November 6 Sign In

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Pass Day #3 for me, still sick. Hopeful for tomorrow though.

@w8goal4life I've only clicked on your first link so far, but I LOVE it! Thank you!

As to staying motivated to exercise, I'm most enthusiastic about exercise when I see performance improvements, and least enthusiastic when I've plateaued, or worse, gone backwards.

I wish I had advice on how to avoid fitness plateaus and setbacks, but all I have learned is how to handle them without too much frustration. Generally, if it's unpleasant because it feels too hard, I make it easier.

Going to have to use that strategy over the next few weeks as my lungs recover from this illness :lol:
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    @ConfidentRaven....Wow!! Nice new version of ConfidentRaven...Congratulations!! You are definitely going the right direction!
    Rick
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    Exercise: Yes. 45 minute walk.
    Calories:Yes, under
    Tracked:Yes
    It sounds pessimistic, but, in part, fear keeps me motivated; I remind myself of the physical and mental downsides of not exercising. But, I also think of the joy I feel in being fit enough to do the things I love.
  • Lizzie1229
    Lizzie1229 Posts: 40 Member
    Yes to all 3. The only thing to keep me motivated to exercise the last few days is this group! Feeling a bit under the weather but I made it through.
  • vhschnure629
    vhschnure629 Posts: 18 Member
    This has to be my first pass day. I logged everything and worked out for 30 minutes, but my daughter and I went out for Thai food tonight, so went a couple hundred calories over my allotment. We had a wonderful visit together though!!!
  • vhschnure629
    vhschnure629 Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you @w8goal4life for the video suggestions! I am always on the lookout for good You Tube workouts, and the Yoga one looks really good. Can’t wait to try it! Thank you!
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    What do you do to keep yourself motivated to exercise?

Interesting question. I live across the road from a national park with miles of walkable roads and trails that cross beautiful fields and woods. I relish walking and slow jogging one 5.6 mile route. It gives me peaceful alone time to feel close to nature, a kind of walking/running meditation. I don't even think of it as exercise.

I also MUST exercise every day because the exercise lowers my marginal hypertension/high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I don't want to start taking pills again when I can control those things myself.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a dog walk and longer walk in the gym, plus walked a lot at work
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Yes x 3
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Yes x3 today.
    Funny that the topic is motivation today, I'm struggling to get my run in! I want to go and am very motivated to get to the gym, but once I'm there I'm trying to talk myself through it and am struggling so much more than I usually have so far. I'm starting to try 10 mins yoga (my other favourite activity) before and after my run to keep up motivation and get a good stretch in.
  • jrsepe12
    jrsepe12 Posts: 34 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 35 minute walk, 10 minute bike
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Exercise.....Yes. 12K steps total. Since this looked to be the last day before some much colder weather comes in I opted to forego the trip to the Y for a workout and get stuff put away for the winter. So the 4-5 hours and 8000 steps cleaning the barn are going to count for my exercise. I don’t normally like to take credit this way , but as I write this and notice the first snowflakes of the season falling, my conscience is clear.
    Tracked........Yes under budget .
    Logged......... Yes

Yes x 3
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    I promised my BC team I would walk everyday, 4 years ago, mustn't take our health for granted
    Exercise yes 120 min cleaning, 60 min walk at dusk /dark
    Tracking yes Calories yes
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    November 6
    Exercised? YES, 1 mile run (8:39); accessory work.
    Tracked? YES
    Calories? YES
    Passes Used: 1/3
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, walking 20 minutes