Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE

Please welcome:

@cnweiss88

The team is growing! Please friend and welcome @cnweiss88 - and invite them to join the remainder of the December chat. Enjoy!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Bethanie, good loss!

Merry Christmas @TeresaW1020 !

@cnweiss88 Welcome to the team!

Calories over
    Exercise- core/stretching
    Water- over

5 for 90
    1. Gym- didn't go today
    2. Exercise 30 minutes- barely did that
    3. Decluttering none
    4. Trigger foods- ate 'em. Not as much as I normally would but still ate a lot. I'm actually wondering if I'm having reactions to certain foods since I only feel this lousy when I have them, meaning dairy (cheese in particular) or chocolate, but since I'm way over on calories perhaps I'm just not used to being overly full. Weirdly I've found when I'm unable to eat my usual I crave fruit and vegetables. I'm stuffed from dinner/dessert but could chow on a salad if I wasn't so far over calories!
    5. Upcoming goals- get through tomorrow's all day nephew's party, stick with plain popcorn at theater and just a couple vegetarian slices of pizza, cake, then back on track Friday!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Bethanie, good loss!

Merry Christmas @TeresaW1020 !

@cnweiss88 Welcome to the team!

Calories over
    Water- over

5 for 90
    1. Gym- didn't go today
    2. Exercise 30 minutes- barely did that
    3. Decluttering none
    4. Trigger foods- ate 'em. Not as much as I normally would but still ate a lot. I'm actually wondering if I'm having reactions to certain foods since I only feel this lousy when I have them, meaning dairy (cheese in particular) or chocolate, but since I'm way over on calories perhaps I'm just not used to being overly full. Weirdly I've found when I'm unable to eat my usual I crave fruit and vegetables. I'm stuffed from dinner/dessert but could chow on a salad if I wasn't so far over calories!
    5. Upcoming goals- get through tomorrow's all day nephew's party, stick with plain popcorn at theater and just a couple vegetarian slices of pizza, cake, then back on track Friday!

@Katmary71 good luck today! Dialing back is a process, and you're already thinking ahead to Friday. I have the same experience - I crave things that are better for me when I am indulging in the foods that I don't ordinarily eat.
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Kayla7303
    Last week 200.8
    This week 195.6
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Thursday weigh in week 4 (26Dec2019)
    Previous weight: 190.9
    Current weight: 192.7 (booo!)
    steps 12/23 7,520 - 12/24 15,029 - 12/25 10,073

Boy, I sure do wish I had copied my list and checked in yesterday as MFP note didn't save! =< I recreated some but not all. Haven't checked in for a few days so here goes. Christmas Eve was a monumental OVER on calories - I didn't close the diary because I didn't want to have MFP mock me with a prediction of me weighing 300 pounds in 5 weeks 'if every day was like today'!!!!! I think I just decided in the moment to be ok with over on calories but you never know how many it will turn out to be when you go that route and eat things normally avoided. I was happy to have not eaten crazy amounts of anything and I didn't get myself way too full but, let's face it - cheese balls, truffles and eggnog will always be laden with fat, sugar and useless calories.

Christmas was much better choices and it wasn't hard to be in a more normal pattern. I did go over the cals by around 115. I'm more disappointed about that than the Christmas Eve decisions, to be honest, as it didn't really need to be. I was a little hungry after dinner while watching tv but not anything big. I just didn't resist that night urge.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    12/26
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197
    Todays Weight:198

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: somewhat Crazy numbers
    Steps : 4845
    Exercise:

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    4845 steps. 5500 goal steps
    2.11 miles
    2199 burned calories
    0 active
    74 sleep score
    65 resting sleep
    1781 calories consumed

Macros…Carb 35% goal 40%, Fat 43% goal 30%, Protein 22% goal 30%

Basic Goals
    30 active minutes:
    Complete food diary: ✔️
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): ✔️
    Stay below mfp sugar goal:
    Meet fiber in range:
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (11/27): 198.8
    Check in weight (12/4): 199.6
    Check in weight (12/11): 200.6
    Check in weight (12/18): 198.2
    Check in weight (12/25): 198.6
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I got a kick out of you not wanting to close your diary, the 5 week prediction freaked me out and I probably forgot to log a few things!

Way to go those of you that lost weight this week and maintained!

Nothing new here, trying to preplan this kid's party. I'm wondering if I could order a salad from the pizza place without offending people. The food was delicious the last couple days but I miss my usual way of eating and not feeling lousy afterward. I guess vegetarian pizza isn't bad, it would test my theory about being cheese sensitive.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Thursday check in
    *mini goal* I haven't stated this out loud here but I do have a mini goal to be under 190 by the end of the year - 189.9 is all it takes! => I may or may not make that goal but I'm going to own being more dedicated to it as I ride out the last few days of 2019.

@Katmary71 I almost always realize I missed something when there's been a throw down! For tomorrow - what are the chances that either no one would notice your salad or after initially noticing would immediately not care? It's hard to appear to be the odd man out but then again, most of us are too busy worrying about ourselves to spend much time on what other folks are doing... => One of my mottos: "what I do for me is not done against others."

Had quite a nice discovery thought (my term for my wandering thoughts that turn epiphanous)
    while having an urge to eat this evening. Urge is not all together accurate as I was (am) hungry but, like last night, it's not actually a big deal - it's simply there. Well, I realized there was a subconscious conversation surrounding having a little, or a few bites or, whatever. It was like suddenly discovering two friends have been talking about you only...it was me and me conspiring against me!! I let that sink in and realized that while I didn't want to eat based on the goals, I did want to eat based on the tummy. There was a decision to be made but I hadn't made it and I was close to making it - by not taking a stand and drawing a line and what side of the line I wanted to land on. I decided to decide and, I decided to be ok with it either way. In the end, I didn't need to eat and just facing this whole thing instead of allowing myself the luxury of being swept away in it, made it make complete sense. Note to self: wash, rinse, repeat.

Prelog 3 meals? B no, L and D yes - all on plan
    Times? B 1030a, L 2p, D 7p
    Non-planned eating? 530p, between lunch and dinner, pimento cheese and chips was not planned
    Thoughts during overeats? i was hungry and dinner was going to take a while. decided to change some foods already logged to account for the extra. Ended up forgoing the evening drink
    Thoughts?
    Mood?
    Obstacles?
    Hunger? normal hungry before every meal, very hungry ahead of dinner
    1% effort today? ate when hungry before dinner with a plan, gave up the alcohol. planned all meals ahead of eating
    Things that went right? started thinking about 2020 goals. I started having night time eating craving at 830 or 9. The quiet voice in my head was all about maybe a bite here or there or something small, etc. I was not happy about it. I realized what was happening and asked myself - what do you want to do? Do you want to eat and get on with it or decide not to eat? So - I decided I didn't want to eat and the urge became much better and doable for ignoring
    Exercise? 3 mile walk by the river [steps logged the next day] (steps 25Dec19 10,073)
    Sleep? 1215a-745a [log the morning after]
    Nighttime eats? nope! and it was much easier not to after facing that a decision needed to be made because what I was doing was *not* making a decision which was a much harder space to be in than just choosing one or the other and then living with whatever decision there was. I've evidently been deciding by virtue of not making a decision.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I hope you succeed at reaching your goal! If you don't you'll still be closer to it in 5 days so it's worth fighting for. Glad you managed to fight the temptation of getting swept away and eating just to eat.

I'm really getting fed up mostly with myself when it comes to going along to not make waves when eating versus making a decision to bring my own food or just refusing to eat something. I'm going to be faced with this again on New Year's.Today I could've planned better, the food I was "allowing " myself to have didn't taste great, I just ate it because I was hungry. Ordering salad wasn't an option with dinner but there was salad, I just couldn't eat it all! Lesson for the day is the only stuff that was worth being over calories were the healthiest of the choices, the rest was a letdown.

Check-in
    Calories- over
    Water- over

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- not happening this week
    2. Work out 30 minutes- barely made it, thought I'd have time to work out after party but it went later than expected.
    3. decluttering- none
    4. Trigger foods- This will sound silly because I did have candy and popcorn at the movies, but I really wanted to buy a box of Butterfinger candy but knew I'd eat the whole thing so I fought the urge. I went through half a tin of Altoids fighting the urge but that's 100 calories to 1000! Have a couple pieces of chocolate in the house but went straight to my tea instead which signals the day winding down.
    5. Upcoming goals- probably won't go to gym so do weights, core, stretching, bike or workout video.

• davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 280
    Todays Weight: 280
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight:208.4
    Todays Weight: 210.0

Ugghhh eggnog, fruitcake, wine, and rich foods are so tasty until I step on the scale. I haven't been tracking all week and I caught a cold on Christmas Eve so I haven't even been working out. :/ But today is a new day! I'm putting myself back on the track and next week's weigh-in WILL be better!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Hey @TeresaW1020 - 1 1/2 pounds is not a big uptick in the grand scheme of things. It'll be back off before you know it! I love that you weighed in and are back on track!
    ozgdcq75sgea.gif

@davors19 - Nice job holding steady over a holiday week! 👍🏾

@Katmary71 -
    Lesson for the day is the only stuff that was worth being over calories were the healthiest of the choices, the rest was a letdown.
    🤓 This is such a great thing to notice for yourself! And for me, at least, reinforcing this with myself has made it easier, over time, to more often skip the calorie-dense and not-very-satisfying choices.
    4. Trigger foods- This will sound silly because I did have candy and popcorn at the movies, but I really wanted to buy a box of Butterfinger candy but knew I'd eat the whole thing so I fought the urge. I went through half a tin of Altoids fighting the urge but that's 100 calories to 1000! Have a couple pieces of chocolate in the house but went straight to my tea instead which signals the day winding down.
    This is brilliance! This does NOT sound silly!
    3bngyidt8226.gif

@raleighgirl09 - I love your mini goal! And regardless of whether you meet the goal, your taking the actions to move yourself that direction creates progress! You go, girl! ❤️👍🏾

@leonadixon - So now you are down a smidge from Thanksgiving week! How awesome is that! 😮

@mrmcgrath - Hurray you for continuing your logging, hydration and checkin despite holiday craziness! 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

@Kayla7303 - 💥 Boom! Great weigh-in!
    pcdxk1rndngz.gif
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

I'm really getting fed up mostly with myself when it comes to going along to not make waves when eating versus making a decision to bring my own food or just refusing to eat something. I'm going to be faced with this again on New Year's.Today I could've planned better, the food I was "allowing " myself to have didn't taste great, I just ate it because I was hungry. Ordering salad wasn't an option with dinner but there was salad, I just couldn't eat it all! Lesson for the day is the only stuff that was worth being over calories were the healthiest of the choices, the rest was a letdown.

I can attest to how hard this feels when in the moment - I brought my own lunch to my office catered lunch for Thanksgiving this year. And even in a supportive environment, it made me a little nervous and I felt very self-conscious. I found it was ok and when I thought about it later, I realized that the one who was most affected was me. Did others take note and make mention...? They did. Did any of that change the great luncheon environment...? It did not. =>
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @davors19 great job maintaining!

@TeresaW1020 Hope you're feeling better, you got this!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain and @raleighgirl09 thank you for your support!

Calories- under
    Exercise- bike, core and stretching, dance
    Water- not as high as usual but will have a few cups of herbal tea before bed.

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- didn't happen but lifted at home
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day- done
    3. Decluttering- none today
    4. Trigger foods- none, not really hungry today for a change and actually not craving the truffle and chocolate squares in the pantry
    5. Goals- come up with yearly goals
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Friday Check-in
    Calories: under (yay!) and all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: 48 min. outdoor walk (yippee!) and 18 min platform stepping (double yippee!)
    Steps (target 7500): over!

Daily Goals
    1. Meditate ✔️
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Practice ❌
    5. Thankful ✔️ that a long drive in dark and fog this morning went safely, that I found the place I was going on time, and the drive home was safe.

Goals and Improvements for Saturday:
    - Stick with my food plan, measure and log everything, stay at/under calories
    - Martial arts practice at home
    - Outdoor walk or more platform stepping
    - Trip to the gym to lift weights - finally!
    - Deep cleaning in kitchen -get rid of some of the holiday stuff
    - Work on decluttering my closet (get that donation made before year-end)

@Katmary71 - I am inspired by your comment. I am going to go make myself a big mug of herbal tea!

And, yes, I need to work on my 2020 Goals!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,781 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 215
    Todays Weight: 220
    had a bad week have to start logging again
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Friday check in (kinda late!)

First off - thank you to everyone who has been able to come in and post over the past few days! It's not easy to fit it in with everything else going on, and I'm appreciative to have had it available to come to!

@Kayla7303 - fantastic weigh in!!!
    @leonadixon - I love how you stack the month all up on weight so you can see how it all came out at the end - nice job for December!
    @mrmcgrath - it's interesting, my macro stats look the same, typically: under on carbs and over on fat. I'm not trying to do that, it just works out that way. I do tend to not eat really carby in general so that even when I have rice, for example, the impact on the whole day is to not be super carby. I think this is because my hubby avoids them and even though we each eat what we want to, we also have some influence on one another's intake
    @davors19 - great job maintaining over the holidays!
    @Katmary71 #4 - nirvana!!! =>
    @AustinRuadhain - glad you had safe travels! I also need to do my 2020 goals, an exercise I often avoid all together because I am always afraid I just won't follow through or I'll forget or something. I'll follow in the footsteps of you and @Katmary71 and will add them to my journaling on 01-01-2020 so that I know where to find them to check on myself later. Not checking on myself later is part of how I end up not following goals!!
    @TeresaW1020 - I so get this sentiment of how good things taste and then feel awful when you weigh! I am not happy that my super indulge day of Christmas Eve resulted in a 3 pound gift on Christmas day that I have yet been able to get past. Easy come, easy go....? No, it's more like easy come, work hard to undo the results for way longer than I'd like to
    @Digger61 - you've got this and will be right back at it!!

My late journal from yesterday below.
    I'm a bit frustrated with the night eating last night. Not the what half so much as the doing the trigger behavior! Tonight I'll pre-plan an apple and some fiber to tone down any actual hunger (there was some but I don't know why as I had a good amount of food at lunch and dinner) and see if that works or helps.

Prelog 3 meals? B no but on plan, L and D yes
    Times? B 10a, L 115p, D 6p
    Non-planned eating? after dinner
    Thoughts during overeats? mostly just hoped that a few bites would conquer the urge and bring on whatever satisfied feeling that is to accomplish it
    Thoughts? thinking a lot about having a mini goal of 189.9 by NY day and what can i do to move in that direction
    Mood?
    Obstacles? toe started hurting after the walk - toe pain why are you back? Going to have to start wearing the toe hat again
    Hunger? no undue hunger for the most part - seemed fine all day and only felt undue hunger/urge at night
    1% effort today? being mindful that when i want to eat off plan, i need to decide what I will do and make it in a way that i want to live it, make it doable. This was good all day until the night time when I just wanted to eat
    Things that went right? prelogged a lot, preplanned all meals, journaled, was hungry when i ate and satisfied when i stopped, planned a bigger lunch and dinner to hopefully avoid night eating (didn't work but I was trying)
    Exercise? 3 mile walk by the river [steps logged the next day] (steps 26Dec2019 10,723)
    Sleep? 1245a-8a [log the morning after]
    Nighttime eats? yes - not as much as it could have been but I didn't do a couple things I should have. Eat an apple, drink some fiber - that is on the agenda for 28Dec2019
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Today is our last family gathering for this Holiday Season. I am thankful it is at my house and it will be easier to control what types of food there will be. I have set up a taco bar with healthy and unhealthy options. And sweets should not be too much of an issue since I didn’t make any dairy or gluten free ones!

Official Weigh In. 12/28
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197.6
    Todays Weight

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macros: somewhat Decent
    Exercise: Stationary Bike