Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

I just started therapy for emotional eating

tiffnkaileytiffnkailey Posts: 151Member Member Posts: 151Member Member
Was curious if anyone was in therapy for emotional eating? What kind of things did your therapist do with you? My biggest problem is night time snacking.

Replies

• ladyzherraladyzherra Posts: 236Member, Premium Member Posts: 236Member, Premium Member
    Hello. Yes, I have been to a therapist for emotional eating. The "eating" part is really part of the emotional part. Recently, I have worked with a "light worker," that was really amazing. Emotional eating remains a problem.
  • healingnurtrerhealingnurtrer Posts: 211Member Member Posts: 211Member Member
    I started seeing a therapist for postpartum last year. I asked her for help with emotional eating and she said- just practice compassion for yourself- have compassion when you want to overeat and don't, have compassion when you do. So basically she wouldn't really help with the issue? Maybe she thought I wasn't in a place to work on it. I have tried to practice her advice though and have felt more peaceful. She recommended the book- The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion by Germer. I'm curious what your therapists recommend for this.
  • Yesenia882018Yesenia882018 Posts: 10Member Member Posts: 10Member Member
    Those it work? I tend to eat my cravings and more or just simply not eat and then just eat a lot.
  • ladyzherraladyzherra Posts: 236Member, Premium Member Posts: 236Member, Premium Member
    Whether or not it works does not at all depend on your therapist, in my experience, though the right therapist is absolutely a plus. The success of therapy depends almost entirely on you.