WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Dear Friends,

Just out of interest - who has a Fitbit and uses it to log their exercises instead of MFP? I always thought that the calories burned figures from MFP were somewhat inflated. However, I notice that although I religiously update my Fitbit with my exercises, they don't appear on MFP - weird, right?

Perhaps I should return to MFP, and while I'm there I might log my food too, as I rather fell out of the habit of doing that over the past couple of years. What do you think?

Oh, and @micki48 yes please, can I stay on the Steppers log. I also saw that my Fitbit report from last week said that I had an average of 5K+ per day, so can I also put my daily goal down to 6,000 steps a day. If I can be successful at this goal, I can put it back up to 7,000 steps.

And my steps for yesterday (Monday 27th Jan) was 10,135 (zumba!)
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed I have a fitbit, and I do log my exercises in MFP, but have it for negative adjustment.. So if I walk on the treadmill and enter 30 minute walk at 2.5 in MFP, it will deduct those calories from my Fitbit adjustment calories... It works best if you log the exact time you started the exercise. I've never put it in fitbit, because I just figured that would calculate from my heart rate and steps... Hope that made sense.
  • YinxFed
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Thank you so much - yes you've been super helpful. I'll do the same from now on!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yesterday was not so good, I'm going to be entirely honest with you guys, I ate a whole bag of life savers... LOL - they did not save my life, they made me feel really bad about it.. so don't believe the name... THEY LIE !

Then I ate goldfish, they looked like they needed saving so I put them in my belly with the life savers... I am pretty sure they didn't survive... DOH...

@Gidgitgoescrazy You had me cracking up with the lifesavers and the goldfish!! Thank you for that.

@YinxFed I also have a Fitbit. I use it to count my steps. It syncs well with MFP.

I log all my food on MFP and don’t worry much about the Fitbit, but it does transfer.

I let the Fitbit pick up on my exercise, but if it doesn’t I log it, I enter it on MFP. For some reason, my Fitbit exercise does not sync with MFP, but it does go from MFP to Fitbit.
    Anyone know why? And I agree, MFP calories burned are high compared with Fitbit which uses heart rate as well.

@YinxFed and @Gidgitgoescrazy and anyone else-would you like to share your user name so we could do a friendly challenge on Fitbit some days?

@conleywoods Hugs to you. It’s no fun having sick kids, even when they are 32. I’ve been helping nurse my daughter back to health from her surgery since last week. Mostly with childcare and dinners. Hope your kiddos are well real soon. 🤗
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar Hugs 🤗 I know having all those temptations and being out of your home space makes it hard. But, I know you. And I know that you will be right back on track as soon as your return home. Grace over guilt.

And thanks for the document. It is sometimes hard to remember the details of all our friends here, so having it consolidated in one locations is wonderful. ❤️
  • micki48
    Options
    @Shexio Happy birthday to you. Hope your day is great. 🎉🎈🎂
  • micki48
    Options
    @YinxFed Do you have Sunday steps? Didn’t see that posted, but I got Monday.
  • YinxFed
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

Sorry Micki - Sunday steps were 6223

And at the risk of sounding like a first class dufus, where would I find my Fitbit name? Been digging around the desktop version, and this was in my address bar https://www.fitbit.com/user/33VL9H do you think that's it?
  • micki48
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    micki48 wrote: »

Sorry Micki - Sunday steps were 6223

And at the risk of sounding like a first class dufus, where would I find my Fitbit name? Been digging around the desktop version, and this was in my address bar https://www.fitbit.com/user/33VL9H do you think that's it?

If you go to your profile, you should see it. Mine is Michele L. You can look for me if you want. I tried the web address above and couldn’t find you with that.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has sent well wishes to my sick family. The kids are getting better but I think my husband and I might be starting. Oh man. At least it hasn't been to bad and we will be better soon enough. @jugar I love the shared document ideas, so helpful. Sorry for being surrounded by delicious temptation with no escape. It's amazing how much our environment influences our decisions and will power. Makes you reflect on all the great changes you have probably made at your house that help you be successful.

Today was a great day. Woke up early and worked out. Meal prepped everyone's food the night before. Had a great hair day. But....then I brought home takeout. But stayed in my calorie budget. I also bought doughnuts. The doughnuts are for my husband since he is taking a sick day tomorrow. If I leave him with Gatorade, chicken soup and doughnuts tomorrow he'll be fine...right?

No morning workout tomorrow. I have to leave an hour earlier for a meeting. Hoping I will feel good enough to work out tomorrow evening. I can always convince myself to do some pilates because how bad can it be if you get to lay down!

@micki48 I am a terrible watch wearer and will take a break from counting steps. I am moving more and that is great. Maybe in the future.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Today’s steps: 3800
    School day after morning at work - trying to jump into the computer system with almost training. Yeehah!
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I can't remember what steps I've posted so will repost from Sunday.

26/1 - 4, 709
    27/1 - 15, 241
    28/1 - 14, 606
    29/1 - 22, 465

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 1/28 = 7393

Yesterday was a good day, I got home from work and walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes, did my strength training and then did some restorative yoga...

We had pizza for dinner, we make it on the Mission Carb balance wraps, I had red peppers, onions and pepperonis on mine.. it was yummy...

@conleywoods A great hair day, is always a good day... That made me laugh... Hope you are able to avoid the sickies...

Did yoga this morning, it was nice.. My shoulder doesn't hurt nearly as much, I tried to be more careful about how I slept on it, and it is feeling better. @Shexio Yes, I have, about a year and a half ago, I had some horrible neck ,shoulder, Upper back pain. I ended up having 3 bulging disks and reverse lordosis ( also called text neck) so I ended up at the chiro for a year, and it's almost back to a normal curve, and the disks are no longer bulging. My chiro shares the same building my office is in, so its very convenient, You'd think they'd give me some kind of discount or something, but nope... I still see them once a month, but mostly do the traction and exercises at home now. This pain was way different from that pain, and it's getting better fairly quickly, so I don't think it's neck related, but you never know when I had the neck issues before it cause some really odd symptoms, like it was causing chest pain etc, all because it was pushing on nerves... Oh and Happy Birthday ! I hope you had a great day !

Today I get off work early to see the ENT, so I can get another tube put in my ear, oh boy ! But it will be nice to be able to sleep on my left side again, and the ringing will go away, so Its worth it...

I will do a video today, something that will get my heart rate up...

Have a great day !

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'll be spamming this everywhere, but today is Bell Let's Talk Day. If you can, please join the fight against stigmatizing mental illness.

6ijxzy6ae8o1.jpg
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Also here are my five random facts:
    1. I started my career as an aircraft mechanic
    2. I’ve required all my kids to learn how to play an instrument but I don’t know how to play any...
    3. My real hair color may be brown but I’ve colored it for so long I can’t really tell.
    4. I love baking but nothing quite turns out right.
    5. When we are traveling I like taking pictures of old doors. The bigger and older the better!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi. Workout / shoulders and some upper body. Not feeling like moving . I wanted to
    Test out my toes but, outside this walking boot they don’t work. I’m a little apprehensive about feb5th now.

Eating IF window for last 2 days. Going well. Today is day 3. Water now until 5:30pm .
    My goal is to use this to stop the mindless snacking.

Thanks for the. Day wishes. 49yr here. Sure a ton harder than at 40 to keep weight off. WHY IS THAT?!?! I must be lazier I guess and eat more food. Idk. I am looking forward to each day as I nail l my plan and get to my goal weight!!!!

This discussion has been closed.