WAIST AWAYS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited October 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO WAIST AWAYS TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the NOVEMBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the NOVEMBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (GROUP OWNER)
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @teresaW1020
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways - @micki48 and @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - open

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for NOVEMBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,062 Member
    Options
    Hello November!
    Returning and new members, come on in and introduce yourselves. Tell us whatever you'd like teammates to know, and make a short list of goals for the month. Where do you want to be by November 30th? Then we'll work on how to get there with daily commitments and see how many of us make our goals. Let's hit the ground running!

Of course, a lot of what happens on this challenge is helping each other when things go awry, so don't disappear when the going gets tough, ok? A good rant, getting upset when you don't do what you wish you had - all are welcome, and your teammates will usually chime in with some interesting and useful ideas, and plenty of "yep, we've all gone through those times" support. And be the one supporting when you are doing well - every bit helps.

I'm one of the co-captains of the team, and also one of the challenge moderators. Any questions, confusion, or requests just post them here or send me a message on MFP if you want it to be one-on-one (we have to be mfp "friends" for this to work!). You can change your weigh-in day, get a weigh-in excused or delayed if you need to, go onto the "support team" (aka cheer squad) if you need a longer break.

I strongly encourage you to post your daily commitment (water, exercise, logging, gratitude, anything that helps you stay on track), and then let us know how each day went. You're on this team for a reason - be sure to take advantage of it by participating every day! It only takes a few minutes. You're worth it.

If you have a great idea for a challenge please post it. We challenge each other within the team, and there are weekly challenges for the whole F2F to join in together. Our team is responsible for WEEK 2 this month. So ideas are welcome!

But first, introduce yourself - even if you are a returning member, put a new intro here for a fresh November memory jog. Me? I'm a retired music professor, but not completely retired musician. I live in the woods of Québec, about 140 km (85 miles) east of Montréal. After a few years in the upper administration of the university, I had packed on the pounds, and finally lost 40 and have been maintaining a good zone for 7 years now. I'm really small, so that 40 pounds made a large difference! I find this team and community make it possible to stick to my commitments and stay where I want to be. I had started re-gaining and getting sloppy about good eating and exercise, but since I have been part of this challenge, I lost what I needed to and have been able to enjoy staying there. I still need the team to keep working on strength and fitness, and I love seeing others make this transformation. I hope everyone enjoys the powerful feeling! It is a long, hard journey, with many ups and downs. Hang in there! If I can feel this great at almost 66, you can too :smiley:
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    Live with my little dog Tater and dh, kids are all grown and gone, in Southern Calif. My job is mostly sedentary, my left hip is edging toward a replacement, had the rt last year, so have cut back a lot on physical activity. I tend to be an emotional/ habitual? eater and the weight needs to be overcome. It negatively impacts my life and health too much. I want to feel great again (lost about 65 lbs 15 years ago and the energy was so wonderful).
  • jugar
    edited November 2019
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    HERE YOU GO:
    For November, let's try TWO things.
    1. Get the Step Team going again. Those who enjoy getting their steps in, count them every day and compete for the TIARA OF AWESOMENESS. @micki48 will be keeping tallies and telling you how FABULOUS you are. Who wants in? Be sure to post here if you want to be part of the team!!
    2. The first week of November. Who wants to try 5 days of Pilates for a good cause? I am doing the Pilates with a Purpose in support of Girls on the Run. Who wants to join in? You can join for free or contribute to add more to this great cause. Check it out at https://thebalancedlifeonline.com/pilates-with-a-purpose/ This runs from November 4-8 and is a great way to kick off the month. Let's do it! Robin's Pilates videos are totally doable no matter what your level.

It is time to really get going! November starts tomorrow, but our November F2F challenge doesn't start until Sunday. Built in room for a bit of procrastination! YES! See you there :heart:

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I should introduce myself. My real name is Amber, you don't have to remember that. I joined MFP in March 2019 at a miserable 272 pounds, and with everyone's help and support and the vast wealth of knowledge available here, I've dropped to a much less miserable 214. I spend probably too much time now hanging out here, trying to pay back support to others, and being generally kind of weird.

November is gonna be TOUGH. I am joining NaNoWriMo again this year (almost every year since 2006), and fighting through 1667 words per day does not make me inclined to cooking or gym visits. There's no time! I used to get through it with coke and pizza. And late nights, and cursing. So we'll see how this goes. I may end up eating more sandwiches and writing on treadmills, lol.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Michele and I’ll be keeping stats on our step team. Hope you’ll join us! Let me know if you’re interested. This is a tricky, busy, festive time of year, but if you check in regularly, leave a comment on how you’re doing, and share your steps, you will be that much closer to success. Every little thing you do will get you closer to where you want to be.

dybfmvd9nw5u.jpeg

I’ve been part of this team since February and have lost 22 pounds. The support and encouragement is amazing. I’ve learned so much about being healthy. I still have a ways to go, but I plan on doing it with your help. Slow and steady.

Oh, I live in NC with dh. Have two grown children and a sweet granddaughter I watch every day. Goals for November:

•Improve exercise habit (2 gym workouts, 2 Pilates workouts, 2 walks)
    •Lose 3-4 pounds
    •Stay motivated by checking in to Waistaways daily. (Pssst: That means I’ll need you to check in too.)
  • jugar
    edited November 2019
    Options
    For November, let's try THREE things.
    1. Get the Step Team going again. Those who enjoy getting their steps in, count them every day and compete for the TIARA OF AWESOMENESS. @micki48 will be keeping tallies and telling you how FABULOUS you are. Who wants in?
    2. The first week of November - who wants to try 5 days of Pilates for a good cause? I am doing the Pilates with a Purpose in support of Girls on the Run. Who wants to join in? You can join for free or contribute to add more to this great cause. Check it out at https://thebalancedlifeonline.com/pilates-with-a-purpose/
      This runs from Monday - Friday November 4-8 and is a great way to kick off the month. Let's do it! Robin's Pilates videos are totally doable no matter what your level.
    3. Really dive into the 5 for 90 challenge (click on it!). This began when there were 90 days left of 2019, now it is more like 5 for 60! There are 5 small things to do every day to get a jump on the changes we usually like to pin to the new year. Post there as often as you can - let's really show up on this challenge and see what effect it might have on your weight, health, and wellbeing.

See you there :heart:
  • micki48
    Options
    e5a1a874cq11.jpeg
    Ok Waistaways, I need to know who is going to be on our stepping team. Who wants to have accountability and a little challenge to get your steps up for the month November? Let’s see if we can accumulate enough steps together to “virtually” get to some place cool and beautiful. Who’s in??

1. Micki48 (Michele)

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Waistaways!

Looking forward to this November Challenge.
    I’m from NYC, I work in the arts 🎭...I’m a travelaholic. Guess I would be considered a foodie. But I’ve been working on being a fitty-foodie. ☺️
    I’m starting this challenge at 146lbs. My goal by November 30 (my birthday!) is to be 139. So I’ll be working towards a 7lb loss for the month.

I work out 3-4 times per week. I eat a lot of veggies, I cook a lot. I’m that kid that grew up with always having herring in the house and liver and hearts for breakfast. 👩🏼‍🍳 👍🏻 yep / Other kids got PB and J - I had liver cutlets in my lunch box lol
    Why am I telling you this weird stuff anyway? I dunno. Oh yeah and gizzards— my Gram could fry up some gizzards! 💗

I guess it helps to know my relationship to food.

When I initially got fat - I was just working a lot and eating whatever after work. Kinda mindless snacking on the run. I’m more mindful now.

I’ve lost over 50 lbs from my highest weight. My goal is to hit 130s ish. So I’m about 16 lbs away from being back to my svelte weight. I’m not sure which is harder - the beginning or the elusive end...these last lbs seem to take the most discipline for me.

So// I’m committed to being disciplined this month. Look forward to being on this journey and I’ll hit those goals every week. 😉

Some of my greatest MFP friends have done this challenge- so Thanks @SLIMn2016 ! I dragged @chipotlewantsmeback into this too hehe

Goal for week- Nov 3- Nov 10:
    Continue water 💦 intake
    3-4 workouts
    Eat nutrient dense foods
    Aim- 1.5/2lbs loss
    Support y’all..😊
  • jugar
    Options
    @Safari_Gal_ you crack me up! I was a kid with liver, gizzards, hearts, and all that fun stuff too - but now it's tons of veggies and rarely meat. The elusive end as you get there is slow, and hard. I lost the bulk of what I needed to lose a few years ago, but the last bit has only happened in the past few months, very very very slowly. It feels good, though and I'm finding that the goal is more about strength, balance, the way I can move.

So good that you know the ever awesome @SLIMn2016 . And glad you're on our team! Bring the energy <3
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello team waist aways!
    My name is Stephanie and I’m excited to stay with MFP and this group for the third month. I’m just getting back to being more focused on my fitness and these connections really help with motivation.

My weight has increased steadily through the last twenty years with more family and career responsibilities. In my twenties I ran marathons and enjoyed my body and fitness activities. I really loved that strength and confidence.

Recently I quit my stressful job and our family moved to Europe (Luxembourg). I’m not working here and have lots of time to focus on my health. I want to build better lifelong habits for myself and family.

I’m having slow progress in weight loss, I started in August at about about 176 lbs and have lost 7 pounds so far. I’m starting to see some results and working to stay consistent and engaged.

This month I want to log my food intake each day, try three new types of workouts and join a gym in my local area (I’ve been working out at home).

Please add me to the step group and the Pilates sessions.

Thanks again for all the encouragement and sharing of knowledge in these posts!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING koyhduznkj87.jpgTEAMS

THE TALLIES ARE IN
    HERE IS HOW OCTOBER WEEK 5 SHOOK OUT

ey9nfmgogeas.png
    0zanqcdoxobp.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 29.7 POUNDS OR 0.14%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % WaistAways 0.44%
    INDIVIDUAL % @kx7003 4.18%
    TEAM LBS LOST WaistAways 14.8
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @kx7003 5.5

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st WaistAways 0.44%
    2nd Weight No More 0.36%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.20%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st WaistAways 14.8
    2nd Weight No More 13.0
    3rd Workout Warriors 6.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE

1st @kx7003 4.18%
    2nd @reflectionofme 3.90%
    3rd @machchic 2.99%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @kx7003 5.5
    2nd @reflectionofme 5.2
    3rd @machchic 5.1

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Nstephenson01
    @matthewsfive
    @disturbed4ever13
    @raleighgirl09
    @GingerPwr
    @jedaschultz
    @Navydaddjtc
    @TheMrWobbly
    @Pamela_Sue
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GOOD MORNINGdaste1fkdx1y.jpgTEAMS
    THE GRAND FINALE TALLIES ARE IN
    HERE IS HOW OCTOBER GRAND FINALE SHOOK OUT

i8wloekpg1fe.png

bd5x9y57jaa3.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 1.17%
    tie for 1st! Weight No More 1.17%
    INDIVIDUAL % @KathynDes 7.05%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 45.4
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @amytriesww 14.6

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 168.2 POUNDS OR 0.79%!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 1.17%
    1st Weight No More 1.17%
    2nd WaistAways 0.94%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.92%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 45.4
    2nd Weight No More 42.6
    3rd WaistAways 31.7

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @KathynDes 7.05%
    2nd @kx7003 6.67%
    3rd @amytriesww 6.30%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @amytriesww 14.6
    2nd @KathynDes 11.7
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 10.1

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Luciicul
    @machchic
    @TheMrWobbly
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @matthewsfive
    @disturbed4ever13
    @raleighgirl09
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @kmfeig87
    [/center]
  • micki48
    Options
    Waistaways Step Challenge - Who’s in??? You don’t have to do 8k or 10k or 20k to join. The goal is to just increase your own stepping. Or maintain it if you are where you want to be. Join us.

1. Micki48 (Michele)
    2. Steph1498

And CONGRATULATIONS TEAM WAISTAWAYS!!!🎉👏🏼💪🏼🎊💥🏆🥇. First place this week and 2nd for the month for % and 3rd for pounds lost!!! Congratulations to all our winners, who are the best losers. @kx703, @matthewsfive , @Gidgitgoescrazy and everyone else on our team who stayed with it.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    First November weigh in: 212.2
    Down a bit, so that's good.

Team, we killed it last week and in all of October! We're going into November strong, let's keep it up. :)
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    d2dp1b6yg5y6.png

PLEASE WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM WAIST AWAYS
    @eyezbydiana
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THIS TEAMMATE SETTLED FOR THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE NOVEMBER SPREADSHEET
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hey @micki48 I’ll give the step challenge a try. I’ve never done it. Do we post daily or weekly? Hoping it helps me get through holidays!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Welcome @eyezbydiana!! Good luck to you!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    yyh7vytfj3dy.jpeg

It is that time of the year again! Time to “fall back”. Today we need to set our clocks back one hour (unless you live in Arizona, Hawaii or other regions where DST is not observed) Many times these time changes effect our sleeping routine. That is why for this week Team Weight No More is challenging everyone to get a better nights sleep! Studies from the US Centers for Disease Control show that over 1/3 of us regularly skimp on sleep. Although it may not seem like it is a big deal to not get proper rest, millions of sleep deprived people mean more dangerous roads, more costly health care and reduced productivity. Sleep deprivation impairs learning, decision making, emotions and adds stress. It also takes a physical toll. The risk of heart disease, Alzheimer disease, diabetes, cancer and obesity all climb with sleep deprivation. These are some of the most significant health concerns facing people today.

12bnzdbvs4vv.jpeg

One of the best way to improve your chances of getting a good night’s rest is by adopting healthy sleep hygiene habits. The chart below is from the National Sleep Foundation. This is a 7 day plan for incorporating some good habits into your routine.

6fu0qau2apot.jpeg

When you do your daily check in with your team this week. Discuss how the tip for the night before worked for you. Hopefully by the end of the week you are able to incorporate these 7 tips and change your sleeping habits for the better!

1zrijkc23zdm.jpeg
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Welcome @eyezbydiana!! Good luck to you!!

Thank you!!!! Can't wait Im so excited!
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Waistaways Step Challenge - Who’s in??? You don’t have to do 8k or 10k or 20k to join. The goal is to just increase your own stepping. Or maintain it if you are where you want to be. Join us.

1. Micki48 (Michele)
    2. Steph1498

And CONGRATULATIONS TEAM WAISTAWAYS!!!🎉👏🏼💪🏼🎊💥🏆🥇. First place this week and 2nd for the month for % and 3rd for pounds lost!!! Congratulations to all our winners, who are the best losers. @kx703, @matthewsfive , @Gidgitgoescrazy and everyone else on our team who stayed with it.

Id also love to join the step challenge. Do we post daily our steps?
This discussion has been closed.