WAIST AWAYS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going to be having a Thanksgiving meal in the US tomorrow. For many years, my husband took his mother out every year to a restaurant in Newport, Vermont that puts on a mean Thanksgiving buffet. She moved up to Canada after being widowed (in 2001) and always missed her home country. She never got used to Canadian Thanksgiving being in October, so she and my husband always went out every year. I was always at work! She just passed away in June, and we decided to keep up the tradition anyhow - in her honour, we'll head on down to Newport tomorrow and have a good meal. They apparently have plenty of veggies and a good choice of foods, so I should be able to find things I like. I haven't lived in the US since 1977, but all my family is still there, and it will be fun to celebrate this holiday for the first time in ages.

@jugar Funny you mention Newport, Vermont. I once had a boyfriend who moved there and was fortunate enough to get to visit twice after he moved. Once was on Thanksgiving (uh 41 years ago - Oh Lord!) and again at Christmas. It's so beautiful. His family lived on a hill over looking the lake. By Christmas, the lake was frozen and they could snow mobile across it into town.

Today was rainy and gray. I was busy getting a few recipes made in advance of tomorrow. Turkey will go in late morning. It's low key for us as well. My son and his gf can't come until Saturday, so we'll do an almost redo then. Looking forward to the whole family together. Lots of time on my feet in the kitchen. Plus toddler chasing. Tired. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving or Thursday. And @Terytha have a fabulous time at your party on Friday.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
    Options
    Well, where I am the day is ending. I hope you all had a good one.

HEADS UP for weigh-ins! Probably a good idea to do them EARLY in the morning if you're celebrating tomorrow! If you have to miss this week because of travel or whatever, just let me know!

@fourathomej
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @cory17
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving F2F Team!! Posting day 5 for tmo! πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’“πŸ’ƒπŸ’“πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ
    uayae0mb2smx.jpeg

It is my team at Fitness Warriors!

@Navydaddjtc (Cap/Mod) -Captain! You are an awesome leader and I feel so blessed to be part of this group! Wing man!
    @shbarbor - Sue, you have really stepped up and helped the entire team! You are fantastic!
    @ConfidentRaven - You my friend and an inspiration! Thank you so much for being an awesome team motivator! You have also stepped up and helped the team. I am thankful to you both!
    @holmesp603 - I just adore πŸ₯° you lady!!! You have been through so much and you keep stomping away!! You inspire me!
    @SLIMN2016 -Nancy you put in so much and I admire you! You have been such a fabulous friend to me and I am forever thankful!
    @RubyRed427- You have been a friend and thankful for our chats!
    @runarml -you remind me daily I better make my step goal!
    @kdv12 - Romans 12:2 πŸ’œπŸ™βœοΈπŸ™πŸ’œ
    @megnolia82 - Love your tea input!
    @NikMar - keep stepping lady!
    @Jcgator2016 - Absolute rock star 🌟 addition! Ty for the team support! Prior tennis 🎾 player thinking of pickleball!
    @Shortgirlrunning - Awesome add this month! You are fabulous!
    @GADGETGIRL259 - I am so happy you came back to the trio! We are so happy you are here!

I feel so blessed in my life to have such a supportive team!

F2F!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

And of course my hubby!

Head over team to our F2F and share! πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’“πŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒ

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10770309/waist-aways-november-chat#latest
  • jugar
    Options
    Have a great day everyone! We might not enjoy our weigh-ins for the next few days, but please enjoy today, whether you are celebrating Thanksgiving, at work as usual, or wherever you may be. We're having a beautiful new coating of that white stuff this morning, and crazy wind to keep things exciting. Looks like a postcard around here.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving all!
    Grateful for your positivity!

Stayed under calories today! Woohoo!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,240 Member
    Options
    fourathomej
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    Week 4
    PW: 147.6
    CW: 147.6

SORRY I'M LATE!!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,240 Member
    Options
    STEPS:
    11/21 - 11298
    11/22 - 15271
    11/23 - 10947
    11/24 - 14446
    11/25 - 12270
    11/26 - 13301
    11/27 - 18211

SORRY I'M LATE!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    This am - 214.6 not going to think about what it is now.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Day six friends! Starting tmo!f4faqs14tjeg.jpeg
    For me is to finish my inspirational book that I know will help push me through December to the New Year!
    1ep5stmkn3r7.jpeg

Come on over and join us at the weekly team challenge and share! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’“πŸ™πŸ™ It has been so inspiring from all groups to hear about your successes. Go team at Fat 2 Fib!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I know the day is almost over, but happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm glad to have such a supportive cyber family. πŸ˜ƒ
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I think this catches me up.
    Min 6904
    Tue: 9127
    Wed: 11550
    Thur -11253

Weight 104.5
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    11/23: 10079
    11/24: 14811
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW 209
    CW 209

I’m not surprised there was no loss but I am ok with it because of all the food I have eaten. We had our Thanksgiving meal at church which was fried fish, French fries, hush puppies, fried okra and everyone brought a side dish. There was also two tables of desserts! Of course yesterday we had Thanksgiving at my moms! I want to be a loser all of December. 😁
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    CW: 166.4
    PW: 166

Thankful for a renewed focus on fitness and health!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I have weigh in - in 2 days. Tomorrow is my bday. I did 60 minutes training today at gym- love my new trainer! Also did a 100 min spin class challenge.
    Have round 2 tomorrow... feels great β€” working for any type of loss for Sunday weigh in. πŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ

Have a great holiday weekend!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    I know it is almost over, at least where I live, and it is pitch black outside way before dinner. But I have been out and about helping my son get his new digs ready before he moves this weekend. Luckily only 5 miles away. :smile:

You are all amazing today! Some great weigh-ins in spite of the week. Looking at you @Steph1498 @Gidgitgoescrazy @AmyRobF @Pearl4686 @cory17 and @fourathomej -- NOT ONE OF YOU PUT ON WEIGHT!!! And @Shexio - that was some tiny bit, so no worries! Even I was surprised this morning, took off .4 - not much, but I'll take it after the crazy buffet I went to yesterday.
    And that is Some serious training @Safari_Gal_ !

Great spirit too - thank you all again for being there. We're almost at the end of November, and I am totally looking forward to December with a couple of new people added into the mix, and it sounds like some renewed energy, right @Pearl4686 @evangsimmons170 and @AmyRobF ? You got this. End of December? Even if it isn't a lot, you're going to have a smaller number on that spreadsheet - I feel it in my bones!

A few more weigh ins and the month is a wrap:

@juliemargaretkim
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @eyezbydiana

B)
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You look great @Terytha !
This discussion has been closed.