WAIST AWAYS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    ask Greg ( @Navydaddjtc ) to sign you up with us!

oh - and daughter is only 20, she will get over the stupid idiot boyfriend, I hope! Mine (now 27) had a few of those along the way and has finally found a better model... :wink:

1) I sent greg a message.
    2) I pray she finds a better model boyfriend but, she's decided to live with him...so I'm not very hopeful. LOL.
    3) Do you want to know my workouts also? It looks like you have a pilates challenge this week. I did Pilates this morning. Otherwise, I've been doing elliptical and weights each morning. Food is my issue...working out is what I would love to do all day long.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,071 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Wednesday already!
    It is snowing. I am happy. :grin: But not enough snow to make me REALLY happy. :unamused:

@Gidgitgoescrazy welcome back! Sounds like you had a great trip and then a fall cleaning on return - I had exactly the same order of things after my trip to Scotland. And after a little bounce up, settled back down to less than when I left! So I'm sure that by Friday things will have settled down for you. You are a great example of someone making major changes work. Your reasons are solid, you're taking all the right actions, and you don't expect perfection at all times. Hats off!

@eyezbydiana (I still love your user name - I spend a LOT of time with opto people. Many crazy eye issues...) Sounds like you took some steps in the right direction too. Good protein, and a stop after your small indulgences! May the candy season end soon :wink: Keep going and you'll be feeling amazing in no time. And yes, I think the MFP app does not like Android too much. It is great for adding food (way better than the web version), but terrible for everything else.

@offitgoes good to see you back as well! Give us an update on how things are going if you can. And what your daily actions are for this week.

OK folks, I'm off to a busy day. Heading for Montreal this afternoon to hear a concert tonight and then I have two meetings tomorrow about a really fun event. Sadly that means both breakfast and lunch in restaurants tomorrow, so I'll hit the gym first thing! I love going back to the gym I used for the last few years I worked in Montreal. The trainers there were SO good, and got me into this whole getting in shape thing for good. AND it was right at work (the university gym where I was a prof) so there was no way of avoiding it once I got started. Perfect strangers would come up to me and say HEY - haven't seen you at the gym this week - whenever I was slacking. It is a really fun place, mixing students, staff, and faculty. Lots of us older folks would go first thing in the morning when the students were sleeping in (except for the athletes!). It was a terrific community, and I have to say I really miss it since retiring. One of the few things I miss!
  • jugar
    Options
    Shexio wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    ask Greg ( @Navydaddjtc ) to sign you up with us!

oh - and daughter is only 20, she will get over the stupid idiot boyfriend, I hope! Mine (now 27) had a few of those along the way and has finally found a better model... :wink:

1) I sent greg a message.
    2) I pray she finds a better model boyfriend but, she's decided to live with him...so I'm not very hopeful. LOL.
    3) Do you want to know my workouts also? It looks like you have a pilates challenge this week. I did Pilates this morning. Otherwise, I've been doing elliptical and weights each morning. Food is my issue...working out is what I would love to do all day long.

You're quick! And yes, if you want to report your workouts, that is always interesting to see what everyone is up to. But since food is your focus, and I agree it makes more difference than anything else (sadly!), then a daily commitment to whatever plan you're using and to logging every bite is going to be the biggest help. And probably the hardest thing to do! Hang here with us, and hopefully it will go great. Welcome aboard!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    Steps on 11/5: 12374
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    d2dp1b6yg5y6.png

PLEASE WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM WAISTAWAYS
    @Shexio
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THIS TEAMMATE SETTLED FOR THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE NOVEMBER SPREADSHEET
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    Does anyone else have any problems adding a photo..I select it, but it doesn't show me it's added?

It doesn't work on the app, for me at least and maybe for you. I have to go onto the web version to post photos.

It works for me on the app. Do you have an iPhone or something else? Like @Safari_Gal_ hit insert image and wait for it to be done loading.

I have an android. There is no loading. There is no bar. It doesn't register that I've even selected an image, it just shows me the select screen thing again.
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi
    CW 126.5
    Late weigh in
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,255 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Shexio wrote: »
    Steps:
    11/1 9042
    11/2 9008
    11/3 10588
    11/4 9963
    11/5 10994

Like @jugar said once you are all registered, I will get you on our step team. Great numbers.

By the time I read everything, I see you are all set. Welcome aboard. Glad to have you on our team. When I record your steps I will mark your comment “insightful”. At the end of the week, I will report on how far we have walked together along with highlights! 😃💪🏼🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏿‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️
  • micki48
    Options
    Steppers! We now have 8 of us in the challenge. It's only Wednesday and we already have over 160,000 steps among us and that's without everyone reporting!!! That's 81.68 miles or 131.45km. That is like walking a little more than a third of the way from NYC to Niagara Falls. Do you think we can make it all the way there this week? We need to get to 308 miles or 496km. We only have 226 miles to go!!!

Also, do any steppers want to commit to a certain number of steps a day? You don't have to, but a few of us are recording our daily goal as another measure. @evangsimmons170 I know you want to get to 15,000 a day eventually, but do you have a different per day goal for this week?

Happy Stepping!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    What an evening! I just heard a terrific concert in Montreal, and walked a lot of steps (real ones, no exercise bike substitutions). But then I also ate pasta, which I never do normally, so it's a good thing those steps were happening.

Thanks for your weigh-in @kx7003 - good job not to bounce too much after big losses. It is always hard then.

And official welcome to @Shexio - good to have you aboard. Keep on checking in every day and thanks for joining the step team. You are certainly moving us along!

So far today I have avoided ice cream. There are too many amazing ice cream places in Montreal. Let's see if I make it through tomorrow before heading home to safety!
  • jugar
    Options
    REMINDERS...

For today, weigh-ins still needed for:
    @tdrjustus3
    @Loopyluc
    @fourathomej
    @Juliemargaretkim
    And for tomorrow:
    @cory17
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I wasn’t sure if you saw my steps for Monday and Tuesday. They are:
    Steps Nov. 4th - 10,276
    5th - 10,329
    I saw my orthopedic doctor today and he gave me a cortisone shot in my knee. He doesn’t want me to walk for a week so I’m out until next Wednesday. So sorry about that!! Hoping my knee starts to feel better soon. I did get 5705 steps today before I saw him. Thanks!!
  • micki48
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    @micki48 I wasn’t sure if you saw my steps for Monday and Tuesday. They are:
    Steps Nov. 4th - 10,276
    5th - 10,329
    I saw my orthopedic doctor today and he gave me a cortisone shot in my knee. He doesn’t want me to walk for a week so I’m out until next Wednesday. So sorry about that!! Hoping my knee starts to feel better soon. I did get 5705 steps today before I saw him. Thanks!!

Yes, Connie I’ve got you down. Take it easy with your walking. No worries. You can still turn in your steps no matter what they are. Hope you feel better soon.
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps 11/6: 8,900
    Just realized my fitbit is breaking down.. it doesn't register steps i take barefoot around my house :-( not sure how long it's been doing it..i was due for a new one
    Now to decide between the fitbit versa 2 and jumping in and getting the galaxy active 2 watch.. anyone have either?
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    fourathomej
    Weigh Day: WED
    PW: 147.4
    CW: 147.2
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    STEPS:
    11/1 - 14296
    11/2 - 11739
    11/3 - 17231
    11/4 - 10884
    11/5 - 17430
    11/6 - 10003

Long week...sorry. its Christmas setups this week and next week. So long days but 3 down and 3 to go....
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    Steps 11/6: 9580

Also could you help me with how to look at the results on the spreadsheet again? Thanks!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Steppers! We now have 8 of us in the challenge. It's only Wednesday and we already have over 160,000 steps among us and that's without everyone reporting!!! That's 81.68 miles or 131.45km. That is like walking a little more than a third of the way from NYC to Niagara Falls. Do you think we can make it all the way there this week? We need to get to 308 miles or 496km. We only have 226 miles to go!!!

Also, do any steppers want to commit to a certain number of steps a day? You don't have to, but a few of us are recording our daily goal as another measure. @evangsimmons170 I know you want to get to 15,000 a day eventually, but do you have a different per day goal for this week?

Happy Stepping!!!

No @micki48 I dont have a daily step goal for this week as I'm in LOTS of meetings this week. Today's meeting will last 9-3, for example.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

STEPS:

11/3/19 -- 8,595
    11/4/19 -- 6,612
    11/5/19 -- 6,808
    11/6/29 -- 8,514
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    AAAARGGGGGHHHHHHH Obviously November is NOT going to be my month... Husband is in the hospital, he was feeling dizzy and short of breath yesterday, so I made him go to the ER... He had a 95% blockage stented in late July, which was a shock cause this is a guy who is as fit as can be... anyway, his dr actually stopped one of his medicines the end of oct, and thats when all the stuff started... so anyway, probably nothing major just a medication change, but he still has to stay and pass a battery of tests first... Anyway, I have always been one of those people who despise modern medicine, and thinks the pharmaceutical companies are just out to make a buck... so it's so conflicting for me to admit he might actually need to take this medicine... But yesterday was good, I got everything done I needed to do, except my laundry put away... but does that ever really get finished... Todays goals are to do 30 minutes of yoga, and 30 minutes on the treadmill... this is with fingers crossed that hubby is discharged by the time I get off work, if not I guess I will be sitting in the hospital.. if that's the case, I will park far away, and take the stairs... Now I am going to spend my work day, planning the most heart healthy menu you can think of... :smiley: Have a great day !
This discussion has been closed.