Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome to the November 2019 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• alice_climbs_rocks
    alice_climbs_rocks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the UAC and I'm excited to join the group. My name is Alice, my hobby and main source of exercise is rock climbing and riding my bike all over the place. I'm currently going for a master's degree in sustainable agriculture.

I have a question. My training routine includes mandatory full rest day every week. How do I count that as *not* a pass day? Anyone else in the same boat?
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the UAC and I'm excited to join the group. My name is Alice, my hobby and main source of exercise is rock climbing and riding my bike all over the place. I'm currently going for a master's degree in sustainable agriculture.

I have a question. My training routine includes mandatory full rest day every week. How do I count that as *not* a pass day? Anyone else in the same boat?

My workout program as active recovery days where I do yoga & stretching instead of my strength training and cardio. I was going to count that as my 20 minutes of exercise on those days.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options

Hi @alice_climbs_rocks I understand exercise doesn't have to be intense (like rock climbing or running), but could be cleaning your house, walking at work or to class, etc.; in other words, some movement. Here's a statement from the challenge FAQs:

EXERCISE EVERY DAY FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES.
    Be active every day for the entire month. Even if it's just cleaning your house for 20 minutes, be active. Skip a cumulative 3 days of not meeting the activity, or calorie, or tracking or logging in requirements, and you are out of the winner's circle. If you are still committed to accountability...stay in the challenge.

• alice_climbs_rocks
    alice_climbs_rocks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi @Hollis100 , thanks for clarifying! Can't wait to start !