December 9 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 110minutes walk, 60 minutes weight training
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes - still doing OMAD
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • lotta7e
    lotta7e Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm out for the month because I didn't exercise today, but that won't stop me from working hard to lose weight.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    lotta7e wrote: »
    I'm out for the month because I didn't exercise today, but that won't stop me from working hard to lose weight.

@lotta7e You may not make circle, but you are still welcome here.

This challenge is about creating healthy habits. The only way to do that is to keep trying.

I maintain that UAC is the toughest challenge on MFP. Once you learn to how to succeed in this, consistently, you will maintain a healthy weight for the rest of your life. You will build habits that will build you the way you want to be.

Hope to see you post more this month.
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    PASS #1!!! Lol...
    But tomorrow is another day.
    Be strong and focused my friends.
    Rick, nice thought to remember in good times and when we lose our way during this journey. Thank you.
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I’m still going to track everything though. That should, at least, slow things down a bit and keep me rooted in reality. 😊
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    December 9

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Taking it very easy. Because I am still trying to recover.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Why did I start this journey? I was overweight by more 60 lbs. Had some relatives with diabetes and high blood pressure. From my research, I know that some diseases can be delayed or eliminated by been fit/healthy. I know I can do better and I wanted to be an example to my children.
    I have lose the weight but I also discover that it is a life style journey. That is why I joined this challenge.

My major reason is to live a healthy life style and avoid illnesses that I have control over. I don't want to be sick due to my laziness, nonchalant or complacent attitude toward the care of my health.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Over 20 mins exercise? ✅ Interval walking + Physio
    Under Calorie Gaol? ✅
    Tracked? ✅

Remaining Pass Days? 2️⃣ our of 3️⃣

I originally started because I had developed a problem in my left hip which needed surgery, and decreasing mobility had impacted my fitness/weight (227 lbs). UK NHS wouldn’t even consider surgery until I addressed the weight issue. Struggled on my own until daughters recommended MFP, and it’s been downhill weight-wise ever since. Had the hip done in September 2015 and haven’t looked back. I have now lost almost 45% of that 227lbs. 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

My focus is currently on improving strength, stamina, and flexibility. I log food and use CICO as the basis of my health/fitness regimen.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. An unplanned jog too as I was running late to pick up my daughter from nursery (US kindy or pre school?) and couldn't allow that to happen!

What an inspirational bunch you are! I'll make sure I read the rest of the posts tomorrow. I started because I had crept up to being obese and the risks that brings didnt seem fair on my family. I need to keep at the forefront of my mind that I need to make time and focus on me, as ultimately that's for them too. I often come bottom of the list after meeting everyone else's needs first e.g. "A workout will have to wait til tomorrow" etc but I'm shifting that mindset.

• Breepa123
    Breepa123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    12/8
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

12/9
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 - I started as a convert from Livestrong, which also has a good logging app. I could feel myself slipping into the great American comfort zone of being overweight and accepting it. At first the changes seemed so difficult. But I just kept at it and got my old ways back and then some. I'm far from perfect but this group helps keep me grounded!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Yes times 3
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes x3: Exercise was 60 minutes HIIT,10 minutes walking.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Elliptical trainer 16 minutes, machine workout with trainer 45 minutes
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Exercise: Yes at PT for my hip for 60 minutes and another 20 this morning doing what I can at home

Calories: Yes most days I leave about 300 on the table and I've lost about 4.5 lbs in the last 30 days which gets me pretty close to maintenance again

Tracked: Yes, tracked it all and no cookies today
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Exercise: walked dogs and took a short walk break at work.... really wanted to run after work but no energy left after household stuff
    Calories: good
    Logged: yep