, it was the same one I wore to our oldest son's wedding 10 years ago.. so.. there's that. Feels like a win. But thank you for the comment. I do love the color!

Hope you all have an awesome holiday weekend. We're keeping it low key.. but there will be wine. And maybe bourbon. I'm still celebrating.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Great comments! Enjoy your weekend all!
    I got a "smart phone" two days ago. If I can figure out how to use it to keep in touch with myfitness pals friends, I can keep in touch while we are on vacation!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Yay Gary! The MFP app can be glitchy but it's pretty easy. (Using it now to type this)

Happy long weekend lushes :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    My first post using my phone! Have a great weekend!
  • SoCalWoman
    Hot and unusually humid here. I don't mind the heat...but kudos to you peeps who deal with that humidity crap. It's yucky.

Because of the weather I've been sort of a blob. Cool down this weekend so hope to get out and move more. Hope everyone else is doing well. Still holding onto those extra couple of pounds but at least I haven't gained any more. :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Syd- its been cloudy and humid here as well. Our temps have been in the high 70s and as long as I don't move around much, its ok.

Three of my HS buddies and I will be headed to Mt Adams tomorrow for our 21st trip. We are all 63 now, so don't do as much hiking as we did in our forties. Remarkably, in all the years, not one of us has missed the trip.

When I get back, Darla and I and another couple will be heading out for two weeks to Idaho where we will continue our ride of the Trail of the Couer d Alene, a rails to trails riding trail.

I have a fancy new smart phone so I plan on keeping up with you all!
  • SoCalWoman
    Last baseball game of the season here tonight. It's the husband's Cubs against our poor Padres, but it should be a fun time at the ballpark. Food and drink will be had but we walk a ton when we go, so that should help offset things.
    Have a great week, lushes!
  • ryzeman
    Cubs! Cubs!⚾️
  • ryzeman
    The biking vacation has been great. Done 37 miles or so. Weather good, but some rain forecast by the middle of the week. Not moderating so much but the exercise has help with the calorie intake. More triking today. Have a great day lushes!
  • amcanzo
    Got back from our Anniversary trip - 6 days in Florida. 2 days in Key West, 2 days in Key Largo and 2 days in Ft. Lauderdale. It is unbelievably hot in FL, humid too! Can't quite figure out how people can live there!! It was a great trip with tons of walking but tons of alcohol too, gained 1.5 pounds but it's pretty much already come back off so continuing on with the plan now... :)
    Gary - the biking vacay sounds phenomenal! Enjoy!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Gary, great job on the biking! My vacations need to have more healthy activities like that. Any pics? Now that you have your phone you can upload here ;)

Ann, your anniversary trip sounds fun. Key West looks like my kinda vibe...minus the humidity! Remind me when I'm complaining about 110 degrees in the summer desert heat, that it's at least dry.

Speaking of, leaving Friday for a week there. Got a realtor to check out some homes and hopefully zero in on some specific neighborhoods. The son and cousin and her husband also joining us for part of the trip so it should be fun.

I've lost those 2 pounds I was hanging onto so they'll probably make another appearance after the trip. Plenty of food and drinks will be had. :drinker:
  • gwenm4
    Hi all! Sounds like everyone is having loads of fun AND losing a few pounds. I haven't been on the scale since the wedding and have really not been tracking anything. I have been kind of "curious" lately about these new non-alcoholic cocktail mixers they have out there. Anyone tried them? I'm looking at these https://curiouselixirs.com/
  • SoCalWoman
    Gwen, I'll give them props for their slogan "shaken, not slurred" :D

I'm a boring club soda with lemon and lime (maybe a splash of pomegranate or cranberry) girl. It satisfies my cocktail feeling. Probably because it's my vodka drink of choice. Oh also, I always ask for (or use) extra ice and continuously add it. It's a way to stretch a drink while also keeping hydrated. Just a couple "tricks" I use which have helped.

Laundry and packing today. I'll check in next week from Palm Desert. Have a great weekend everyone! :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Well, I know it's been a long time I have been MIA but I have remained lushy, hope you'll have me back!
    We were in Denver but live in San Francisco the last three years. We just went to Yosemite this last weekend.
    I am trying to limit drinking to 3 nights per week and going to get better about logging everything.
    I have some musical events this week-Social Distortion at the Greek Theater in Berkeley Thursday and Rob Thomas at the Safeway Open in Napa Saturday. Nothing like $12 beers to help me pace myself...
  • SoCalWoman
    Hi Amy, I've missed you! Nothing like going from Colorado to San Francisco. :drinker: And I'm *very* jealous about your Rob Thomas concert. I couldn't talk the husband into that one. We're kinda quiet in here but have a few that check in and out. I think we all are looking to log more and all try to do better, so jump on in.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Thanks! I will let you know how it goes-Rob Thomas and the drinking and logging!
  • amcanzo
    Welcome back Amy! Enjoy your concerts, sounds fun!
    My drinking has been fairly consistent, in the middle of a huge kitchen project so after each step is complete- a drink seems to be the reward.... :# better finish soon! :)