Trying to Conceive (TTC)

Options
WifiresGettingFit
WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
edited December 2019 in Social Groups
I was going to bump the other thread for TTC that got burried but seeing as it has gone nearly a year and a half without activity, it didn't seem right to bring it back so I thought we would start anew.

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea!

Did you say on the other thread that you have started TTC?

This is month 4 for us for #2. Lately my cycle has been 26 days which would mean my period starting today. My app says it's due tomorrow. Strangely, this has been the first month when I really feel impatient and want that positive. I kept wondering this weekend if I might be pregnant because every tiny sound my husband made drove me up the wall :D
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    No, we haven't.

haha well baby dust sent your way, that's a good sign =P
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    We started ttc in August so I guess that makes this month 5 of trying. Weirdly I’m less stressed out about it now than I was the first few months. I think I just got it in my head that we would get pregnant right away and then I set myself up for disappointment. It also didn’t help that my cycle has been all over the place, even 36 days one month, which had me testing myself for pregnancy repeatedly and getting disappointed all over again. I’m done with that emotional roller coaster. I’ve basically accepted that I’m going to need to lose more weight and I’ve remotivated myself to actually stick to my diet and fitness goals. I’m also taking opk tests now. Honestly I don’t expect to ovulate yet, I understand that I will likely have to lose weight for a few months before my cycle straightens out, but at least if I’m keeping track of it I’ll know. It’s less stressful this way. I’m determined to stay positive.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    No, we haven't.

haha well baby dust sent your way, that's a good sign =P

Whoops! Sorry, I need to learn to read better!

Thank you. So far today is no sign of period but also a negative pregnancy test. Sometimes I am a couple days late for no apparent reason, so I'm not too wound up yet, though.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat I think you're probably thinking of a conversation we had a few months ago. We were supposed to start trying in September and then life happened and we've put it off again. I know there will never be a perfect time but I do feel there will be a better time and that's sort of what I'm waiting for.

You're welcome! Well keep us update, hopefully you'll get some answers soon either way. <3
  • puffbrat
    Options
    My period showed up yesterday with the worst cramps I have had in several years. Bleh!
  • babyb2020
    babyb2020 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We are in 2nd month of trying. I cried my eyes out last month when period showed up. 2020 focus is losing weight & getting healthier. I started vitamins & doing 30 day Barre challenge Jan 1. My dr told me I'm prediabetic so trying to watch sugars & carbs.
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Baby dust sent your way @babyb2020 💕 it sounds like you’ve got a good plan for 2020.

So sorry about your period showing up and cramps @puffbrat baby dust sent your way as well.

Bit disappointed at the moment as we were planning to start trying (as of yesterday) but have decided to put it on hold for a couple more months as I haven’t lost the weight I had planned to and some tricky work stuff that’s going on. I turn 31 in May so not wanting to wait too much longer. Fingers crossed there are babies on the way for all of us in 2020 😊
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are trying to conceive.

I took out my IUD december 2nd. I have never had regular periods and havent had any since getting on the IUD 10 years ago. Surprised that my period came back right away and came back regular. I just am started tracking my periods/symptoms and am hoping we get a pregnancy in the new few months.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @arendiva That is great news!
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What wonderful news @arendiva 😊

Welcome @Bekah7482 so glad you found the group!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    That's great news @arendiva!

@Bekah7482 It's great that your period came back right away. Hopefully you will have a quick and easy TTC journey!

TMI warning - After much research, my husband has decided that this month TTC should consist of sex every other day from the start of my last period to start of my next one. I frankly don't know if I have that kind of energy any more :p We'll see what happens.
  • Bekah7482
    Options
    @puffbrat that is our approach as well after researching. I do not want to be tracking and obsessing over everything so it seems like the best approach for us
  • Bekah7482
    Options
    Anyone have any apps they are using? I am using Ovia to track my periods and interact with the community but wondering if anyone has any apps they love
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Bekah7482 wrote: »
    Anyone have any apps they are using? I am using Ovia to track my periods and interact with the community but wondering if anyone has any apps they love

I also use Ovia but would be interested to hear if someone is using a different app.
    @puffbrat that is our approach as well after researching. I do not want to be tracking and obsessing over everything so it seems like the best approach for us

Same. I don't know why, but I'm just really resistant to additional tracking. I may get to that point eventually, but I'm hoping it won't be necessary for us.
  • stormtheworld
    stormtheworld Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also use Ovia to track. No luck this month but we are hoping to have better luck in the next few cycles. I agree with both of you, @puffbrat and @Bekah7482 , I don't know if I am at the point of having to do more detailed tracking besides adhering to the green window Ovia predicts and a few extra days for an added bonus
  • Bekah7482
    Options
    Have you ladies watched the great sperm race yet?

I guess I feel if I track so much and become too obsessive then it will not only consume my life but also the BD just becomes not as fun and more of a chore which I think just makes our chances smaller. Trying to enjoy the experience. Talk to me in a few months though, I may have changed my tune haha
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Have you ladies watched the great sperm race yet?

I guess I feel if I track so much and become too obsessive then it will not only consume my life but also the BD just becomes not as fun and more of a chore which I think just makes our chances smaller. Trying to enjoy the experience. Talk to me in a few months though, I may have changed my tune haha

I haven't watched but have heard about it. I will have to look into it. I actually need to make an appointment with my GP for something unrelated, so I may ask if she has any general advice.
  • Bekah7482
    Options

I haven't watched but have heard about it. I will have to look into it. I actually need to make an appointment with my GP for something unrelated, so I may ask if she has any general advice.[/quote]

If she shares any advice, let us know.

As this is our first time ttc, it was really helpful for us. Its documentary style but is also funny and amusing to watch. I learned that everything we thought we were doing right was actually wrong. This is our first month trying with actually knowledge of what the heck we are doing so hoping it works in our favor