2020 Goals / Aspirations!

Options
What fitness aspirations do you have for this year? If you’re willing to share them, we can celebrate as you hit milestones along the way! Im still thinking through mine...

Replies

• adoucet15
    adoucet15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I’d like consistency with my IF diet.

And to see my six pack!

The body V would be nice too 🙏🏾

• dudleycallison
    dudleycallison Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    New all-around health goals for 2020 are now set:
    1. Consistent workout days set, adding strength training to cardio
    2.Vacation days booked, including solo retreats
    3. Weekly clean food grocery list made
    4. Commitment from mutual friends to connect regularly
    5. Devotional readings purchased
    6. Weight loss goal of 26.4 lbs
  • Mamita_Vibes
    Mamita_Vibes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Baby steps for me...
    1. Complete my food diary EVERY day....being aware of how much I eat is mind blowing 🤯
    2. ANY type of exercise at least 3 days per week
    3. Cut back on drinks and foods with added sugar...hopefully quit over time
  • Weigo2020
    Weigo2020 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Aspiration is to stick to the plan and not cheat on and off. In fact I’m considering a cap on cheat days per month. Meal planning and logging are half the battle for me so I’m going also make sure I make time for that.
  • Zella132
    Zella132 Posts: 131 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    2019 started off close to my goal weight. It turned out to be an unexpectedly difficult year and most of the healthy habits slowly trickled away. My weight went up. I know what to do and I'm dealing much better with 2019 now. The best part is knowing how good I feel when I'm living well.

So my 2020 aspirations are to return to whole foods (nothing or very little highly processed), no alcohol and a more active lifestyle. I will include strength training this year. (No excuses with the equipment in the house.)
  • dudleycallison
    dudleycallison Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good insights on ‘19 @Zella132 and a good sense of resolve regarding 2020. I do hope you reach all of your goals this year. I like your statement “how good I feel when I’m living well.”
  • squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Need to sharpen my focus. Grateful for many goals accomplished in 2019. Clean, lean and mean for 2020...including my house Lol 😂
    1. Prayer/Meditate/Reflection/Forgiveness and practice Mindful eating to help lower cortisol.
    2. Better sleep with quality and quantity.
    3. 8000 steps daily. SMFR, yoga, and sauna everyday. Weights 2x week. Swimming 4x week. Jump on trampoline once a week.
    4. Daily routines to be upheld with cooking and cleaning between traveling for jobs with no excuses!
  • Zella132
    Options
    squirley13 wrote: »
    Need to sharpen my focus. Grateful for many goals accomplished in 2019. Clean, lean and mean for 2020...including my house Lol 😂
    1. Prayer/Meditate/Reflection/Forgiveness and practice Mindful eating to help lower cortisol.
    3. 8000 steps daily. SMFR, yoga, and sauna everyday. Weights 2x week. Swimming 4x week. Jump on trampoline once a week.
    4. Daily routines to be upheld with cooking and cleaning between traveling for jobs with no excuses!

Great goals. "Better sleep with quality and quantity" tends to be the key for me keeping everything else on track!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Im doing short term quarterly goals.
    My goals to attain my March 31 are:
    1. 3 pull ups (achieved my first ever on 12-28-19)
    2. Sleep 7.5 hours nightly (particularly difficult for me since I wake up at 4:35am)
    3. Work towards benching my weight by June 30
    4. Drink only on weekends, 4 drinks max.
    5. Continue working out 6 days a week, with Saturday as my rest day.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of quarterly goals.

My January to March goals are:
    • To log everything- the good, the bad, and the ugly
    • To drink my water- work up to 64 ounces (starting from zero)
    • To move more every day than the day before (starting from nearly zero)
    • Good sleep of at least 7 hours per night (this one is highest priority)
    • To journal every day
  • Weigo2020
    Options
    Great idea! My first quarter goals are:

1). Eat less fats: stay within mfp’s budget.
    2). Log everything! Including restaurant food! And even when I’m going over budget.
    3). Move every day even if it’s not a full workout
    4). Stop being so critical of myself
  • Zella132
    Options
    Zella132 wrote: »
    So my 2020 aspirations are to return to whole foods (nothing or very little highly processed), no alcohol and a more active lifestyle. I will include strength training this year. (No excuses with the equipment in the house.)

1. Whole foods: This part is going well and when I'm leaving highly processed foods out of my lifestyle, I also have very few crazy cravings.
    2. No alcohol: This one's been compromised a little. I've included this back in moderation. Logging my calories help keep it in moderation.
    3. More active lifestyle: Going well
    4. Strength training: This one isn't going well yet.
  • squirley13
    Options

1. Whole foods: This part is going well and when I'm leaving highly processed foods out of my lifestyle, I also have very few crazy cravings.
    2. No alcohol: This one's been compromised a little. I've included this back in moderation. Logging my calories help keep it in moderation.
    3. More active lifestyle: Going well
    4. Strength training: This one isn't going well yet.

👍 Great job being accountable to yourself and checking your behaviors in the middle of month! You made me realize I need to do the same!! Thank you 😊
  • squirley13
    Options

Whoa 😯 I haven’t been as good as I thought 💭 I have been trying to be more relaxed and conscientious when eating but I need to have more gratitude and grace. I haven’t had that much good sleep 🛏 in 2 weeks but last 3 days have been on track hence why the scale dropped a pound this week. Need to be better at foam rolling as it is amazing how it jumps my heart rate just lying there and the benefits are great. I haven’t jumped on any of my trampolines. (I’m blaming the snow ❄️ but I’m being lazy and careless.) My cooking 🍳 is fantastic but my cleaning 🧹 is slacking and lacking! 😬 and I have made too many excuses! I NEED to be be stronger than my excuses! One excuse has been I need to not be so stressed from cleaning for my drives in bad weather. Blah 😒 blah Ok I just 🦵 kicked my butt to get in gear! Now I will play the fight song marathon to stay motivated!
  • klb6733
    klb6733 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I aim to lose a reasonable amount of weight and keep it off throughout the year. My goal is 25 but if I can keep 10 lbs off I’ll be happy too.
    I know I can do it and because I pledge to think positive thoughts throughout my weight loss journey and put in some hard work I know I will.
    I need to work at overall health and happiness for myself.

My goals:
    Eat healthier and conscientiously
    Put in some time at the gym
    Be reasonable
    Act kindly towards myself and others
    And most importantly to stay positive.

It has been helpful to read everyone’s goals and aspirations. Keep up the good work!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Im doing short term quarterly goals.
    My goals to attain my March 31 are:
    1. 3 pull ups (achieved my first ever on 12-28-19)
    2. Sleep 7.5 hours nightly (particularly difficult for me since I wake up at 4:35am)
    3. Work towards benching my weight by June 30
    4. Drink only on weekends, 4 drinks max.
    5. Continue working out 6 days a week, with Saturday as my rest day.

Working steadily towards my goals.
    Struggling most with #2, but hitting it at least 5/7 days.
  • squirley13
    Options

Ok 👌 Revaluation time!!! Not doing great I have to admit. Need refocusing! I need to be more diligent with all of these goals. I guess I’m not changing them yet but I just need to be reminded of them daily so I will write them on calendar! Need to get back to track 🏃‍♀️ for target 🎯 goals 🥅
  • Weigo2020
    Options
    Me too
  • squirley13
    Options
    Hope all here are doing ok and staying well. OK losing weight is still my goal but being strong physically and mentally is more important. My sleeping is horrible now! I’m jumping on the trampolines in my backyard more than ever. My downstairs that was my workout space shifted over the years and I can’t get to it. I need to do workout videos in living room but so not cool with family home. I take walks but I’m depressed since my dog died in December. Can’t seem to reset goals. Anyone want to share their journey changes?