Introduce Yourself!

Options
2»

Replies

• kendraarnold2018
    kendraarnold2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started running back in 2010-ish and was really obsessed with running marathons but after doing a few, I just sort of let it go. I'm helped organize the Atlantic City Vegan Food Festival & Boardwalk 5K/10K last summer and it's coming back this year, so I thought this would be a good time to get back into running, because you know, running is fun, but I also want to see how other races are doing things so we can make this summer's vegan fest and run even better.
  • jb5mom
    jb5mom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI. I am Jaimee. I have been Vegan for nearly a decade. My kids are 2nd gen vegans and my fiancee is vegan. We are all runners. My fiancee and I did run 60 miles a week for 3 years. I have not been able to run for 2 years due to 3 terrible surgeries. I started back yesterday with 2.5 miles on the dreadmill. It is small but it is a start.
  • kanga2roos
    kanga2roos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just found this blog after being on MFP for a long time. :) I just started running about 4 1/2 years ago and am planning on my first marathon this October. Looking to follow 'No Meat Athlete's' program. Looking forward to meeting like-minded people who are running and being aware of their vegan food plan.
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’ve been vegan for just over a year, and vegetarian for 28 years before that. I’ve been running short distances to keep fit for about 20 years, but only started to run longer distances in the last 2 years.

Last year I ran 2 half marathons. Next year I’m planning to run the same 2 races faster, and add a full marathon sometime in the autumn.
  • heidipatterson100
    heidipatterson100 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Heidi. I have been vegan for about 5 years. I enjoy running among other sports. I have gotten a little fluffy this year with Covid, lock downs, and sport cancels. Now I am trying to get back into shape. I would love to find some fellow vegan friends on here to support and challenge each other.