No booze challenge!

Options
cgcrutch
cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
Anyone want to join me in a fast from alcohol? I'll admit, I'm the type who has a nightcap, or 3 depending on the day I've endured. Usually unflavored alcohol with club soda or Coke zero. I just about polished off my bottle from last month, not gonna buy another til the real Mardi Gras festivities pick up in February! Who's down for 30 days dry?!

Replies

• ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I’m with you! As long as I don’t lose points for those 2am drinks on NYE. Haven’t touched alcohol since.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oh this is easy for me. I never was much of an alcohol drinker and I haven't touched any in two years.
  • ploomka
    Options
    Oh this is easy for me. I never was much of an alcohol drinker and I haven't touched any in two years.
    Yes!! Great job! Do you mind sharing some benefits you’ve realized from this? I need inspiration!!

• shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ploomka wrote: »
    Yes!! Great job! Do you mind sharing some benefits you’ve realized from this? I need inspiration!!

Benefits - You mean besides not spending money on drinks? :p That's a major plus for me.

Even when I did imbibe it might have been three or four drinks spread out over an entire year. Like I said, I never was much on alcohol even when I was younger. It just doesn't do anything for me.

I never was one for bars or clubs. I always found most drunk people to be obnoxious and it's just not something I can deal with for very long. A drink or two with friends once in a while was okay but I just can't do the club and bar scene.

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    @ploomka & @cgcrutch - I’m in! I’ve been vacationing in Switzerland, France, Italy for a few weeks and I think I’ve had more wine than water.
    Time to alcohol fast!

Today would be my day 1. Our skin will thank us!
  • ploomka
    Options
    @Safari_Gal_ yassss welcome!! That sounds like it was really fun though!!

@shelbydodgeguy haha good point. I mean, honestly, that’s enough of a reason right there.

First big test comes for me on Friday. Birthday party. Then on the 25th I’m going to a concert at a bar. Lord, give me strength!!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    So far so good here ... keep strong on the weekend ladies! :)
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I decided I did not enjoy it enough to make it worth the cost. This was 10 or 11 years ago. I don't drink anyway, so it is not much of a challenge to join you.
  • cgcrutch
    Options
    I feel like I could use a drink now! Before dawn on Sunday morning 😒 HOW do I have anxiety in my SLEEP?? the past few months have been trying for me, I thought I was on an upswing but NOPE. It never ends! Feels like everything that can go wrong (even stuff I wouldn't think could go wrong) does. And the millisecond I'm conscious the worry and negative feelings come back and prevent me from going back to sleep... Guess I'll listen to loa meditation til sunup 😔
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I am in! I like my wine, and if it is in the house I often have a glass while I am cooking supper. Sometimes a glass later in the evening.
  • ploomka
    Options
    Made it through the party without alcohol! Next I have a work travel thing I’ve gotta power through with group dinners. It’ll be tempting to drink but I’m gonna do Mocktails instead.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I don't really drink enough for this to be a challenge. But, I think it will benefit everyone who succeeds.
  • cgcrutch
    Options
    Dry January still goin strong! Had to bump the thread :) This is sugar free pink lemonade mio and lemon wedge. Normally I'd have this with tequila, but club soda will do for now. yjsg3mu51741.jpg
  • cgcrutch
    Options
    Pardon the clutter, not fully unpacked yet lol
  • Khartman6
    Khartman6 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Getting ready for a show, haven't had a drop since Jan 4th. First week sucked!
  • cgcrutch
    Options
    This Saturday is Chewbacchus parade in New Orleans... I'm supposed to be part of one of the krewes but I haven't kept up with everything since November :( I'm considering staying dry another month, thru Mardi Gras season. I'm nowhere near my goal, don't even feel like myself and don't feel like celebrating in public
  • cgcrutch
    Options
    Well, I broke the booze fast last night. Had dinner and drinks with the girls. Today is parade day, I'm debating getting a bottle of something to share. I didn't gain weight from last night, but I didn't lose either. Not sure if I can stay dry thru Mardi gras season. I'm on a slippery slope!