124»

Replies

• nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Exercise: Yes 30 min walking
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes

Question for the experts in the crowd: I really felt the calorie deficit today and had trouble focusing on work, so I did other things that required less attention. My tracked TDEE for the past 11 days (all I've been keeping track so far) is 2292. Should I boost my calorie goal from 1390 to 1490?

@LesickaBod, I agree with @pridesabtch. That is an aggressive calorie deficit already and depending on your activity and exercise it may be even more aggressive. I ran into this “fog” in the past and I focused on the macros. I fixed it by increasing my carbs and ensured that I ate enough protein too. Keep it healthy. Otherwise, if no other obvious health issues, I agree with adding more fuel or calories and reassess. Good luck.

• nodm
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, I walked outside during lunch
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

My favorite outdoor activities are gardening, hiking out west, walking to the park with my husband, yoga! We live in the Midwest, but try to make a trip to the National Parks out west every year. My favorites are Glacier, Zion, Isle Royale, Grand Canyon and Bryce. All are beautiful and majestic in their own unique way - kind of like all of us! :) Here are a few pics from our trip to Arizona and Utah this past October.
    wikzwbim2uz0.jpg
    bhlecj4dm2xd.jpg
    r0rgm0znjunp.jpg

Beautiful pics. That looks like antelope canyon too? Tripods are now prohibited there. ☹️
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,809 Member
    Exercise: 40 mins netball
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Completed = 6 Pass = 2
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Thanks @nodm Yes, the middle picture is from Antelope Canyon. They don't allow videos either. I think too many people have injured themselves because they weren't looking where they were walking.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES -- 1 hr house cleaning
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? NO

Today is my 30-year work anniversary...time flies!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    @ShareASmile Stunning!!!!

@LesIckaBod I agree with the others. You are currently sitting at about 900 calorie deficit per day. That is quite a high number and if you are feeling low you probably need more food to keep your body functioning properly. Dropping your calories too low puts your health at risk as well and lowers your immunity.
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    @LesIckaBod We love having you here, too! :)
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,301 Member
    January 8
    Exercised?: YES, 20 min brisk walk, steps 10k
    Tracked?: YES
    Calories?: YES (used some of those exercise calories)
    Water - 80 oz: YES
    AF: YES (7/8 days)
    Passes Used: 1/3
    (sorry so late, not internet yesterday)
  • BertnBuddy
    BertnBuddy Posts: 13 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 20 mins cardio
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

-bnb
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    6th, 7th, 8th KJan

Tracked not fully
    Under 2 out of 3
    Exercise yes
  • nodm
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    @pridesabtch, @nodm, @Dory_42 Thanks all for chiming in. I've opened up my food diary if anyone is interested (and discovered yesterday that I didn't drink all of my pre-planned coffee milk, so that brought my total down for yesterday).

I think I'll allow boosts to 1490/1500 and see how that does for the next week or so. I'm wondering if the data are still reflecting initial water loss (13 days in?) because I've lost weight much faster than I thought I would. The difference between my weight average last week and this week is 3.16 lbs, or about 1.8% body weight -- really not so much when you look at it that way.

As I'm figuring out these goals, I'm not sure UAC is the best place for me, but I like having a place to talk about these things.

@LesickaBod, there are lots of knowledgable people here with different goals.
    First of all, your food log is very impressive! Wow! Thanks for sharing.
    I did some quick calculations for you from Monday to Friday.
    Average macros
    👉Carb 25%👈
    Fat 38%
    Protein 37%
    If our TDEE 2292,
    At 1390 cals you are at 40% deficit Very Very aggressive

Agree with everyone about increasing calories gradually.
    Everyone’s body is different but if I was in your situation, I would increase the calories and consider upping the carb percent too.
    BTW: 1-2% weight loss a week is very good depending on how much you have to lose and how long you have been doing this.
    Good luck!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Jan 8

Ex: over 2 hours
    My Ex is Always > 20 mins.💯

Tracked: All, every bite. I always do.💯

Calories: under, just

Getting back in the saddle: 1 day streak with my calories.

Pass Days Remaining: 1
    Pass Day used: Jan 1 (traveling home)
    Jan 7

Favorite outside exercise: walking around town & hiking in the mountains. I love swimming, but hardly do it anymore.
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    @nodm Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I'm boosting my calories to 1500. I started with 1390 because that was around what MFP recommended, but I'll continue monitoring the TDEE. In the past, my records have shown that my TDEE cycles across a month, so I suspect it will take a dip pretty soon. I've got about 13 pounds to reach BMI 25 (162 lbs), but my sights are on 145.

I'm going to start tracking macro %s too and see what that shows. Thanks for doing those initial calculations!
  • nodm
    @LesIckaBod, you’re welcome! That’s a very good rate of eight loss considering that you’re almost at goal! Good luck! Yes, macros are what attracted me to this app. It only makes sense to keep any eye on them.