Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Way to go, @FatimaStartsAllOver!! :star:
  • crystalbarton31
    crystalbarton31 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot to weigh myself last Sunday, and then all of this week I was so busy with Christmas I forgot too... Now my new weigh in day is tomorrow but I don't have a weight for this week.... I'd like to be carried over into January but how can I do that without a weight?!
  • Cspdb3
    Cspdb3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cspdb3
    December Week 4
    PW: 237.3
    CW: 236.7
  • kiadams317750
    kiadams317750 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kiadams317750
    December week 4
    PW:259
    CW:265

I feel like a yo yo this month, from holiday indulgences, physical sickness, and stress eating through monthly work deadlines my body is complaining about my treatment of it! This week is back to healthy sane living!
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    @kiadams317750, you're not alone. Way to rebound and get back into the game!! :heart:

@Cspdb3, nice loss! Congrats! :star:

@crystalbarton31, weigh in tomorrow as usual. You're good! :smile:
  • Cspdb3
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 min elliptical and bike and then strength training
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options

I posted this on my FB page today wearing the same top and jeans. I'm hoping to be able to post an "after" photo in December of 2020 as well.
    ba768gyvce5w.jpg
    @BonnieHosk85. Awesome work. Gradual weight loss is generally the one that remains.

Look forward to the Dec 2020 pic where there is less of you again.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@Cspdb3
    @FatimaStartsAllOver
    @Kiadams317750
    @matthewsfive
    @BonnieHosk85

Please post using this template:
    Username
    December Week 4
    PW:
    CW:

Still need to hear from these folks for week 4 weigh-in (let me know if I've missed your WI):
    @crystalbarton31
    @Keepingtrack1234
    @dmfaler
    @MayaVDM
    @MMMonk

Hi!!! I'm so sorry! We have been out of town and I've not logged in at all! But here's my weigh in from last wednesday, Christmas day.
    Keepingtrack1234
    December Week 4
    PW: I don't remember!!! Sorry!!
    CW: 139.2
    After the last 4 days in sure january week 1 will be a gain hahaha!!! I hope everyone is good.
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85. Awesome work. Gradual weight loss is generally the one that remains.
    Look forward to the Dec 2020 pic where there is less of you again.

Thanks, @craigo3154!!

@Keepingtrack1234, you were 139.0, so only up .2! Nice work! We have five weeks this month so one more week before we start the new year thread.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    December 29
    Exercised?: Yes (5 km in 40 mins - hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Warm today. Mainly resting injured leg, but still went walking. Can tell it's not 100%, but it has improved since yesterday. Likely was a pinched nerve instead of a strain.

Lacking all motivation today. Took a lot of willpower to start walk, but 10 minutes in finally felt OK.
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Good morning! Today starts Week 5 for December. Let's give it all we've got and start out strong in January!!

Looking for a weigh-in from:

@crystalbarton31

Username
    December Week 5
    PW:
    CW:
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 29 minutes walking Ollie
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I posted this on my FB page today wearing the same top and jeans. I'm hoping to be able to post an "after" photo in December of 2020 as well.
    ba768gyvce5w.jpg

Amazing transformation! This is inspiring!😁
  • Cspdb3
    Options
    Exercised?: Yes, 30 treadmill
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    .... Feeling out of control at the moment. When I'm good I'm good but when I'm bad I'm terrible 😯

@Colleen790. (and other Gutbusters). I want to let you in on a little secret.

TBL is not about losing weight.

Its a ruse, a bait-and-switch, a red herring.

TBL is actually about learning how to maintain health (both physically and mentally).

We all have good and bad days, weeks or even months. It's what you do AFTER the bad times that is important. Getting back to plan. Getting back on schedule. AND NOT BEATING YOURSELF UP ABOUT IT.

What is important is to learn what works for you and what you can live with doing. Changing the "bad" habits of a lifetime. Finding other ways to cope with nerves, stress, anxiety without emotional eating.

TBL is not something you "win". It's a process by which you can learn.

You may be terrible when bad now. However, look at this as a way to learn how to be LESS terrible when bad.

Also put the bad behind you and credit yourself for the good you do. I've found the terrible is never so bad that the good ALWAYS, MORE than makes up for it.

Thanks @ Craigo3154 for these encouraging words. This is very helpful to me. I have always been a Yo Yo dieter. I do also battle with anxiety and emotional eating. I went today and signed up again at the gym for 6 months. Most of the Christmas treats are gone. I'm committed to getting back on track after New Years Day.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    December 30
    Exercised?: No (40+C degrees (104F) by 1:00pm, did not walk early enough and too hot later)

Really missed the walk today. Head has not been in the game all day (possibly due to the heat). May do a morning and evening tomorrow just to keep mind in order.

Fortunately, leg is feeling a lot better, can lift and move it without manhandling or pain.

Will try get some good sleep tonight.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    .... Feeling out of control at the moment. When I'm good I'm good but when I'm bad I'm terrible 😯

@Colleen790. (and other Gutbusters). I want to let you in on a little secret.

TBL is not about losing weight.

Its a ruse, a bait-and-switch, a red herring.

TBL is actually about learning how to maintain health (both physically and mentally).

We all have good and bad days, weeks or even months. It's what you do AFTER the bad times that is important. Getting back to plan. Getting back on schedule. AND NOT BEATING YOURSELF UP ABOUT IT.

What is important is to learn what works for you and what you can live with doing. Changing the "bad" habits of a lifetime. Finding other ways to cope with nerves, stress, anxiety without emotional eating.

TBL is not something you "win". It's a process by which you can learn.

You may be terrible when bad now. However, look at this as a way to learn how to be LESS terrible when bad.

Also put the bad behind you and credit yourself for the good you do. I've found the terrible is never so bad that the good ALWAYS, MORE than makes up for it.

Thanks @ Craigo3154 for these encouraging words. This is very helpful to me. I have always been a Yo Yo dieter. I do also battle with anxiety and emotional eating. I went today and signed up again at the gym for 6 months. Most of the Christmas treats are gone. I'm committed to getting back on track after New Years Day.

@Colleen790. Emotional eating is VERY common.
    - You are feeling sad, have a cookie.
    - Time to celebrate, sweets, cakes, soft-drink, wine and beer.
    - Comfort food, chocolate, ice cream, hot baked bread.

The challenge is finding way to comfort or celebrate WITHOUT high calorie food. These are the habits of a lifetime. They take time to change.

I don't diet. Diet assumes that you will come off it and adopt a different way of eating to when you were on a diet. I eat the same in maintenance and doing weight adjustment as I did losing weight at my fastest. The ONLY difference is the portion sizes and exercise load.

I'm glad you enjoy the gym. A lot of people sign up for gym memberships then seldom use them (especially around new year). Make the most of the gym and use it to help make you fitter and stronger.

Last point is not to confuse workout with the allowance for more calories. Work out machines frequently OVER estimate the calorie burn. As you get more familiar with gym equipment, you also get more efficient and burn less doing the same exercise. The best way to lose weight when working out regularly at the gym is to still eat the same as what you did before you were regularly working out at the gym. Only when you get to the phases of maintenance and re-composition should the diet alter with exercise.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @craigo3154 Thanks again for the tips and good advice. I actually prefer to exercise at home but with the high temperatures here in Australia I thought I'd go to the gym for the air conditioning mainly. Yes, I followed that "Eat more to lose weight" idea that was being pushed at the time. Eat back your exercise calories. MFP friends saying you need to eat more. Doesn't work for me.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@audreypawdrey
    @BB_1033
    @Coccolino30
    @looneycatblue

Username
    December Week 5
    PW: