January 18 Sign In

Options

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a dog walk and walk for myself (130 minutes)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Stay safe, everybody dealing with winter weather. Lots of ice here on the PA/MD border, which is why I'm grateful for the gym.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (gym again for 2 hours!)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

We had the "wintry mix," too. I think maybe 5 inches.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    cjane917 wrote: »
    With things like sandwiches I crave something crunchy-- what are everyone's favorite healthier alternatives to chips? Almonds and carrots? Other ideas?

I gained so much weight eating chips. They taste good, but like the old ad says, you can't have just one.

My alternatives:

A small salad (spinach, romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, cucumbers, whatever else I have on hand, with balsamic vinegrette -- it's crunchy, filling, and takes a while to eat

Sliced apples with almonds

• oldDogBiking
    oldDogBiking Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Chips ... I like these chips called Cheetos. I used to always buy them in what I thought was a single serve bag. You know, from those shelves kind of by check out.
    But they ain't single serve. It says 3.5 servings at 170 cals per.
    Yikes! 600 calories!
    I still do it but not very often.
    I used to do it like every time I went to the store.
    Ugh. 600 calories day in and day out until I read the label.
    Crunchy ... sometimes sugar snap peas.
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3. 8 mile run this morning, ate under calories and logged all.
  • Fife24
    Fife24 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Date: January 18
    Exercised?: Yes. Marched today for about 25 minutes at a fairly brisk pace. My total steps for today are close to 9000, which is more than twice most days!
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Crunchy snacks..............I like popcorn for that. I had to quit chips cold turkey because I really cannot eat just one. Occasionally if I have room for them I'll have a couple of crackers with a bit of sharp cheese.

Basically I have the same cravings as @w8goal4life, baked goods. Coffee cake, cheesecake and cobblers or fruit pies. I don't bake very often anymore............... :'(
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have the same cravings as @w8goal4life, baked goods. Coffee cake, cheesecake and cobblers or fruit pies. I don't bake very often anymore............... :'(

Must be our generation...we're both 69. :)
  • gmhester74
    gmhester74 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The down side of having kids in sports, spending all day at a basketball tournament
    Exercise - No
    Log - Yes
    Under - No
  • yellobird13
    yellobird13 Posts: 118 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Pass day 4️⃣. Saturday is my greatest challenge. My energy level is very low and I kept getting dizzy every time I got up (low blood pressure). Calories were over, but I managed a very slippery and icy run on the Lakeshore. People out running were much more friendly than usual, everyone was both proud they were out and scared they would slip and fall. I didn’t, but had to stop into a mall for a few minutes on my way home to warm up.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    January 18
    Exercised?: NOPE, 4k
    Tracked?: YES
    Calories?: NO, way over
    Water - 80 oz: YES
    AF: NO (10/18 days)
    Passes Used: 2/3
    Using my 2nd pass today
  • happyquail