Options
    Yes x 3
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I’m back to finish my accountability.
    I exercised over 20 minutes.
    I kept track of everything I ate.
    I went over 100 calories from “goal” but I earned 340 exercise calories so I “borrowed” the 100 from there. Still in the deficit for the day.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Tracked yes, but everything else no. I’ll leave it at that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exercise: 30 minute dog walk in the rain and a longer walk at the gym for myself
    Calorie budget: Yes
    Tracking: Yes

Meditation: 2-4 minute walking meditations throughout the day, wherever I happened to be (thanks for the reminder @yellobird13 )
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    12/1 It's a new day, a new month, and a new beginning. Time to press the "reset" to begin anew.
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 20+ minutes with my virtual friend, Gilad, in Hawaii, and 50 minutes shoveling SNOW!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, on target.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

@craigo3154 So very challenging but determined of you to face your daughter's mental health issues head on. Our youngest grandson was diagnosed bi-polar at the young age of 6. Many of the medications for bi-polar disorder were designed for adults, making treatment for a child difficult with issues relating to medical insurance denials for trial medications, etc. Treatment for our grandson has literally been a trial and error process over the years, some of which has required parent counseling, individual child psychiatric counseling, behavior modification, group therapy, in patient treatment at residential facilities, group homes and special education. I'm happy to report today, on his 14th birthday, he is home with his family and back in school taking regular classes. That is not to say he is cured. There is no cure for bi-polar disorder. His illness requires continued monitoring and adjustments to medication, education, goals & objectives. Some days are better than others. You are not alone with your daughter's issues. Mental illness runs rampant among the general population with far too many cases overlooked by parents in denial. Parents can only strive to do the best they can. You and your wife are commended for being pro-active for the benefit of your daughter. I wish you nothing but success in your work and family life.

Thank you.

Living in Australia, thankfully, shovelling snow is not one of the activities I have during winter.

My daughter is suspected as having BPD (boarderline personality disorder) which is akin to DID (disociative identity disorder).

Warning: LONG description attached, read at own peril. Written because I had a need to write it, not because I need it read.
    My daughters BPD/DID is akin to constantly dreaming while being awake. At all times she is simultaneously aware of both the dream world and the real world (and able to know which is which). At any time "personalities" from the dream world can intrude into the real world, and "she" can escape into the dream world if threatened or overwhelmed. When she escapes into the dream world, dream world personalities come forward. We have seen her exhibit no fewer that 20 distinct personalities.

The biggest challenge for her (and us) is diverting the desire for self harm (which is what put her in hospital).

The source of the problems seems to stem from bullying in primary school combined with ASD (autism spectrum disorder). The school bullying myself and my wife were unaware of since the school covered it up and my daughters mind locked away the memories (self defence amnesia to trauma) ). The ASD was formally diagnosed 3 years ago, but AFTER primary school. During primary school, my daughters was made to feel her reaction to bullying was inappropriate (over reacting), especially as she was unable to recall the incidents that triggered her reaction in the first place.

The dual world situation was a mental construct for support/self defence. However, she is now unable (and unwilling) to become independent of it.

(this is an over-simplification summary - the full situation is likely worthy of a thesis).

She has an amazing capacity to cope (super-coper), but has reached her limits and finally self-imploded. It is effectively a "perfect storm" situation where if any of the components were changed, the outcome could have been radically different.

(btw, though the diagnosis process for my daughter, it was discovered I am likely ASD (but there was no recognition or diagnosis process for it 30+ years ago). In a way this helps as I can communicate with my daughter on her level. However this both explains and causes other issues (like why I get so insanely focused on topics, why I am VERY intelligent in some areas, but almost completely lacking on others, why I had to consciously teach myself how to interact with other people, etc...)).
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Thinking about @craigo3154 . Wish I could think of how to say something useful. I spent a good deal of time with kids slightly broken. All I could think to do was to give them everything I could think of. Well mostly time and interaction. I seen good things happen.
    I still got a Little Buddy on Saturdays and every day that school is out.
    He is not really developing like I had envisioned - but his spirit has changed dramatically.

@oldDogBarking. Thank you for the thoughts, and you did say something useful. Interaction is helping and eventually there will be a way through.

• UTMBdreams
    UTMBdreams Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had a great day and I'm looking forward to having a great week!

Exercise: 115 minutes including weight lifting, stationary bike and hip therapy
    Calories: I left a little over 500 calories on the table so yes
    Tracking: Tracked every morsel and only had coffee and water for fluids today......No wine!

Stellar day, Lulu...Welcome to the Group! :)
  • UTMBdreams
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Exercised?: Yes Weight training for 61 minutes and 46 minutes cardio on elliptical, 10545 steps
    Calories?: Yes 1459 out of 1648
    Tracked?: Yes

Have been on MFP since February and getting close to goal weight (1.4 to my initial goal) Eating close to maintenance calories, but have been going over on the weekends. Several trips this month so looking forward to participating with this group to stay accountable and on track through the holidays

I think this Group will help you get rid of that last 6 lb that has been trying to hang on...Great to see you, SCB. You're a true inspiration! :)
  • UTMBdreams
    edited December 2019
    Options
    UTMBdreams wrote: »
    Yes, yes, and yes! #trifecta

Reposting with proper format:

December 1
    Exercised?: Yes.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

(Sorry...newbie)

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes! #trifecta

Reposting with proper format:

December 1
    Exercised?: Yes.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

(Sorry...newbie)

Don't stress! I never use this format and they haven't kicked me out yet. Find what works for you as long as it fits the simple rules.

@craigo3154 I have a few friends with kids on the asd spectrum and they have enough challenges without the additional aspects your family is managing. Thoughts with your family as you figure out how best to help your daughter through this.