Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

STEPS:

11/3/19 -- 8,595
    11/4/19 -- 6,612

Has anyone figured out how to make the thousands of steps count while you're grocery shopping? Because my hands are on the shopping cart and not doing the usual swinging motion while I'm pushing the cart, none of those steps are registering on my Fitbit. One of my side hustles is that I grocery shop for people and deliver the groceries to them. So imagine the number of steps I'm missing out on every day. Any suggestions? I want the credit for all the steps I've been doing.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,062 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have any problems adding a photo..I select it, but it doesn't show me it's added?

What happens is a blue line filling up across the top of the frame around your post. When that finishes happening, you'll just see the code in brackets in your message. Then hit "Preview" to see if it worked. Some formats work better than others. I usually just go to whatever photo I want (web or my own) and click on "copy image" and paste it wherever you want it to appear in your post.
    Like this
    lsjb45bqii9d.png

So if you're reading this, you see the photo. Click on "Quote" and you'll see how it looks with the img code. Hope that helps!

Oh, and you can just delete that Quote. :p
  • jugar
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

STEPS:

11/3/19 -- 8,595
    11/4/19 -- 6,612

Has anyone figured out how to make the thousands of steps count while you're grocery shopping? Because my hands are on the shopping cart and not doing the usual swinging motion while I'm pushing the cart, none of those steps are registering on my Fitbit. One of my side hustles is that I grocery shop for people and deliver the groceries to them. So imagine the number of steps I'm missing out on every day. Any suggestions? I want the credit for all the steps I've been doing.

Put it in your pocket? Hang it from a belt loop? Or the bottom of your jacket? I use my phone to count steps and as long as it is in a pocket, or in my handbag hanging over my shoulder, it works. Not sure about those fancy fangled things like fitbits!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @micki48
    November 4th Steps: 10,276

@evangsimmons170 my daughter wears her Fitbit on her ankle. I haven’t tried that. Not sure it would fit! But I’m like you, I hate to lose all those steps when I’m pushing a grocery cart!!

@Safari_Gal_ SoulCycle sounds really fun!!

@eyezbydiana I have the same problem with candy, especially chocolate, so after Halloween I gave it to my church. They give it to the kids in Sunday School.

@jugar I hope your shoulder gets to feeling better soon and congrats on your weight downward trend!!

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have any problems adding a photo..I select it, but it doesn't show me it's added?

It doesn't work on the app, for me at least and maybe for you. I have to go onto the web version to post photos.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

It doesn't work on the app, for me at least and maybe for you. I have to go onto the web version to post photos.

Me too @Terytha :neutral:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Today, I was given the company card, no budget, and instructions to get Starbucks on the way back from my errand.

How could I refuse free Starbucks? So I'm over calories today. I just can't say no to free reign to get whatever I want. :(
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Oh ok atleast Im not the only one
  • jugar
    Options

Me too @Terytha :neutral:

Me three! I had forgotten about that. I only do it on the web version...
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    s2j8973uljxh.jpeg
    That’s a test photo lol
    Streets of NY ... I just “insert image”

• jugar
    Options
    Nice one!

Well, I just cycled 9 miles, which according to the conversion formula at https://www.livestrong.com/article/187672-how-to-convert-exercise-bike-miles-to-steps/
    is something like 19,000 steps. I think that sounds a bit high, but I am dripping with sweat and feel really ready for that shower.

I'll claim some more reasonable amount of steps and add them to the somewhat modest number of actual steps I did today!

I'm also thirsty. Did NOT drink enough water today...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

STEPS:

11/3/19 -- 8,595
    11/4/19 -- 6,612

@evangsimmons170 Do you have it tight enough? I take my granddaughter on walks all the time. My hands are on the handle of the stroller and it definitely picks up my steps. Hmmmm...

It works for me on the app. Do you have an iPhone or something else? Like @Safari_Gal_ hit insert image and wait for it to be done loading.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    @jugar you are right! That Pilates for today was quite the challenge. Went out to dinner with daughter and family. Ate things I shouldn’t have eaten. Felt yucky and sluggish, learned lesson - don’t eat a bunch of fried food when you’re not used to it. Was not mindful at all. Made myself do Pilates at 9pm. Feel better. Now for some mint tea ☕️
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!

Wednesday weigh-ins:
    @fourathomej
    @offitgoes
    @Juliemargaretkim

LATE weigh-ins!
    @kx7003
    @tdrjustus3
    @Loopyluc

Hoping to see the numbers rolling in! Good, bad, however they are - put them up and look them in the eye.

And @micki48 - You are right that fried food when you are no longer used to it is terribly difficult on the system! Isn't it great to discover how much your system is changing, though? Mint tea - a very good idea.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone ! Sorry I've been MIA... I went on a nice little getaway with the hubby, and then all of a sudden after we got home, I got a stomach bug that kept me down and out till this morning, I did great with my eating though, stayed WAY under calories, lol... I weighed myself this morning, and if it would stay that way, I'd be super happy, but I'm sure as soon as I start eating regularly again, that massive loss will go away...

Anyway, I'm Vikki I'm 48, Mom of 3, wife of 1- I have 2 dogs, and 2 cats, I work full time, and sit on my butt most of the day, I did change my hours starting this week though, I will work 5 days a week instead of 4, so I will get off at 4pm which will make my ability to exercise and prepare proper meals much easier...

I have about 50lbs total I would like to lose, but my main reason for doing this is to be healthier, I am tired of feeling like crap, so I quit smoking on 9/23, and at that time I also decided to give up drinking... mainly because when I drink I smoke... but also cause I am a binge drinker and I am tired of not doing things I planned because we decide to sit around and drink instead of going on that hike. I'm just over that, I want to enjoy my life without any crutches.. I'm not saying I will never drink, because I will and I have, but I am learning that I can have 1 glass of wine, and call it a day, I don't need to keep going until it's bed time... but I think that's a whole conversation for a different organization.... lol

Okay Looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on ! Have a great day !
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So 11/5
    Pretty good day... ate my planned breakfast
    For lunch, one of my reps offered to buy us lunch. I ordered a delicious chicken and shrimp in garlic sauce salad with avocado. I did have an empanada also..oops, but Id say considering how off the rails Ive been.. still pretty good choice
    For dinner I went over my in laws. Small piece of meatloaf, 2 tiny pieces of homemade pizza (had barely any cheese), salad, carrots and my mother in law made broccoli specifically for me :-)
    On the candy front..I did have one fun size skittles at work and one fun size milky way at my inlaws...but considering i had had like 5 fun size snickers the day before ( i don't even like snickers) Ill also count it as a success :-)
    @micki48
    Steps for 11/5: 10418
    I have a Samsung galaxy... the MFP app may just not like android lol
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm late to your party, I hope I can join in.

My name is Sherry.

Live with my hubby (47) and little dog Noodles(see profile pic) in Memphis, TN, kids are all grown/gone (22yr boy, 20yr girl living with stupid idiot boyfriend...grrr),
    My job is mostly sedentary, Computer work( Information Technology)
    Like most, I tend to be an emotional/ habitual? eater and over the past 2 years I have added 5-6 pounds that I have NOT been able to lose. What's worse, I have some Peri-meno. symptoms and Hypothyroidism, and I think some hormonal things are making it hard for met to lose. And/or my "urge to eat" simply wins. I know how great I feel when I'm at the right weight...I don't want to keep adding pounds over the years.... 5# year is 50# in 10yrs. NO thank you!! I lost 70-75# after my daughter was born 20 years ago, and I've pretty much kept it off. I workout a lot ... Its my nutrition that is sucking lately.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Steps:
    11/1 9042
    11/2 9008
    11/3 10588
    11/4 9963
    11/5 10994
  • jugar
    Options
    Shexio wrote: »
    I'm late to your party, I hope I can join in.

My name is Sherry.

Live with my hubby (47) and little dog Noodles(see profile pic) in Memphis, TN, kids are all grown/gone (22yr boy, 20yr girl living with stupid idiot boyfriend...grrr),
    My job is mostly sedentary, Computer work( Information Technology)
    Like most, I tend to be an emotional/ habitual? eater and over the past 2 years I have added 5-6 pounds that I have NOT been able to lose. What's worse, I have some Peri-meno. symptoms and Hypothyroidism, and I think some hormonal things are making it hard for met to lose. And/or my "urge to eat" simply wins. I know how great I feel when I'm at the right weight...I don't want to keep adding pounds over the years.... 5# year is 50# in 10yrs. NO thank you!! I lost 70-75# after my daughter was born 20 years ago, and I've pretty much kept it off. I workout a lot ... Its my nutrition that is sucking lately.

Hi Sherry! To join this challenge you will need to go to the sign-up thread at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10770084/november-registration-page#latest

If you like our wonderful team, ask Greg ( @Navydaddjtc ) to sign you up with us! He will certainly do that, and then you can start right in. He will need to know your weigh-in day (you weigh in once a week, always on the same day) and your starting weight. It is even more wonderful if you have a weight for last week to use as a starting weight so that you'll be caught up with everyone here in week 1 of the November challenge. If not - no worries! So head on over there, and keep coming here to set some daily actions you will take to help you move towards your goals. Something like tracking accurately, even tracking before you eat it, making sure you get plenty of water, giving up a particular trigger food, etc. I lost 40 pounds during menopause, you can do it too!! The urge to eat takes time to slowly recede, but recede it will. Good luck! Greg will let me know when you are all signed up, but you can come here anyhow :smiley:

oh - and daughter is only 20, she will get over the stupid idiot boyfriend, I hope! Mine (now 27) had a few of those along the way and has finally found a better model... :wink:
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day: WED
    PW: 174.8
    CW: 176
This discussion has been closed.