Clean Eaters - What is on the menu today?

Options

Replies

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Nice menus alls round! Inspiring. :smile:
  • kamndam1
    kamndam1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1/2 c. Oatmeal, clementines, apple, cherry tomatoes, mini peppers, 1 babybel cheese, mixed nuts, almond milk, carne asada, baked acrorn squash. Apple "cookies" for dessert. Slice of apple topped with nut butter/shredded coconut. All made from scratch, nothing processed.
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Yum!
  • ezbreeze6888
    ezbreeze6888 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Brunch: Egg White Omelette (5 Fresh-cracked Egg Whites) with Al Fresca Chicken Apple Maple Sausage, Portabella Mushrooms, Red Onion, Grape Tomatoes, Broccoli and Spinach sprinkled with Low-fat Cheddar Cheese. Black Coffee. Fresh Squeezed Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice.
    Calories 366. Protein 36 grams. Fiber 3 grams. Carbs 30.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Options
    @ezbreeze6888 & @kamndam1 - awesome! I’m so craving those meals! 🤗👌🏻😉
  • Safari_Gal_
    Options
    11.10 - black coffee & leftover chicken/vegetable stew for brunch. I’m in a crock pot state of mind lately. Crack pot? ☺️

Stew- chicken, peppers medley, green onion, rainbow carrots, yellow onion, celery, chanterelle mushrooms, cauliflower rice and some heirloom tomatoes.. 🌶🥕🍅
  • yashchawla604
    yashchawla604 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Boiled chicken (shredded) with 3eggs(excludin 1 yolk)
  • Safari_Gal_
    Options
    Have you guys tried Blue Green Algae shakes? Not sure how I haven’t seen these before!!

bvn4euc978aa.jpeg
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @Safari_Gal_ Your menu items rock! I aspire to be as creative and healthy as you!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Options
    ploomka wrote: »
    @Safari_Gal_ Your menu items rock! I aspire to be as creative and healthy as you!

@ploomka - that is one of the most amazing things someone has said to me today!! Thank you!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,589 Member
    Options
    11.10 - black coffee & leftover chicken/vegetable stew for brunch. I’m in a crock pot state of mind lately. Crack pot? ☺️

Stew- chicken, peppers medley, green onion, rainbow carrots, yellow onion, celery, chanterelle mushrooms, cauliflower rice and some heirloom tomatoes.. 🌶🥕🍅

Your stew sounds amazing!

What does algae taste like?

I finished black bean soup, had coleslaw, and two salads today. I'm debating between lentil vegetable soup, turkey sweet potato chili, and split pea in the Instant pot but will probably wait to decide tomorrow. Bought a dried bean I've never heard of so that's an option too.
  • ploomka
    Options
    Last night I had a really tasty parfait with frozen blueberries, heavy cream, chia seeds, cacao nibs, hemp hearts, and pecans. I love how the heavy cream freezes a bit from proximity to the blueberries. This is my go-to Coldstone Creamery replacement :smiley:
  • Safari_Gal_
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Your stew sounds amazing!

What does algae taste like?

I finished black bean soup, had coleslaw, and two salads today. I'm debating between lentil vegetable soup, turkey sweet potato chili, and split pea in the Instant pot but will probably wait to decide tomorrow. Bought a dried bean I've never heard of so that's an option too.

@Katmary71 - thanks!! I usually toss it in a pot at night and we have stew for breakfast. Strange how I get up more easily in the morning when I smell the scent of stew in the house. Lol

Re: Blue Green Algae- i typically have it in a smoothie with greens, flax milk and avocado - so I can’t really distinguish a taste. 🤔 I have BGA capsules and they smell very mild - kinda wheatgrassy. Ish. No taste really to me.

I’ve been following the research on BGA as an antioxidant - here is a good National institute of health research palaver if you are interested. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3576896/#s001title
    You’ve inspired me to have a smoothie! 🤗

• Safari_Gal_
    Options
    ploomka wrote: »
    Last night I had a really tasty parfait with frozen blueberries, heavy cream, chia seeds, cacao nibs, hemp hearts, and pecans. I love how the heavy cream freezes a bit from proximity to the blueberries. This is my go-to Coldstone Creamery replacement :smiley:

@ploomka - you’re speaking my language!! Looooooove chia seeds! That’s sounds awesome!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Safari_Gal_ wow, BGA is really good for you! I don't care for avocados and my blender sucks or I'd try out your smoothie combo! I do like wheatgrass though! Glad I inspired it to drink a smoothie!

Funny, I bought chia seeds to add to oatmeal but haven't tried them,I got a big container at Grocery Outlet.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Had a pretty healthy day, 3 salads plus soup. I made split pea red lentil jalepeno soup in the Instant pot. I honestly could eat split pea every day, it's my favorite soup. Added a ton of veggies and used Better than Bouillon vegetable in it, that stuff is super salty! I'm making vegetable broth from scraps in the Instant pot now, waiting for it to finish so I can go to bed. I should've swapped them around instead of using Better Than Bouillon.
  • ploomka
    Options
    @Safari_Gal_ What a good idea to start your stew at night! I keep getting behind on my dinner plans because I keep forgetting to start my crock pot early enough, and I don't want it to cook while I am in my fasting window after 6pm because that would make me insane with hunger LOL. I am going to try making my roast when I go to bed in future. Then I can have roast for breakfast with my eggs. What a brilliant idea!

And yes, the chia seeds are the best. I need to make some chia pudding. I love how they absorb all the liquid. They are like bubble tea!
  • DanielMackey1
    DanielMackey1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really like this thread and have learned so much already. Personally I have been trying to keep the spirit of summer alive through my food choices lol. So today we worked with fresh garden veggies...Cucumber coconut smoothies, fresh apples, bell peppers and things of this nature. Still in the cleanse so haven't started getting to funky with them yet. But sometimes simple is best right?
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie I'm drinking for midnight meal in the middle of my 12 hr night shift.

1/2 avocado (left over from another meal)
    1/8 cup chia seeds
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk with coconut
    5 drops of clean liquid stevia
    1 scoop of a chocolate greens mixture
    (I won't name drop, but I think these greens mixtures are good on the fly when you're out of time to meal prep or your fridge is low)
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This whole smoothie is:
    Carb: 20
    Fat: 24
    Protien: 9
    Dietary Fiber: 17
    Net carbs: 3
    Makes a little less than 2 cups of smoothie.

(The brand of greens mix I use has 1g Carb, 1g Protein, and 1g Dietary Fiber).