l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    PearlGrey wrote: »
    SW:50kg
    GW:46kg
    Goal 1:1200 calories daily > 30g sugar
    Goal 2: 3 strength training sessions a week
    Goal 3: Ability to do chin ups

I am 56 years old, post menopause, live in UK. I'm currently "skinny fat". 10 years ago I was maintaining at my goals, but caring for Elderly parents whilst working full time out an end to my weight training. 6 months ago I became full time carer for my remaining parent who has dementia and have become very inactive due to not being able to leave the house for more than 20 minutes. I've just bought 60kg of plates and bars, plus a chin up bar and will start training tonight. Thanks for reading, I would greatly appreciate friends and support as I'm very lonely in my real life :-).

Hi and welcome! I think it's very inspiring you still find the courage to work on yourself in your current situation. I'm not sure I'd find the strength! Wish you success!
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »
    6 Jan - 68kg (149,91lbs), 7day average
    So, back in the saddle and at least it's going in the right direction. Can't wait to be back to my "normal" weight. I also did better with IF the past week.
    That being said, cardio is going down the drain because (wait for it) MY SHIN HURTS AGAIN. Ugh, can I just get a new shin please? Or make that a whole new set of legs while we're at it.
    I'm still hating on myself to let me get back up to this point tho...such a wast of effort and time.

Did you try joining a running club/school at some point? I did so about 2 years ago. Up till then, with predictable regularity, I would get shin issues as well during late fall/winter and had to take longer breaks. Then by chance, through work, we had a running clinic set up at some point with video analysis of the technique. Well, I was not moving at optimum to say the least. Since then, I joined a running club and got regular feedback to work on the necessary points and the shin issues are a thing of the past. It was "just" a combination of not using the arms properly, too low cadence and leaning too much forward as a result. Long story short, could be worth considering for a while. Changed the whole game. Also good motivation to go when it's not the best weather outside ;)
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    jacau wrote: »
    So, back in the saddle and at least it's going in the right direction. Can't wait to be back to my "normal" weight. I also did better with IF the past week.
    That being said, cardio is going down the drain because (wait for it) MY SHIN HURTS AGAIN. Ugh, can I just get a new shin please? Or make that a whole new set of legs while we're at it.
    I'm still hating on myself to let me get back up to this point tho...such a wast of effort and time.

Did you try joining a running club/school at some point? I did so about 2 years ago. Up till then, with predictable regularity, I would get shin issues as well during late fall/winter and had to take longer breaks. Then by chance, through work, we had a running clinic set up at some point with video analysis of the technique. Well, I was not moving at optimum to say the least. Since then, I joined a running club and got regular feedback to work on the necessary points and the shin issues are a thing of the past. It was "just" a combination of not using the arms properly, too low cadence and leaning too much forward as a result. Long story short, could be worth considering for a while. Changed the whole game. Also good motivation to go when it's not the best weather outside ;)

Huh there's an idea I hadn't considered. I'm just a very bad and slow runner and I'd feel kinda self-conscious in joining a running club I think. Like "what the hell is she doing here, can't run for *kitten*"
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Huh there's an idea I hadn't considered. I'm just a very bad and slow runner and I'd feel kinda self-conscious in joining a running club I think. Like "what the hell is she doing here, can't run for *kitten*"

That's what I was thinking as well back then, that I was just too bad and slow to join (6 to 7 km in just below 1 hour ?!?). Plus, I preferred running by myself, with music on the ears. Big change to now. Anyway, those sports clubs that I experienced so far (Wageningen/Rhenen, Vught - NL) have different levels as well. I started with a slow group back then and am now in a higher level. Throughout a year they may also offer things like couch to 5k, or 3k to 5k, to build up the stamina. Or just the isolated running analysis. Should you want or get stuck, I can always message you the links for the clubs that I know of. But that's for you to say. I don't want to push it on you in case it's not for you or you already found some resources.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

It's a very good input from @jacau . I also started to run -so many years ago- with an athletics club, which sounds very serious, but I encountered both fun and professional people and a very good coach. I can absolutely recommend it even to start running. My first week with this club, we just walked at a slow pace, so it is surely for every level. Unfortunately, they don't exist anymore, but I'm sure there are still plenty.
  • brouwer28
    brouwer28 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9"
    SW: 153
    GW: 140

Dec 31: 152.3
    January 7: 149
    January 14:
    January 21:
    January 28:

Goals this month:
    1. Stay under calorie goal everyday on MFP.
    2. Limit dessert to every other day.

Well, I haven't been great about goal #1 - but if I'm still losing weight, I'm okay with it. I've modified my dessert goal (#2) to keep it as a treat for the weekend only. Seems like I torture myself if I try to do a little here and there rather than just abstaining throughout the week. I do love my chocolate :)
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    2019: HW 78 - LW 69
    CW: 72
    Jan GW: 70

Goals:
    1. Walk at least 10k a day
    2. Keep within my daily cals
    3. Push-up challenge restart

01/01: 72
    02/01: 72
    03/01: 71.1
    04/01: 71.0
    05/01: 71.4
    06/01: 71.0
    07/01: 70.8
    08/01: 71.2

I've had some crazy days at work, followed by a dinner party yesterday evening. I've also received some troubling news (too long a story to write here) which kept me awake at night, so very little sleep. So I've been over my daily cals goal a little yesterday, but all in all I'm doing ok, so I guess that the weight will go down eventually :smile:
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    47, 5’2”
    SW:112 ... yes found few pounds!
    GW:110... for the month of January
    CBF: 20.6%
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1:Stick to light dinner diet
    Goal #2:Drinks on weekends only
    Goal #3: OTF 4x week
    1/4 110.6, 20.2%
    1/8 111.2, 20.3% measurements: 33.5, 27, 33

OTF last night. Tornado night. Not a fan. Too much switching around/ regardless, I'm trying! So hungry all the time, all day! Can't focus, don't know why I'm not seeing results. Bit frustrated.

🤪🔔 = dumbbell

Tread
    Block 1
    1 min AO
    1 min WR
    1 min AO
    1 min WR
    1 min AO
    1 min WR
    1 min AO
    75 sec WR

Block 2
    45 sec AO
    75 sec WR
    45 sec AO
    75 sec WR
    45 sec AO
    75 sec WR
    45 sec AO
    90 sec WR

Block 3
    30 sec AO
    90 sec WR
    30 sec AO
    90 sec WR
    30 sec AO
    90 sec WR
    30 sec AO
    WR

Floor/Rower going back and forth

Block 1
    150m row before each load of reps
    10/8/6/4/2 x low bench full burpee to pop jack (🎈🙋🏻‍♂️)

Block 2
    8 x sumo squats (🤪🔔)
    16 x skater lunge things (⛸)
    8 x low bench step down reverse lunges (each) (🤪🔔)
    8 x low bench plank jack (🏴‍☠️🙋🏻‍♂️)

rmjhlxydod0z.png
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    33, 5' 4"

SW: 140.4
    GW: 130

Goal #1: Snack less at night
    Goal #2: Move more at work
    Goal #3: Eat more mindfully

Jan 1: 140.4