vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Vicky2767
    Sat
    Nov week 3?
    PW 181.4
    CW 179.8
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Sorry guys. I’ve been MIA most of the week. And I hope this isn’t TMI but, I get super emotional and depressed right before I start my period. It hadn’t always been like this. So I apologize for going MIA. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    @CindyJNC1963 I think it is a mistake....and I just saw this and was about to post this, the things you read while getting up stupidly early because your brain doesn't adjust to time zone changes while on vacation.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759847/woo-be-gone#latest

I think they replaced what used to be "woo" with "disagree" which apparently has the same face and there used to be a thing about the "woo" button being used as a "whoo hoo" and the thing is, they didn't change the face, it's still a frowny face, it just now has the word disagree attached to it instead of woo. Really not sure why they even have a disagree in here, I like to think that we would be using these threads for positivity instead of negativity so why even have the option at all.
    @143tobe Was just about to post this and tag you in it when I saw Cindy's comment and now I'm pretty sure that's what is happening, well I was before, but now that I've seen that thread, I am sure that's what's happening.,,
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Question of the week:

As I'm traveling this week and I keep thinking about how my choices are currently affecting my goals (not that I'm near my scale at the moment), but it has me thinking about this upcoming Thanksgiving week for our US friends, so my question is this: How will you fit Thanksgiving into your goals? Will you prepare some lower calorie options? Will you take the day and enjoy your time with family and friends and get back to the plan Friday? And for our friends outside the US, you can use think of it in terms of another holiday like Christmas for example.

I already had Thanksgiving with my family before I left, and we made it Keto because most of us eat that way, I am currently in Vegas with my hubby and I'm still eating Keto, but I did abandon my fasting schedule as I was feeling a bit jet lagged after the 3 hour flight, however, still eating Keto and actually not eating a lot, so all in all, I'm feeling good about my choices so far. My Thanksgiving this week will be Keto and I will be getting back to my regular fasting schedule, and I am choosing this and I chose to share my goals with my mother in law so she would be on board, she knows how hard I've worked to achieve my goals and she's already went shopping to get the things I like to have while fasting and asked me what she could prepare for Thanksgiving that I'd be comfortable eating.

I realize that what I do is extreme, and no one should feel bad about indulging on Thanksgiving, it is after all ONE day, and if we keep our indulgences limited in that respect, we will still reach our goals.

I'm off the the hotel gym, then to my massage and pedicure! Super excited.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Username: walk4today
    Week 4 November
    Weekly check in: Saturday
    PW 245.2
    CW 247
    I was doing better but got off track a bit this week with too many goodies in the house. Getting back on track today.
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Daily post

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the week:
    How will you fit Thanksgiving into your goals? Will you prepare some lower calorie options? Will you take the day and enjoy your time with family and friends and get back to the plan Friday? And for our friends outside the US, you can use think of it in terms of another holiday like Christmas for example.

I've been thinking about this a lot since I've been having these uncontrollable binges lately. But for the moment, I think I have it under control. I've written out a calendar with my plans for the week and I plan to fast the day before Thanksgiving and the day after. Since I live in Germany and am mostly alone here, I usually don't do Thanksgiving, or we will have a small one. This year I'm in the mood so we will be having one. And although my kids are super picky, I want to have most of the regular traditions. Turkey, pumpkin pie, dressing, cranberry sauce, etc. So on this day I will fast until we eat (between 4 and 5pm). I will not be eating low carb this day but I will do my best to make some lower carb alternatives in addition to the regular carb stuff. (Like LC pumpkin pie, making a cranberry sauce without added sugar) I'm excited about the idea of eating stuffing (or dressing). It's been so long. Also candied sweet potatoes. It's without a doubt my favorite part of Thanksgiving (along with the pie). So yes, ultimately it will still end up being a high carb day but I will cut the carbs where possible. I'm not going to count calories on this day. I'm going to eat until satisfied but will close my eating window at 7pm (which is a bit later than usual). I just had an idea. I will look up to see if there are recipes for LC sweet potato mash. Maybe I can find a recipe that will be delicious but without the sugar shock. Oh, and wine. I should give myself an allowance and a limit for wine. I've been allowing myself small amounts of red wine the past few evenings. The first day was 1.5oz, second day was 2oz, third day was 2.5, fourth day was 3oz, fifth day was 2.5oz, and the seventh day was 2oz. The reason for this is that I love read wine but when I drink more than a full glass I get tipsy and I find it hard to stop drinking. But I also believe in the benefits of drinking red wine so I am experimenting with my tolerance and self control by consuming it in small amounts. It's been really nice and enjoyable. So for thanksgiving maybe I'll allow myself to have two 3oz servings for a total of 6oz (I use a cute small water glass that is shaped like a wine glass). This will be a good test for me because 6oz will definately lower my self control so I will see if I will be able to control myself from having a carb binge at that amount. If not, I will know to drink under that at Christmas. Ok, I'm so tired. I wanted to reply to Ashly's post, but I can't keep my eyes open. Will do that tomorrow.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,765 Member
    edited November 2019
    Username: Digger61
    Week 4 November
    Weekly check in: Saturday
    PW 219
    CW 219
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Daily Post -Saturday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

5+ Mile hike this morning in the chilly mountain air...refreshing!
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 25 minute indoor sprint bike. Excited tmw to run a few miles and then bike a few.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the week:
    How will you fit Thanksgiving into your goals? Will you prepare some lower calorie options? Will you take the day and enjoy your time with family and friends and get back to the plan Friday? And for our friends outside the US, you can use think of it in terms of another holiday like Christmas for example.

I am working this Thanksgiving, so it won't really affect me. Because we had mom's party last weekend and everyone was here, our
    Thanksgiving will be very small and sweet will be controlled.
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Nov Wk 3 - Sat, 11/23

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Five hours of housework and moving boxes
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Tdrjustus3
    PW: 289.4
    CW: 290.4
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    SUNDAY weigh-in
    PW: 164.6
    CW: 167.8

YIKES! my calories are down but steps have not been great
    z3c43spgxtgz.png

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Who is going around hitting the "disagree" button?

I had a "disagree" on my last weigh-in. I hope it's a mistake. If not, I don't really care about that person's opinion. I know the effort I put into getting healthier, so that's all that matters to me.
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Daily post Saturday
    Track: no
    Carbs: wayyyy over! I messed up and I was bad!
    Exercise no
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Hi everyone

I haven’t been very active on MFP lately as I’m really struggling with eating so much cr@p ☹️ I start the day off fine, still weigh out my portions and have a decent dinner with lots of veg, and then night time comes. After dinner I find myself eating biscuits and chocolate and that’s where it gets out of control. I can’t just have 1 or 2, I end up eating a lot. Because of this, I have somehow been maintaining my weight but that’s not my goal right now. I still have approximately 13lbs to lose but I know I won’t lose it if I continue eating this junk. I think stress and boredom has played a part in this. I’ll do my weigh-in tomorrow as always but if anyone has any suggestions/tips for me, it’s much appreciated.

Thanks 😊
This discussion has been closed.