forgiving myself for having thought I was worthless

i used to think that because i was overweight i was worthless and people could treat me bad and I internalised this and after decades of dieting and therapy I was to say to I want to apologise to myself/

Replies

• ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Omg. That is incredie! ❤️And it is so hard for many people to do. First of all, just realizing that you need to do this, and that you can do this, is an enormous step.

Do you find the process of forgiveness difficult?

In my own journey I have found that it's a roller coaster of highs and lows.
  • Asweet66
    Asweet66 Posts: 7 Member
    I have lost weight in the past. this time I was making some comments about not feeling good about my self My coach told me that I am worth getting healthy for and if I did not believe in myself no one else would .I guess i needed to hear what he said at that time because I have been able to change my life style and I have know lost 75 pounds.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Hearing that "no one else will believe in you," sounds disheartening. It's tough love. I've found the statement to be true. So, do we all go about believing in ourselves?

I believe in myself. I've used a lot of tools along the journey. One easy one is affirmations, which I speak aloud to myself nearly every day.

What do others do to build themselves up?