Weigh in!

Options
Hi everyone,
I thought I'd start a separate discussion link for weigh ins. Hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here:)

My weight this morning: 177.7 lbs

Ultimate goal: 165 (getting married in one month, so I'll be happy to be down below 170 before the big day!) Crazy to think I weighed 215 when I graduated college 9 years ago. I was a stressed out and bulky division one athlete then. Probably had more muscle, but definitely insulated that muscle very well with the help of ice cream and other horrible college-life food. I feel like I'm healthier and happier now even though I'm not competing and training all the time. Hope to keep this process going!

Sending good vibes, willpower, and self-love to all-Best of luck!

Replies

• CdnLee
    CdnLee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Evening! My weight is currently 175lbs. I am following the ketogenic diet plan, and for the very first time in my 52 yrs of life... I am not hungry! It is such a relief to finally not have to constantly think about food. I work in Accounting, so am at my desk 24/7. I would ultimately like to reach my past jogging weight of 135lbs, or less. I would certainly be happy losing 8-10 lbs by Christmas... or a whole lot more!

Good Luck to everyone!
  • avielosesit
    avielosesit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    CdnLee - I work in accounting too! I'm st my desk a lot but any meeting that doesn't need a laptop is a walking meeting. My team loves it!

My weight this am was 178.4. I was 168 before getting pregnant (2 yrs ago) and I am soooo excited to get back there.
  • sisisisepuede
    sisisisepuede Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    CdnLee wrote: »
    Good Evening! My weight is currently 175lbs. I am following the ketogenic diet plan, and for the very first time in my 52 yrs of life... I am not hungry! It is such a relief to finally not have to constantly think about food. I work in Accounting, so am at my desk 24/7. I would ultimately like to reach my past jogging weight of 135lbs, or less. I would certainly be happy losing 8-10 lbs by Christmas... or a whole lot more!

Good Luck to everyone!

Hey CdnLee- I'm doing keto too! I love that I actually have to try to get enough protein and fat in my diet instead of feeling like I'm limiting everything. I've lost about 5.5 pounds in the past 8 days and can just feel that I'm leaner but not losing muscle. I've also started to incorporate longer periods of fasting to keep the momentum going... I'm still not hungry! (??!)
    This is a really nice website about keto and more that is pretty scientifically based and helpful if you want to check it out. http://burnfatnotsugar.com/index.html

Avielosesit- looks like we're trying to get to a similar weight! I'll be keeping an eye on you as we both try to break the 170 barrier :):)
  • CdnLee
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am looking forward to this... lets do it! :) Thank you for your link! I follow a great group on facebook - if interested... it's very supportive! It's called - Ketogenic Diet Open Discussion.
  • 00000eli
    00000eli Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm at a very different place healthwise, but I need to start somewhere. I'm 341lbs., down from 367lbs. Eventually in about 2 years I want to be below 150lbs.
  • CdnLee
    Options
    Hi Crinkle99... welcome. Are you also following the ketogenic diet? It seems to be working wonders for many people.
  • 00000eli
    00000eli Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No because I have insulin dependent diabetes. Ketones are not healthy for me. I do count grams of carb and try to stay under 150 grams per day per a dietician.

• almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Oui allo. I am currently 162 lbs, so should I succeed at this challenge, that would put me at 154 for Christmas. Deck the halls. I was about 158 when I returned to work after kid #2 (April 2018), and I am trying to lose my back-to-work weight, and then slog my way to a before-2-kids-weight.

I've been trying to incorporate more plant-based proteins, so if I come across any recipes I will share with you all if that is of interest. For example, I tried out these Whole Wheat Almond Pancakes to try to throw some protein in my small people, and they're pretty good. Texture is egg-yer than traditional pancakes because of an extra egg, but no complaints around my house.

n.b. almond flour is expensive af