Date: Thursday, September 26th

Exercise Tracked In MFP: Yes, 2.28 miles on the Treadmill
    Calories and Water Tracked In MFP: Yes
    Within Daily Calorie Range of 1300 to 1440: Yes, 1440

Extra:
    Daily Water Goal of 7 Water-Bottles: 2
    Pass Day Count: 3
    Progress of Weekly 2-pound goal: 2.0

Keep moving forward and keep making progress….I gotta keep on keeping on : )

• Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,711 Member
    Options
    @KCJen wow ! your killing it! congrats
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,990 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

@Dory_42 I hope all goes well. I suffered from a frozen shoulder two years ago and then broke the other one falling on the ice a year ago. As recommended, I continue to do physical therapy on both to keep them from 'freezing' up again. I had never heard of a frozen shoulder until it happened.

How long did it take to get back to normal? I have read anything from 6 months to over 2 years...

To be honest, I am not clear. My recovery was probably in the six month to year range. There was an overlap of when I was doing at home physical therapy on my right shoulder and when I broke my left shoulder. I remember there still being limitations in certain movements like how close I could get my arm to my head when I lifted my arm in the air next to my head. Then I broke the left shoulder and I couldn't think about the right anymore. The (new) therapist for the broken shoulder kept warning me that I might get a frozen shoulder on the left side next after it heals because of the injury and because I had already had a frozen shoulder on the other side. At some point when I was dealing with the left shoulder, I started to realize how fluid my right shoulder was feeling. I am not exactly sure when this happened. Even now I am in awe of how well the right shoulder moves. I will say, that I found the therapy quite painful at times. My therapist had to convince me that she was not trying to break my arm. :)
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options

@Dory_42 I hope all goes well. I suffered from a frozen shoulder two years ago and then broke the other one falling on the ice a year ago. As recommended, I continue to do physical therapy on both to keep them from 'freezing' up again. I had never heard of a frozen shoulder until it happened.

How long did it take to get back to normal? I have read anything from 6 months to over 2 years...

To be honest, I am not clear. My recovery was probably in the six month to year range. There was an overlap of when I was doing at home physical therapy on my right shoulder and when I broke my left shoulder. I remember there still being limitations in certain movements like how close I could get my arm to my head when I lifted my arm in the air next to my head. Then I broke the left shoulder and I couldn't think about the right anymore. The (new) therapist for the broken shoulder kept warning me that I might get a frozen shoulder on the left side next after it heals because of the injury and because I had already had a frozen shoulder on the other side. At some point when I was dealing with the left shoulder, I started to realize how fluid my right shoulder was feeling. I am not exactly sure when this happened. Even now I am in awe of how well the right shoulder moves. I will say, that I found the therapy quite painful at times. My therapist had to convince me that she was not trying to break my arm. :)

Thank you. Yes, I'm aware it can it quite painful. Hopefully because we started treatment in the early stage, that will help with the recovery, but as I am unable to use any anti inflammatory meds, that may hinder progress.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Hollis100 "Walking all over the place" certainly qualifies as exercise over 20 minutes!!!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 I'm so sorry that you are getting hit with a series of bad news and losses!!
    We are all here to walk along with you, but even better that you have deep loving family there with you.
    Love, Rick
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,990 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Thank you. Yes, I'm aware it can it quite painful. Hopefully because we started treatment in the early stage, that will help with the recovery, but as I am unable to use any anti inflammatory meds, that may hinder progress.

If it helps, I never used any anti inflammatory meds. I was just very diligent with doing my at home therapy between physical therapy sessions. And as I mentioned, the joint is working well. If you are starting early in the process, that sounds very positive.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options

If it helps, I never used any anti inflammatory meds. I was just very diligent with doing my at home therapy between physical therapy sessions. And as I mentioned, the joint is working well. If you are starting early in the process, that sounds very positive.

Thank you. That is very encouraging.
  • dvmmcw8020
    dvmmcw8020 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Insanity Max 30
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No
  • kdv12
    kdv12 Posts: 1,697 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes Morning walk & stretching
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,136 Member
    Options
    Sept 26
    Ex: 4min (old 20 year ankle injury is acting up)
    Calories under! 103
    Tracked all

9pass Days
    8 exercise
    1-not sure of calories