What’s your favorite steak or part of beef?

Options
2»

Replies

• AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I like skirt steak and flank and tri tip... they are my go-to's depending which is on sale... :)
  • LRLemon
    LRLemon Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ribeye. Also braised beef ribs (flanken cut, 1-1/2" thick).
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I think I like strip steak maybe the same or even a little more than ribeye. That outer layer of fat sure is tasty.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I love ribeyes (medium rare) and I honestly think the absolute best way to cook them is in the air fryer.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    our favourite is the rib-steak? I dunno if that's the official name but its like, with the bone on, all marbled and stuff. we get that when its on sale in the summer and do it on the bbq, usually for breakfast :lol:
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Ribeye.

This thread made me mega hungry.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    pretty much any part of the cow. :D |

As for a cut of beef though I like Rib eye, flank steak, and ny strip just cause I can cook neat things with them.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Filet mignon, NY Strip and Ribeye are my favorites.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Chuck ribs.qqyzxzcvtreq.jpg
    ppim046z80cx.jpg
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm a ribeye girl as well. Haven't seen it on sale recently, so haven't had it much recently. I got a prime rib and a strip roast on sale before Christmas, and I'm looking forward to defrosting them for a special occasion.
  • Genmon02
    Genmon02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Rib eye (medium, i know, dont hate me rare lovers, LOL), short ribs, flank steak in that order. Now Im hungry lol
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Tri tip
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    The fattier the better. My favorite is a Ribeye but I also enjoy a good Strip as well. And rare. Always rare.

My husband is the exact opposite. He hates visible fat or really fat of any kind so his preference is for a Sirloin. And well-done.

We're actually having steak for dinner tonight and it's comical to see our two steaks side by side.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Rib eye all the way. Not rare, but medium.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Any steak or other part of a dressed carcass that is cooked medium well that I can get my hands own. Fresh never frozen ground 100% quarter pound patties from McDonald's ($1.20 each) is my most common source of beef.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Local grocer started carrying prime delmonicos...now my go-to. I dried this one w/ salt in the fridge for about a week & then reverse-seared to med-rare. Poured a good olive oil on a plate with a sprinkle of coarse ground peppercorns & coarse salt, along with minced rosemary and gorgonzola for dipping. #dipmeatnotbread

2s7vhfkxfqoq.jpg
    ablbewsu9wc1.jpg
    8zffa4388cuk.jpg

Otherwise it's a thick, med-rare center cut filet for me if I feel like a leaner steak.
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ribeye caps sometimes also know as Spinalis. Hands down the most flavorful steak. Check your local Costco as many of them carry this cut.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I had some air fried thin cut sirloin tip steaks and they were fantastic. I will be buying again if they ever are in stock.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I'm liking eye of round and skirt steak now. They are a little cheaper than ribeyes and still tasty. The eye of round steaks are pretty lean but I get plenty of fat from other sources.