TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (October)

Options

Replies

• Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Yup just over the 6 mile mark so that was great!

@lozenger1984 11000 by half way through the day is brilliant! Taking some of that for inspiration and motivation here.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'll be back in November. Life is so busy with elder care, etc. Good luck this month team and be back soon.

We will miss you. Remember to come back!
  • swauters
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    10/4/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 8,467
    Water: 97.8

10/5/19
    Steps: 8,998
    Water: 56

Yesterday, my boyfriend and I went apple picking. The orchard is about a five minute drive from our house, and I have never been! It was the perfect fall day for it! We ended up walking around for at least an hour, and I tried a couple types of apples I had never had before. It was a neat experience! I ended up picking some zucchini as well, and am planning on making some breads today!

0tliwrrxi9h4.jpg

Oh wow! That sounds like such a nice thing to do and your weather looks great.

I’m back in the game mentally and have just come back in from a really long dog walk with my husband and little one in the pram. Felt like I really needed to do it to reset and feeling star benefit heading into Monday 😊

j3bhxu0j1lw6.png

Wow. That is a long walk
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    10/4/19

Yesterday, my boyfriend and I went apple picking. The orchard is about a five minute drive from our house, and I have never been! It was the perfect fall day for it! We ended up walking around for at least an hour, and I tried a couple types of apples I had never had before. It was a neat experience! I ended up picking some zucchini as well, and am planning on making some breads today!
    g]

This sounds like a great day!
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    17000 steps yesterday which included a beautiful park run (5k) along Chrissy Fields. Beautiful and great weather.

Food not so good. I had a really good ice cream and lasagne. So tricky to enter this into mfp when eating out so guesstimating a lot at the moment which feels uncomfortable.
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    10/5 Saturday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise: yes 5km parkrun

Other challenges:
    Steps:10108

Water: oz.78

Food:
    Red: tomato,
    Blue: blue Berries
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    10/6 Saturday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... no - just water
    Under... ??
    Exercise: only cleaning the house

Other challenges:
    Steps: n/a
    Water: 88 oz

Food: challenge done!
    Day 1 9/30 green peppers, red peppers, white onions
    Day 2 10/2 green spinach, white coconut, red tomato
    Day 3 10/4 green spinach, red tomato yellow banana
    Day 4 10/5 orange carrots , brown rice

hit: green, red white, yellow, orange and brown

Exercise: my stuff and totally missed the boat on this challenge for this week.
    Video: here is one of my favorite videos to get a quick walk in - just didn't get it done this week - but am gonna log the video.
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Link: https://youtu.be/X3q5e1pV4pc
  • sandkp
    Options
    Okay team - TODAY is last day for the challenges for the food/exercise so if you have a rainbow congrats to you - if you met your four days of colorful eating congrats to you --- if you tried then hopefully it opened your diet to new ideas. If you got a video in - or two days of video- congrats to you. IF YOU DID DO THE VIDEO PLEASE TRY TO GET IT ON THE SPREADSHEET SO WE HAVE A LOG OF WORKOUT VIDEOS TO REFER BACK TO FOR LATER CHALLENGES.

Food challenge - hope all got some new/ different foods in this week in our rainbow challenge.
    Exercise challenge: Since we really don't have a lot of videos logged into the spreadsheet, I can't move on with next video choice I was going to do. So switching that up for a later date also (come back to videos another week!)

For the Upcoming week: Monday 10/7 - Sunday 10/13

FOOD CHALLENGE: Find and try one new recipe this week. Post recipe and your review. (low-cal; low-fat; keto or other lifestyle that you are following)

EXERCISE CHALLENGE: let's try to share a strength training workout. There are many simple workouts - arms, legs core. Lots are single sheets... find one you like and give it a try. If it is a simple pic to follow - post it. If it is a video - post that link. If it is just one you do at the gym - list it. Just trying to get ideas for all to try something new. It can be modified to fit you.

An example of some are:

8jcoic5xs80o.jpg

1n8ddoojbci9.jpg

• pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    10/4/19

10/5/19

@cmhubbard92 Sounds like a wonderful time and got some good food as a result.

@pkg1998 it definitely was! I just made a apple snickerdoodle bread, and am super excited to see how it comes out! If that comes out well, I will be trying a zucchini bread, as well!

@cmhubbard92 Apple snickerdoodle bread sounds delicious. You’ll have to let us know how it tastes and share the recipe (but only if it’s good :D )
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    10/4/19

10/5/19

@cmhubbard92 Sounds like a wonderful time and got some good food as a result.

@pkg1998 it definitely was! I just made a apple snickerdoodle bread, and am super excited to see how it comes out! If that comes out well, I will be trying a zucchini bread, as well!

@cmhubbard92 Apple snickerdoodle bread sounds delicious. You’ll have to let us know how it tastes and share the recipe (but only if it’s good :D )

@pkg1998 it was really great! Not too sweet, and I used gingergold instead of granny smith, with equally great results. Also used bottled cinnamon sugar instead of making it.

Ingredients:
    1/2 tsp kosher salt
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 cup butter, room temperature
    1 cup light brown sugar
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
    2 eggs
    1 Tbsp vanilla
    1/2 cup milk
    1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled and finely chopped

CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING
    2 Tbsp granulated sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°

Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with baking spray. Line bottoms and up the ends with a strip of parchment paper (for easy removal) and spray again. Set aside.

Whisk together salt, baking powder and flour. Set aside.

In bowl of stand mixer beat butter, both sugars and cinnamon for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping sides as necessary. Add in both eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, again scraping sides as necessary.

Turn mixer to low and add in flour mixture and milk in alternating additions, starting and ending with flour. Mix until just combined.

Finally add in apples and stir until just combined and pour batter into prepared pan.

Mix together the sugar and cinnamon for topping and sprinkle on top of batter.

Bake for 50-55 minutes until bread is set and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Serve warm or at room temperature.

Notes:

Store airtight for up to 3 days

Nutrition info
    Calories: 268
    Total fat: 10.4g
    Cholesterol: 61.8mg
    Sodium: 142.4mg
    Total Carbohydrate: 40.3g
    Sugar: 24.3g
    Protein: 3.8g

https://cookiesandcups.com/snickerdoodle-apple-bread/
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Oct 4&5
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Step: 9648. & 6363
    Water:88oz
    30 min yoga
    15 min meditation
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sunday 10/6
    Weight in:
    LW: 125.6 ??
    CW:124.0
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sunday 10/6 mini challenge:
    Tracked:yes
    Under:yes, that’s a first 😂
    Exercised: yes walking
    Water: a bit low today only 6 glasses
    Steps:16446
    Food: banana and red grapes as well as peppers
    Exercise video: didn’t do my second one of the week .

So I think I am going to just stay with the water and steps goals for the month and opt out of the exercise and colorful fruit and vegetable tracking with the other challenge, if I have the info correct that is with regard to each challenge 🙂
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    no/no/no for minichallenge. After watching calories closely and losing 12# over the past 6 weeks I decided to let myself enjoy eating tonight at our monthly card party. I now have a stomach ache and left early feeling sluggish. I will get back on track tomorrow.
    I did get in 10,536 steps in during stressful day at work prior to the card party. I'll try a new recipe this week as suggested and try some of the suggested workouts.
  • swauters
    Options
    Mini challenge
    Sunday 10/6
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes

Steps 16756
    Water 52 oz- not great but will take it
  • swauters
    Options
    This week I am changing my goals up a bit. They are less food and exercise related and more internal related.
    This week's goals:
    1- take fiber every day
    2- take my lisinopril (blood pressure) every day. I am very bad at this.
  • sandkp
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    Sunday 10/6 mini challenge:
    Tracked:yes
    Under:yes, that’s a first 😂
    Exercised: yes walking
    Water: a bit low today only 6 glasses
    Steps:16446
    Food: banana and red grapes as well as peppers
    Exercise video: didn’t do my second one of the week .

So I think I am going to just stay with the water and steps goals for the month and opt out of the exercise and colorful fruit and vegetable tracking with the other challenge, if I have the info correct that is with regard to each challenge 🙂

@Lmk02020. The water and step challenge will pretty much stay the same week to week.. with water going up weekly until we reach the final weekly goal amount.

The exercise and food challenge will change every week so feel free to jump in for those for any week they sound exciting to you. They also are not "tracked" the same way the other two are.. more for something different and new to mix it up a little each week.

We only asked for the videos links for spreadsheet so we could get a reference sheet going for all to enjoy and share in one easy place.

I posted the food/exercise challenges for next week earlier today. One is trying and sharing a new recipe and exercise is completing and sharing a workout (posted a couple examples but it can be really any strength type.. for home or gym)

Hope that helps a bit.

• sandkp
    Options
    10/6 Sunday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise:  yes

Other challenges:
    Steps: n/a
    Water:  86 oz.

Completed what I could of last weeks food exercise challenges.. food done, video listed but not actually complete.. so kind of tried.. they are not listed here tonight because I cleared my sheet and prepped it for next weeks challenges before realizing I didnt post this one yet!

Really feeling under the weather tonight. Wanting to go to bed but waiting for my teen to finish some big project he has been working on. Just hope I am not getting sick.. but this tummy isnt right at all.
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: October Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 236.5
    Current Weight: 236.1

A loss is a loss right???
    One more week before I can get back to normal :)
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    10/6 Sunday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...yes
    Under... No. Feels like I did my best to stuff 1 week's worth of calories into my mouth in 1 day
    Exercise: yes ±40 minutes of jog.

Other challenges:
    Steps:11258

Water: oz.60
This discussion has been closed.