January 18 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,109 Member
    Options
    Jan 18

Ex: 76 min walk with my darling husband - just lovely. So glad we both love Hiking & Nature!! Gorgeous, moody “watercolor” skies!

My Ex is Always > 20 mins.💯

Tracked: All, every bite. I always do.💯

Calories: under!!!! YAY 1,999 of 2,000🥰

Getting back in the saddle: 1️⃣2️⃣ day streak with my calories.

Pass Days Left: 1
    Pass Days used: Jan 1, Jan 7

I’m going to be in the Winner’s ⭕️!!
    #determined
    #13 days to go❣️Lots of social things next weekend..Beginning to plan how to handle now. I want to be in the Winner’s ⭕️ this month‼️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    cjane917 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I need to go back to not having chips in the house. With things like sandwiches I crave something crunchy-- what are everyone's favorite healthier alternatives to chips?
    Almonds and carrots? Other ideas?

@cjane917
    I had to admit that it wasn’t the crunch I was going for, but the salty crunch.

I did this by getting unsalted tortilla chips & using precious calories in them for months before I realized they have NO TASTE.

So, perhaps try unsalted chips. It’s really nice when they lose their power over you.

This led me to realize if I have a craving, it’s Salt, Sugar, Fat or some double or triple combo.

Chips: salt, fat
    Ice cream: salt sugar fat
    Chic chip cookies: salt sugar fat
    Brownies: salt sugar fat
    Alfredo sauce: salt fat
    Cheese: salt fat
    Olives: salt fat

Now I ask myself (when I have a craving), “OK is it Salt, Sugar, Fat or the Triple Whammy?” And I can usually resist the food or substitute a healthier item.

I hope this helps.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    @cjane917

For crunch, any of the following raw veggies work:

carrots, celery, sugar snap peas, snow peas, cucumbers, bell peppers

I used to cut these up and keep a big container in the fridge. Also added cherry tomatoes. There are several herb mixes that are good sprinkled on (or just salt and pepper).

Some other options would be baked or freeze dried veggies or fruit (beet chips, kale chips, smart fries, pop chips, etc).

And good ole apples always add crunch. If you have never tried Granny Smith with salt, give that a go.
  • Rac1967
    Rac1967 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 35 minute Hasfit full body workout and 13 minute standing ab workout
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3!
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who responded with great ideas for crunchy snacks / sides other than chips
    @Hollis100 @oldDogBiking @w8goal4life @fitlulu4150 @Anya_000 @MadisonMolly2017 @bold_rabbit @RangerRickL

I totally agree that "you can't eat just one"!

Below is a list I compiled from all of your suggestions combined together:
    -Dry cereal (chex or cheerios)
    -Pretzels
    -Popcorn without oil (tip to add water or toss popcorn with wet hands to get the salt to stick)
    -Salad (spinach, romaine, carrots, cucumbers)
    -Sliced apples with almonds or granny smith with salt
    -Cut up apples with grapes or celery chunks
    -Sugar snap peas (raw)
    -Baked or freeze dried veggies or fruit: beet chips, kale chips, smart fries, pop chips
    -Carrots, celery, sugar snap peas, snow peas, cucumbers, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes all cut up and mixed with salt/pepper and an herb mix and kept in a container in the fridge
    -Any my own: carrots with a yogurt-based dip (greek yogurt, lime or lemon juice, dash of olive oil, grated cucumber, hot sauce or worcester sauce, salt, pepper)
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. 20 minutes walking.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    cjane917 wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone who responded with great ideas for crunchy snacks / sides other than chips
    @Hollis100 @oldDogBiking @w8goal4life @fitlulu4150 @Anya_000 @MadisonMolly2017 @bold_rabbit @RangerRickL

I totally agree that "you can't eat just one"!

Below is a list I compiled from all of your suggestions combined together:
    -Dry cereal (chex or cheerios)
    -Pretzels
    -Popcorn without oil (tip to add water or toss popcorn with wet hands to get the salt to stick)
    -Salad (spinach, romaine, carrots, cucumbers)
    -Sliced apples with almonds or granny smith with salt
    -Cut up apples with grapes or celery chunks
    -Sugar snap peas (raw)
    -Baked or freeze dried veggies or fruit: beet chips, kale chips, smart fries, pop chips
    -Carrots, celery, sugar snap peas, snow peas, cucumbers, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes all cut up and mixed with salt/pepper and an herb mix and kept in a container in the fridge
    -Any my own: carrots with a yogurt-based dip (greek yogurt, lime or lemon juice, dash of olive oil, grated cucumber, hot sauce or worcester sauce, salt, pepper)

Thank you! Yummy!!