The better question is :

Do you ? ...

Do you even ?...

DO. YOU. EVEN. LIFT ?!

On a day-leeeee!
  • mwrfitboss
    mwrfitboss Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    competitive success in the contest i do, inspire others to get healthy and fit, to feel healthy and athletic now and later in life.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I can has cheezburger.
  • berrysteph55
    berrysteph55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    To feel better about myself
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Grew up watching Arnie films, it had an effect! I continue because lifting helps in a huge way mentally.
  • ravijosh
    ravijosh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    stress relief and inner piece
  • claytondeshaun
    claytondeshaun Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    To no longer be called small
  • jsoko1
    jsoko1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The names Jacob, and I'm back with a thirst and hunger greater than I've ever had before. I started excersising back in 2011 as an obese, 110kg, twenty year old, who used to get teased and picked on in high school and later on in work. I started my journey ironically after falling through a ceiling at work.......

This would be the biggest turning point in my life. I started off walking, in which i lost 2 kgs in one week!!! Not only did this assure me that I had begun my journey to a happier healthier me, it also steered my eating habits into a whole other direction. I chose healthier options, smaller meal portions, and finally gave up my obsession with high sugar energy drinks. In the following weeks I continued to walk, which eventually turned into short sprints, losing a further 14 kgs in 8 weeks.
    I then started the next chapter, weight training..... At the time it was very daunting but I knew in order to reach my goals I would have to overcome my fear of exerting my self infront of others and just do it!! (no nike endorsements here). Over time I watched videos, learnt from people around me and continually grew my arsenal of knowledge in which I would need to crush my goals. A further 20 weeks down the track I did it, I reached 79.5 kgs. I never felt happier, stronger or more confident in my life.
    After my goal I did slack, work picked up and I slowly stopped going to the gym I would get into little fitness blocks of about 2 months then fade off again as work picked up.
    Now, 2017, i have set my self my next big goal. I applied and have succesfully been accepted in to the Australian Army. For the last month I have been training (weights and cardiovascular) and have lost a total of 6 kgs. My start weight was 94. so currently sitting arouund 88 kgs. Im doing a far bit of weight training but am also heavily focused on cardio and endurance training as of course this will be a major obstacle in joining the armed forces.
    So follow my journey for the next couple months as i continue to fullfil my dream, getting stronger, faster, fitter and healthier again.
    I will post weekly, for anyone whom wish's to follow along, but ideally for my self to keep my self accountable.
    Happy Training Fitfam.
    JAYJAYS

Please add and like my blog if you feel the inclination to
  • chavyboy2003
    chavyboy2003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lift because i want to become either a strongman or a competitive bodybuilder in the future, and because it is addictive. I think i will be able to become one of my goals because most of them started whrn they where about my age, which is 13

• allanmobile313
    allanmobile313 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I lift for general health. I like being able to keep up and perform in regards to daily activities, athletics, and outdoor activities. Beyond that it just helps to fill in skin when fat gets burned.
  • Sorenki
    Sorenki Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    nick1109 wrote: »
    in this order..

1. Vanity
    2. health
    3. enjoyment

my order:
    1. prevent osteoporosis (& other health reasons)
    2. energy
    3. my kids think i’m cool
    4. bigger dating pool
    4. better sex
    5. that bring-it-on-ronda-(rousey) high
    6. vanity (dammit)
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    1. I find the rhythm of sets and reps soothing.
    2. It's efficient and I can work around the injury du jour. (Currently, stupid knee.)
    3. It is typically my canary in the coal mine when it comes to my anemia(s). If my lifts start failing suddenly at relatively low or familiar weight, I hie myself back to the doctor's office. *sigh*
    4. My dogs weigh 50# each and occasionally go in for brute-force-affection. I can only handle *so much face licking* before I start worrying about getting chapped.
  • lyft2looooS
    lyft2looooS Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Overall to be healthy in my older years.
    Now it is an addiction!!!
  • Khartman6
    Khartman6 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I traded one habit for another. 10 years in and I'm finally getting serious about it.
  • cotsios_17
    cotsios_17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started lifting for others, continue because i enjoy the process.
  • imshootingblanx
    imshootingblanx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting is therapy. Helps keep my mind healthy. Recently got into ice baths before training and it has been so beneficial for positive mentality. Also helps with recovery. I use a whoop band to monitor sleep and recovery. 2 weeks into ice baths, average around 4-6 hours of sleep, but my recovery has taken a very noticeable improvement.
  • hectorpraniuk
    hectorpraniuk Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    For personal growth and a self confidence ❤️