Whats your current motivation for losing weight?

Options

Replies

• waveringparagon
    waveringparagon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My current goal is to be fit and not fat fit. I have allowed myself to gain 25# of weight that is doing nothing for my overall health.
  • laceew93
    laceew93 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I get asked if I am pregnant; yet, I have never been.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Ow, I've been there too laceew93! That's a big no-no, people should be more sensitive but the reality is unfortunately different.
  • ku140
    ku140 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    laceew93 wrote: »

I was chatting with a co-worker, and I mentioned I was extra hungry. He said "eating for 2?". Now, we do have a pretty joking relationship, and I know another co-worker he sits next to is pregnant so it was just at the forefront of his mind....but STILL! Jeez dude. Also kinda hurt cuz we ARE trying but no luck yet
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    ku140 wrote: »
    laceew93 wrote: »

I was chatting with a co-worker, and I mentioned I was extra hungry. He said "eating for 2?". Now, we do have a pretty joking relationship, and I know another co-worker he sits next to is pregnant so it was just at the forefront of his mind....but STILL! Jeez dude. Also kinda hurt cuz we ARE trying but no luck yet

Awe..... guys can be so insensitive!!! I'm sorry.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    There hasn't been a 'rash' of pregnancies in your workplace, has there? We had that at the bank once - 3 of the staff ended up in various stages of preggers at the same time. One of the gals had identical natural triplets (NOT IVF) - quite rare - one in 50 million. https://saobserver.net/news/identical-triplets-celebrate-first-birthday/
    Everyone started looking closely at everyone else's profiles, you didn't want to have a bloated day. It was the running joke between customers and staff that we really ran a sperm bank, lol.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    An elderdly neighbour once congratulated me with my pregnancy. I wasn't and told her so. She was truly ashamed.
    Some time later I saw her again and she said with a big smile "But this time, you cannot hide it !", and she congratulated me again.
    After that, she tried to avoid meeting me for a few months :wink:
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I got back on track because I didn’t like how bloated my stomach felt or how my clothes were fitting. Someone posted a group photo online recently, and my face was so puffy that I sincerely looked like I had gained 20lbs even though it was really only 5ish. My face quit looking puffy and my stomach felt so much less bloated after just the first week of eating better!

My motivation to keep going is to get back into certain clothes and be fitter. I have a goal of looking amazing before we see our family at Christmas. My family will just be happy for me, but my husband’s family would have gossiped if I weighed more than the last time they saw me.
  • NorcoRyder
    NorcoRyder Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I’m in my healthy weight range, but I want to shave off a few pounds so that climbing hills on my bicycle is easier. I also want to drop myself closer down to the bottom of the heavyweight category in rowing. I’m 5’10”, and I’ll never qualify as a lightweight in rowing.
  • lcluth
    lcluth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with the "spite" folks! And...I know I can do better.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm with NorcoRyder, I'm in my healthy weight range, BMI is in the normal range, but I'm only 5 pounds into my healthy weight range, and I'd like to be sitting right smack dab in the middle! After all, ya can't be overweight if you want to live forever! ;)
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ellie117 wrote: »
    I feel I do best with an end-date in mind. If not, I tend to fall off with tracking calories and going to the gym less. Having a goal date is a great motivator.

I agree, I also need a goal date to stay motivated. Maybe Thanksgiving so I can overindulge a little without too much guilt.

My motivation is to get rid of the muffin top when wearing jeans, I'm tired of wearing flowy tops to hide it! ha!
  • bhop2982
    bhop2982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ellie117 wrote: »
    My motivation is to get rid of the muffin top when wearing jeans, I'm tired of wearing flowy tops to hide it! ha!

High-rise jeans are my go to ;)

My motivation is that I'd really like to be able to do a chin-up. I am damn close, and I'm pretty sure if I shed those last sticky 10lbs, it'll be a lot easier!
  • bhop2982
    bhop2982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Hmm, that last comment formatted funny - let me try again!

High-rise jeans are my go to ;)

My motivation is that I'd really like to be able to do a chin-up. I am damn close, and I'm pretty sure if I shed those last sticky 10lbs, it'll be a lot easier!