Roll Call Monday 1/13/2020

Al_Howard
Al_Howard Posts: 8,594 Member
Many of us feel the need to remain connected by just signing in on a daily basis. We may have a lot to say or very little. We may say smart things or dumb things. It doesn't matter if we're having a good day, a bad day...or something in between. We'll post our thoughts, our successes, our challenges, our insights (or lack thereof), and our support. We're here for each other. Together, we can do this!

This isn't about perfection...it's about perseverance: to persist in an undertaking in spite of counter influences, opposition, or discouragement.

Onward and Downward. Everyone is welcome! If you're new to this message board, check out goadies.org.

Remember that at its core, weight loss is simple - eat a little less than you used to, eat a little healthier, be a bit more active. The rest is just finding the balance that works for you, and your friends on GoaD are here to share what's worked for them.

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Morning
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,202 Member
    Good morning here
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 806 Member
    Good morning! I am still trying to figure this place out, but for now will try to post regularly, here at least.

I have been very diligent with my diet for months, targeting 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day I have not been over 1,500 since May. I've only been using the MFP food thing for 3 days.

However I may have to make an exception to the calorie limit tonight, my alma mater, LSU plays for the College Football National Championship. I just don't see how they can win without my support and the best way I know of to support them is a few beers whilst shouting at the TV. Al, does this qualify as one of the dumb things?
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,236 Member
    Here
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,236 Member
    @alligatorob Good luck with LSU, I was raised in Big Ten country (Iowa and Ohio) so I will just enjoy the show!
  • Al_Howard
    Good morning! I am still trying to figure this place out, but for now will try to post regularly, here at least.

I have been very diligent with my diet for months, targeting 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day I have not been over 1,500 since May. I've only been using the MFP food thing for 3 days.

However I may have to make an exception to the calorie limit tonight, my alma mater, LSU plays for the College Football National Championship. I just don't see how they can win without my support and the best way I know of to support them is a few beers whilst shouting at the TV. Al, does this qualify as one of the dumb things?

Bob, I'd say that's one of those "gottas". ;)
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Good morning Goadies!
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,554 Member
    Present.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,698 Member
    Good Morning!
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,698 Member
    However I may have to make an exception to the calorie limit tonight, my alma mater, LSU plays for the College Football National Championship. I just don't see how they can win without my support and the best way I know of to support them is a few beers whilst shouting at the TV.

We call that life happening. Its not much of a lifestyle if you leave out these traditions. The trick is to make it the exception and not the habit.

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,860 Member
    Good morning GoaD.