TRIMSTONES - February 2020 Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers

Here is your Team chat room! This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the February 2020 Challenge - We have six great teams this month. The group and team leaders are as follows:
Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
*Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
*Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
*Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
*Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and (open)

Our Team Motivators:
*Mission Slimpossible - @AustinRuadhain
*Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
*Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, and at the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the “Announcements” section for full group challenges.

This month, we have the Leaping Groundhog Challenge! Every day, there will be a question (TWO on groundhog day!!). The more people who post their thoughts and ideas on the question, the more we’ll all learn, and new ways of losing weight and getting fit might come to your attention. The more you read and post, the better it will be - so get ready to answer all 29 questions!

There will also be shorter challenges to get you moving, watching what is on your plate, or getting out of a rut.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin.

THANKS!

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    Oooooh! I get to be the first Trimstone teamie to post! Welcome to February everyone, and especially welcome to our new mates! I'm Trina, and I've a Trimstone for more than a year! My name is Trina. I'm 54 and 5'4", married to my bestie, with 3 boys, ages 24, 20, and 17! I've been back on here since June 2018. I've lost 62 pounds and have just about 10 to go before I start maintenance. Sadly, I was closer before the holidays...but I will get there and the journey will continue!

I have to call you Km because that's how I know you. I have three boys too, 20,19,17. We should get medals.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    I’m excited to start February! Here’s to the pounds just melting off. Lol. Good luck to all the newbies and current members. 😀
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    vaisc7s4n1f9.jpg

Hey Ya'll!! Welcome to February...tomorrow is my birthday and I'm not ready for the new number (years)...was more than a little spoiled at work today...flowers...taken out to lunch...cards in the mail...was nice...except for my 7.5 times the normal rate water bill...guess I have a leak somewhere...will be seeking info on that first thing Monday morning...what a way to start vacation...ugh!! Jesus take the wheel!!!!

OK, so I have 9 walkers for February so far...had 11 for January so need ya'll to join the step club and get those numbers up...I want more walkers than we had in Jan so I need at least 3 more! Let me know if you'd like to join us and give me a daily step goal you hope to achieve each day.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Jessica
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m a relative newbie to F2F (just joined in January) but I’m so grateful and excited to continue into Feb! Thanks so much for this community!!!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    achagpar wrote: »
    Hi all! I’m a relative newbie to F2F (just joined in January) but I’m so grateful and excited to continue into Feb! Thanks so much for this community!!!

Glad you're walking with us again on the step team...you did pretty well with your daily goal in January...nearly hit it every day...that's awesome! I keep thinking I'll take mine a little higher (7k currently), but on days when I work at my day job AND teach piano at night, it's all I can do to hit my 7k some days...and if I set myself up to fail, I'll feel disappointed all the time, so I'm leaving it at 7k and when I can push to do a little more, I will...not bad.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Jess
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi @jessicakrall8 I will join the steppers 😊 let’s go with 8,000
  • foxcc
    foxcc Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am a newbie, excited to for the month to come! I would be interested in joining the step challenge of 9000 a day. Good luck
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    foxcc wrote: »
    Hi all I am a newbie, excited to for the month to come! I would be interested in joining the step challenge of 9000 a day. Good luck

ncknkzaw87xj.jpg

Hey there, good morning!! Welcome to our little family @foxcc !! I've added you to the Step Team and look forward to getting to know you! Tell us a little about yourself and what you hope to accomplish in the near or far future!

I'm Jessica, one of the two captains. @mulecanter is our other captain. Very glad that you found us and hope we can be the supportive and helpful source you're needing. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to send us a quick message or post here in the chatroom!

Again, welcome! Enjoy your weekend!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 do we start reporting February steps from Feb 2nd?
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 do we start reporting February steps from Feb 2nd?

Yes...
    Jess
  • foxcc
    foxcc Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi my goals are to work on my thought patterns and track my intake daily, the good the bad and the ugly not just the good as I have done in the past. I hope to achieve long term weightloss instead of the yo-yoing which I have mastered 😩. I have one son who is 23. I love to travel and explore and try new things!
  • jugar
    Options
    One more new person! @BajaBec will be joining you as well - now you're up to 30 members and we'll hopefully stop there!
  • jugar
    Options
    Our February Moderators' Challenge is UP! The first day's question (for tomorrow) has been posted, so go ahead and put in some answers. There will be a new question every day - so I hope lots of people will join in and make the discussions packed with info and insights.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    1/31-16,872
    2/1-15,646
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Sunday Weigh-in
    PW: 242
    CW: 242
    No loss. But no gain either. This week will be a better week. 😀
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 198
    CW: 200.4
    Not a good start to the month but not as bad as it could have been. All I want is junk food!

Steps
    1/26 = 4,801
    2/1 = 9,007
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 123.0
    CW: 119.6
This discussion has been closed.