World Carnivore Month Anyone?

FIT_Goat
FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
For those who don't already know, there is a small but dedicated group of carnivores on here. And, there are others who have done it in the past and had great results. January is World Carnivore Month. It is a great time to really get serious and establish a new baseline.

How many people would be interested?

We would have check-in threads on here weekly. Where we could all log our progress, NSVs, and other stuff. If you want, there is a private group for those who wish to share with a smaller amount of people.

I can post details in a bit, and answer any questions you may have in this discussion. But, the basic idea is meat and water. No plant foods.

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    We would be up for this but we've found our body can't quite do it. When we did a month of strict carnivore we ended up with unbearable constipation.

For now we're about 90% carnivore... that's a guesstimate but on average we only consume 50 - 60 grams of raw spinach per day, and mainly use it as a garnish to meat. In fact when we look at the MFP 'reports' under carbs, the first non-meat entry is cayene pepper, after eggs, bacon, & chicken wings.

So, we're following along with interest, but don't feel we 'qualify' to participate.
  • Chillycatmansmum
    Chillycatmansmum Posts: 13 Member
    I am in
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I’m in, ready for a challenge and will be very interested to see my results this time around.

I’ve been mostly carnivore up to Christmas (which totally derailed me but never mind). So I was eating plants 1-2 times a week but sticking to meat eggs and dairy the rest of the time.

I’ve actually had issues with full carnivore before, I kept struggling with really low energy problems, I must have tried about six times! I suspect it was down to just not eating enough since my mostly carnivore experiment went very well and I really doubt I was eating enough plants to give me a significant amount of nutrition.

So here goes, let’s see what happens.
  • FIT_Goat
    Looks like it will be a small group of us. I'll post a follow up thread in a week. We can use this one for stuff this week.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I'm toying with the idea. No coffee though?!?!
  • FIT_Goat
    You can drink coffee. I would just be careful not to drink coffee instead of eating, when hungry.
  • macchiatto
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    You can drink coffee. I would just be careful not to drink coffee instead of eating, when hungry.

Ok, that sounds doable then. :)
  • macchiatto
    Oh and sorry, somehow I missed the point about water, coffee or tea the first time.
  • FIT_Goat
    There are people who are super strict, no coffee/dairy/spices/etc. but that is mostly when dealing with health issues and not just weight loss.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I’ve come down with a cold and had to take a day off work today as I’ve been feeling so ill but am very proud of myself as I haven’t used it as an excuse to eat any of the left over treats from Christmas sitting in my kitchen!

I had plain Greek yogurt for breakfast, crispy bacon and cheese for lunch and my appetite seems to be returning this evening so I am now cooking up some sausages, more bacon and a cheese omelette. So I’m doing comfort food carnivore style!

Not an ideal day food wise, ideally I would want some variation in meats but ok considering I’m not feeling well and haven’t wanted to eat much all day. Drinks have been black coffee and water with a slice of lemon, I’m assuming the lemon is acceptable.
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Yep, I'm in. To be sure I was doing it somewhat wrong before as I was ingesting large amounts of artificial sweeteners, i.e. diet sodas, and too much alcohol, which are both eliminated now. Of course I am keeping with my coffee, if somewhat diminished as I USED to put a lot of sweetener and fake creamer in it. As this is day 3 I am still somewhat craving the junk, but I'm making it.

I look forward to the month, and the group activities. Carnivore on!
  • FIT_Goat
    I have been busy the last couple days. My mom has been car shopping and she finally finished. Then she gave me her old car, so I had to go and get that registered and insured. Then do a bunch of errands. It is not a new car, by any means, but it replaces my 2002.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    @FIT_Goat's new-to-him vehicle: :D
    1ihr9i4ssc2a.png
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    I’m Keto typically under 20 net grams of carbs per day that’s mostly meat but I do eat cheese, broccoli, cauliflower and occasionally a salad. I also really like Coffeemate SugarFree Hazelnut creamer + MCT oil in my coffee with this I’m also mostly OMAD. Some say the calories in my coffee is a second meal but it works for me where I’m not hungry until dinner. This diet has been great for stabilizing by BG but I was thinking of trying a week or maybe stretch to a month of eating nothing but meat just to see how it feels. Maybe just eat a steak once a day plus my coffee concoction. It may not qualify as carnivore but I think I’ll give it a try for at least a week. Maybe if that works I’ll cut the coffee creamer and MCT oil, as unimaginable as that seems right now.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @FIT_Goat's new-to-him vehicle: :D
    1ihr9i4ssc2a.png

:joy:
  • FIT_Goat
    That would be cool, except people would keep trying to come up and get my meat.
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Add me to the list. Actually started carnivore three weeks ago and really enjoy it. Mainly eat eggs, hamburger, and rib eyes. One Diet Pepsi with lunch at work. Still waiting to see any results with weight loss, as well if my aching joints improve.
  • FIT_Goat
    A heavy leg day always seems to show up on the scale the next day, for me. I knew it would be rough today, because my legs were like jelly yesterday evening. Tomorrow will probably be worse, physically, but today it showed up on the scale.
  • FIT_Goat
    Man, what is it about the new year that brings out the phony experts. If I have one more person message me (usually on reddit) about how their diet should be considered zerocarb (when it isn't), I am going to lose it.