December 9 Sign In

Options

Replies

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    12/9
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 20 minutes with Gilad and a 15 minute walk from my DH's PT appointment to our mechanic's garage to pick up our car from an oil change.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, and under
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (1 hr on the elliptical -- a personal best and NSV for me!

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Exercised? Yes. 35 minute walk and 30 minutes on treadmill, plus some cleaning. (13k+ steps)

Within my calorie goal? Yes. Again ate food that requires guesstimating, but I have a decent surplus so I feel pretty confident that I am under.

Tracked everything? Yeppers!

Why did I get serious about losing this time? Early this year, one of my siblings was diagnosed with cancer that is associated with obesity. (Surgery and radiation and they seem to be doing okay.)

I was only a couple pounds above normal BMI, but I have struggled with weight during my adult life (varying from normal BMI to obese), so I decided to nip recent gains before they became bigger gains. Since May, I have gone from 142.5 lbs to about 127 lbs. I have approximately 5 more to lose to get to the middle of normal BMI and back to what I weighed about 5 years ago.
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #2-
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @oldDogBarking Love your hidden post. That's some record. There's almost nothing better than being outside in nature.
  • LissaMore
    LissaMore Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dec 9

Excerised: yes, I would have taken the day off but did a 20 minute yoga video motivated for the UAC (didn't want to use a third/last pass day yet)

Calories: yes

Tracked: yes

• avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    December 9
    Exercised? YES - Crossfit Class
    Tracked? YES
    Calories? YES
    Passes Used:0/3
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Dec 9:
    Exercise >20 minutes: Yes. 35 minutes elliptical.
    Within kcal (<1800): Yes. 1373 kcal
    Track everything: Yes

I’m SOOO glad to be home (for next 3 months, yay!) and finally feeling better :) looking forward to getting back to a more normal workout regimen.

———
    Why I started... I’ve “started” using MFP quite a few times for last 3 years, but have consistently for last 3 months or so. This is my longest streak. So 3 months ago, I started again because I just couldn’t take feeling/looking awful all the time, and know the bad choices snowball for me (not exercising, eating poorly and/or too much, and drinking too much, etc).

While I still have a lot of weight to lose (~100lbs), I kind of feel like I’m still at the beginning of the process since I’ve lost 50 lbs over the last year-about 25lbs in last 3 months, so it’s still easy to remember why I started. I’ve found the UAC and other forums on MFP helpful, especially those weeks with no loss, or when not feeling like anything has changed. Thanks everyone!!
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @oldDogBarking completely agree on “Sandstorm” I love songs like that when working out, especially when they’re longer and help pass the time :)
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #2, no exercise, over calories. I was really tired, needed a day off everything. Did a washing though and defrosted the freezer. I can now start restocking it with healthy food! Working all week, will try and keep on the straight and narrow, walk at lunch time, no easy stodge meals when I get home too tired to cook, no glasses of wine because I worked so hard. ..
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 today!
    I started because I've struggled with 30 extra lbs after having my two kids, my youngest is 2 now and I made a promise to myself when I moved to BC that my lifestyle would change to reflect and set an example of what I want for my girls.
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 20 min leslie sansone, 60 min cleaning, 50 min walk
    Tracking yes Calories yes