Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps for 11/4: 10,866
    Also loving the Pilates class!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,111 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hey! Guess what? I did Pilates AND got to the gym. 😲 I did 33 minutes on the elliptical, about 15 minutes on weight machines, and 16 minutes of Pilates. That must be a record for me!😜 Next, I need to redo measurements. It’s been a while. I know there is a difference from a year ago because all my cool weather clothes are nice and loose. Yay! Yay! Yay!🎉💪🏼💥😎

You are a STAR! Of course that means you now have a rep to maintain :wink:
  • jugar
    Options
    My steps yesterday were pretty sad - 3982. Ended up stuck running around in the car instead of on my feet, and it took forever. Thank you traffic because of last Friday's flooding - repairs are in full swing all over the area. I think I'll stay home today! And walk a LOT more.

Otherwise yesterday was not too bad. I did the Pilates workout and some strength work. I am having some shoulder problems (what flutist doesn't ? :disappointed: ) so I might need to go to see a trainer or physiotherapist. Meh. But my weight is shifting downwards every so slightly - in the maintenance zone it is so slow - but the trend is creeping closer to where I'd like it to remain. When I started this challenge a year or so ago, it was 10 pounds higher, so those of you approaching your goal, be patient! Nothing moves fast, and the body reacts more vehemently to any larger losses (hungry ALL the time). Creep up on it, and then tread very delicately.

@Safari_Gal_ - do you do SoulCycle at home online? Or in a gym that offers it? If there was a way to do it at home I'd be thrilled.

@eyezbydiana - step away from the candy! :# And if you don't, be sure to track every single morsel. Preferably before eating it! That usually shames me into stopping, but not always. You'll get back on track - keep on checking in no matter what - it really helps especially when things are not going according to plan.

Have a strong day, everyone!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @eyezbydiana You need support, you got it. Struggling is normal. Nothing worth doing is easy after all. Accomplishment comes from effort, and your hard work is definitely going to pay off.

3bc3pb5euj6z.jpg

Do you live near some families with kids who might appreciate a candy stash boost? Do you have some friends who might be willing to take it off your hands, even just to throw it out for you so you don't have to?
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @Terytha thank you so much
    It's like the optimist in me says "you should keep it and just have one little piece daily" but the realist in me says.."let's be real that's why u stopped buying ice cream because you can't say no" I think Im going to take it to my in-laws
  • jugar
    Options
    It's like the optimist in me says "you should keep it and just have one little piece daily" but the realist in me says.."let's be real that's why u stopped buying ice cream because you can't say no" I think Im going to take it to my in-laws

Trigger foods!!! They just cannot be around. But I also really hear that weird panic that seems to settle in just as we're about to seriously change things and lose weight. I have had that panic nearly every time I decide to get (back) on track (but haven't really started yet). It comes from somewhere deep inside and I will never understand it. But dealing with it takes practice! What always helps me is to have ONE perfect day. Log everything before you eat it. Really plan your day so you are within calories. Schedule some exercise, even if it's just a 30 minute walk. Or some silly dancing around the livingroom. One day and the panic goes away at least for a while. Then try another day, because they feel SO GOOD.

Get rid of that candy. Heck, you can even throw it away. Out in a public waste can somewhere you can't get back to!

And know we're here, have been there, and are always willing to listen. Keep us posted, ok?
  • jugar
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    @micki48 steps for 11/4: 10,866
    Also loving the Pilates class!

I'm so glad you are liking it! She is certainly not taking it easy on everyone during this one - but it feels great, as always. Hope anyone else who is doing this finds it as helpful :smile:
  • eyezbydiana
    Options
    @jugar that was so motivating! Thanks again. I do really well with a community. That candy will be gone as soon as I get home
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

I can't say no to Doritos/salty snacks, so I totally get that. Some things it's just better to get rid of. :)
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    e5a1a874cq11.jpeg
    Ok Waistaways, I need to know who is going to be on our stepping team. Who wants to have accountability and a little challenge to get your steps up for the month November? Let’s see if we can accumulate enough steps together to “virtually” get to some place cool and beautiful. Who’s in??

1. Micki48 (Michele)
    2. @evangsimmons170 (Rhonda)

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Guys so I need a little emotional support😔
    Im really struggling with my journey
    I think it's because since Ive done weight loss before..I think I can just fall back into good old habits, but I need to realize Im so far from where I was and need to go back to baby steps.
    What to do with a big bag of leftover Halloween candy? I don't normally eat candy.. but it's there 🤭

@eyezbydiana - It’s helps me to remember why I started this mission. Yeah, I call it a mission...and we are athletes or warriors in training. The visual helps empower me. 💪🏻 You are stronger then this craving —-if it doesn’t help you on the mission then it’s holding you back. If it’s holding you back.. drop that dead weight and don’t look back. 🏋🏼‍♀️

• Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @eyezbydiana ... about that Halloween candy...
    I heard an interesting suggestion this week.

Consider that the candies are nothing special.

You received the candy to celebrate the MOMENT and that interaction is special (not the moment you eat the candy). Matter of fact the eating of the candy usually isn’t all that enjoyable. If you really wanted this candy you could go buy it any day at the store (see it’s not so special) but you have goals and a plan and you don’t do that.

The candies have no power. You can choose to give away or toss the candies and then BAM you get all the power!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I think it's because since Ive done weight loss before..I think I can just fall back into good old habits, but I need to realize Im so far from where I was and need to go back to baby steps.
    What to do with a big bag of leftover Halloween candy? I don't normally eat candy.. but it's there 🤭

@eyezbydiana Emotional support you have, right here! ^^^^^^ It's so important to come to the team and share your struggles as well as your success. That's what it's all about.

I totally get not wanting to throw away all the candy. I HATE to waste, but then it will go to the WAIST. I totally agree with all the others and you, that you need to get that trigger food out of your house. But, if you are like me at all, you may want to keep just a couple pieces, put them somewhere out of sight, and then only have them one at a time and if you have earned them by pre-logging or with extra exercise. Kind of a reward. Not that food should be a reward. But, I can't be told you can NEVER have this food or that is EXACTLY the food I want. Remember, the road to successful weight loss and maintenance is not a diet, but rather a lifestyle change in the way you eat and look at food that you can live with. We all have our own paths to travel, but many times our journeys intersect and that's why support is so important. My weight loss has been slow, but I have learned so much these last 312 days. Being mindful while eating (not always successful, but progress), moderation, LOGGING all food, drinking your water (SO IMPORTANT), and moving your body (you've got that one down.) are all part of the equation. I hope you feel supported because we are definitely here for you. We're all in this together.
  • micki48
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 GREAT!!!! Glad to have you on the team! I know you can really get some big numbers, but even if they are just a little better than yesterday's numbers, that's great. You are so busy, but I know focusing on steps for you will help you feel better for so many reasons. Walk on.

Steppers!!! We are already up over 71,000 steps combined and it's only Day 2 and not everyone has reported yet. That is FANTASTIC. Keep up the great work.
  • micki48
    Options
    Oh my steps for yesterday - 10,879 :)
  • micki48
    Options
    I think I was a day behind on the Sleep Matters Challenge. Here’s Day 2 and 3. There has already been some discussion about powering down. I actually got 8 hours last night and never got up during the night. That is unusual for me.

l2thiketipq6.png
  • eyezbydiana
    Options
    Does anyone else have any problems adding a photo..I select it, but it doesn't show me it's added?
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

@eyezbydiana Although candy is not my vice, the struggle is definitely real! When I get sick of my wrong choices, I find that if I throw the food in the trash real fast, that takes care of that. I know it sounds oversimplified, but it works. I know I'd be too grossed out to dig food or candy out of the trash can to eat it. However you choose to handle it, we got you girl! Even if you mess up. Been there, done that, got the plus size tshirt to prove it! :smiley:
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Hello to all our new and returning members,

I'm Rhonda (@evangsimmons170). I'll be 51 this month, divorced, no kids, and working like a maniac. LOL. My main job is that I'm an elementary assistant principal. Plus I've got a bunch of side hustles too because I'm working towards being 100% debt free. (I just paid off one of my student loan lenders last month!)

My goals for November are:
    • Work my way back up to 15,000 steps a day
    • Lose 6 lbs
    • Log my food and water daily
    • Check in/post here at least 3x/week

That's about all I can handle at the moment, but if I can just be consistent in those 4, I'll really be doing something. Thanks for walking this journey with me.
This discussion has been closed.