@kmargut
    @LovebyDraug69
    @anamaria91106

sorry if I missed something.
    I am going through a job change at work and that is where my brain is
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team @suzyjmcd2 and @TwinMomma2019 and your steps are in. If you want me to add anything from 1st Jan onwards for a year to date total just let me know.

My January Steps:
    1/1 -- 16,507 1/2 -- 20,837 1/3 -- 22,782 1/4 -- 9,488
    1/5 -- 8,867 1/6 -- 11,893 1/7 -- 16,324 1/8 -- 8,513
    1/9 -- 8,034 1/10 -- 10,032 1/11 -- 13,096 1/12 -- 13,584
    1/13 -- 20,663 1/14 -- 11,021 1/15 -- 9,872 1/16 -- 9,023
    1/17 -- 9,177 1/18 -- 10,582 1/19 -- 9,900 1/20 -- 9,144
    1/21 -- 23,034 1/22 -- 13,785 1/23 -- 16,473 1/24 -- 10,963
    1/25 -- 7,778
  • corporatelawmom
    corporatelawmom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Steps:

1/26 3,059
    1/27 7,317
    1/28 9,707
    1/29 6,889
    1/30 8,199
    1/31 7,536
    2/1 9,891
    2/2 12,498
    2/3 10,444
    2/4 5,068
    2/5 7,077
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I will join the weather convo…. I am near Atlanta where frogs are drowning due to the heavy rain. I am on full baby alert and this front stretches the entire way... I am hoping that he decides to wait till after the storm passes to arrive. This rain would change my 6 hour drive to an 8 hour drive, easily.

@TheMrWobbly - I added my measly steps.

Confession:
    I have not logged in 2 weeks. I dread Saturday and it is my own fault 197%!!! I am not sure why I have such a hard time sticking with something when things get a little rough. Life ALWAYS had hard spots and we must learn to work thru them with our eating a fitness. This is NOT a concept I am grasping currently.

Also, I have completely irritated my daughter by txting every 2-3 hours asking how she is feeling. I think knowing I will be driving down while she is in labor is making me anxious.

Vent over... back to the weather :D

Yes, it’s one thing for us to get good at doing the right stuff, it’s a whole other ball game to be able to keep doing it when life is tough and stressful!

I hope (a) you get past the rough patches okay and (b) with practice and time you find strategies that help you stay on track when things get tough.

Confession:
    This week I’ve found myself slipping back into emotional eating patterns: over consuming sugar-free chocolate, eating a lot of food even when not really hungry (luckily still sticking to the lchf wholefoods of my way of eating), and snacking between meals rather than sticking to my time restricted eating.

Part of the problem is the challenges I’m having with my teenager. Part is using that stress as an excuse to give in to my food urges. And part is that I am currently under my goal weight, so I know I have extra room for eating more.

All in all, I am not proud of myself this week - I feel weak and like I haven’t really learned how to deal with the tough parts of life without falling back to bad habits.

Anyhoo, time to get back on track!

Weather: we’ve got rain, heaps of it, predicted to be biggest rainfall in years and getting more in 3 days than we’d normally get in six months. Likely to have some areas nearby with minor flooding, but hoping the rainfall will increase the dam level that supplies our city’s drinking water as it has been low and we’ve been in drought and on water restrictions. Also, woke up to a blackout this morning but it’s all back to normal now.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Steps 6th February 10073.
    @kilobykilo Thanks for encouragment!! I hope to strike minimum 10 k daily this week! :)
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Interesting how weather affects our exercise- and our moods. I've lived in WI and NY, both states with "real" winters. Now that I live in CA, I thought my weather blues would be over. I've had a lot of sunny days, but the humidity was around 10% all week (super low), and one day had so much pollution that it was "unhealthy for sensitive groups". Yes, I am one of those with sensitive lungs. Just because it's sunny doesn't mean a walk is good for me. Rats!

The LA area has the unhealthiest air in the nation. It's not all wine and roses out here, as many are led to believe. I'm actually looking forward to moving ASAP- 5 years has been long enough. At least the pollution gives a pretty sunset!

I'm going to start workout videos this week, so I don't just sit on the couch and sulk. I need to start lifting weights on a regular basis too. I don't have an excuse, but I seem to allow my whining to win out. I'm going to put my workout clothes on the couch tonight so I can't ignore them!

Everyone (including myself) remember that an object (our body) in motion tends to stay in motion. That's a good thing. The converse is also true. I don't want to be a couch potato, for then I'll look like one too. Visualize a round plump potato (yukon gold or even a russet) and laugh with me! :p Thanks for the vent- ah, I feel better already. Spring is right around the corner, and the groundhog predicted an early one. Dig deep my friends!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @kmargut - so glad you were able to speak to your son. Which branch is he in? When my daughter was in basic, I wrote her a letter everyday. She will still say her fav letter was the two page rant about firing the landscaper. She said they would pass around the letters and printed memes after lights out and read by the red emergency light.

After she graduated, I had about 5 hours with her before she boarded a plane for A school in San Antonio. I cried like a baby!!!!

Some branches let you see them before graduation. The navy does not. Still, take multiple packs of tissues. It is VERY emotional.

Hugs fellow Blue Star Mom!!!
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    PW: 136.2
    CW: 135.8

A little less than a half lb lost. I am okay with these results.  I am going to try to do better over the weekend, which is always when I fall apart.

As far as weather, I live in Wisconsin. Yes it is cold, but for me the part that really is hard is winter darkness. I drive to work in the dark, work all day indoors with minimal windows to even look outside, and drive home in the dark. I definitely get a little depressed. Sometimes I wonder if the sun even came up during the day lol.

I am so excited that it is starting to get a little lighter in the evenings and mornings now!
  • kmargut
    kmargut Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695
    Thanks for the hug! He joined the Air Force. We are almost half way there until I can hug him! He is my baby and unemotional child, but cried when he left. 😪 I get 4 days to see him at graduation then he starts another 8 weeks of prep. He won't have his phone for most of that too! His chosen job if he eventually enters the pipeline will have him training for over a year at different bases, but atleast there will be more communication. It would just be easier if I could text him now.

Sooo many letters being sent though! He told me he wrote me after lights out in the bathroom one night!Tissues are being packed!
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bigblues11
    PW 199.3
    CW 198.1 (-1.3 pnd)

:)
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options

A little less than a half lb lost. I am okay with these results.  I am going to try to do better over the weekend, which is always when I fall apart.

As far as weather, I live in Wisconsin. Yes it is cold, but for me the part that really is hard is winter darkness. I drive to work in the dark, work all day indoors with minimal windows to even look outside, and drive home in the dark. I definitely get a little depressed. Sometimes I wonder if the sun even came up during the day lol.

I am so excited that it is starting to get a little lighter in the evenings and mornings now!

Ouch to winter without daylight! I need daylight...... winter is horrid for that. I have a job that leaves me transient which is fun, but winter daylight is one thing I think about when looking at possible places to move to.... I need to see the light each day!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Y’all, I have really been struggling with weight loss since the holidays. I’ve had a hard time adjusting to this new meal plan. I don’t like it, I didn’t choose it and I’m having a hard time not eating forbidden foods. I’ve been consistently going to yoga, training and physical therapy but the weight is just not budging. But I have a NSV to share! I put on one of my smaller jeans today and discovered that I can pull them off without unzipping them!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

I feel ya....it is hard, hard, hard to keep going after you get home when it's dark out driving home, dark when you leave and little windows....I live in Oak Creek, WI and these winters are brutal w/this darkness thing....I've been having a hard time....and do grateful its staying lighter out at night💥💥💥
This discussion has been closed.