Leslie Sansone February 2020 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers!

It will be February in a day or so, and guess what?...... This year is a leap year, so we have an extra day this February to walk, or even leap about🤸‍♀️.
Lets make February an extraordinarily awesome month while we continue through 2020. There are still so many possibilities and opportunities for a healthy year, no matter what January turned out to be for each of us. Start overs are available each and every day, as well as each month here on our Monthly Walk Challenge 💖.

Crisp and cold, and snowy or rainy weather is definitely here for many of us depending where we live, so we are grateful for those awesome walking DVDs that we have. Many of us use Leslie Sansone as well as other favorite instructor's walking or workout DVDs, and also those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, or on the treadmill. All of these many options count toward our miles, steps, or minutes.

This group is open to any and all walkers however you get your walk in. So come on in and join us!

Whenever you are posting what you have accomplished please remember to also share any strength training or other types of workouts that you are doing. We all benefit greatly by learning from one another and getting new ideas.

The goal that you choose is your own personal goal for this month 👟📅 , so change it up however you would like to.

If you find this group in the middle of the month it truly doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you hope to accomplish during the remaining days of this month. It is never too late to join in :) , you are always welcome!

Let's tie up our shoes and get some water, and start walking with a smile 😅 this month.

Blessings <3 ,

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Wow February already.

As sickness controlled my January, I think its best for me to ease back into things.

Milage Goal: 65 miles tracked
    Apple Watch goal: 70 minutes of exercise for the month.
    Side goal: Make it to Spin class at least once this month.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Since I will be going to the VA a lot his month with my DH and I did not meet my Jan goal, I think I will keep the same goal for February and hope for the best. Somehow, I have to beat last year!!!! I am committed to that! :+1:

February Goal: 110+miles & 4 strength workouts.

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I kinda fell off the exercise wagon half way thru January. So I am going to aim for 100 miles for February!!!
  • zichab
    Options

2/1-Vivofit tracked 1.8 miles=1.8 miles total
    2/2-WAH 5K with a twist-3.0=4.8 total

Not the greatest start to the month, but considering it is Super Bowl Sunday with all the accompanying high calorie snacks, I had to work out today!!! I do not know who is playing, I do not understand the game of football and don't like it either, but the commercials and snacks are glorious!!!! :laugh:

• VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends!

Going to slow down the madness miles this month. I am pushing way too hard and killing my feet - they hurt so much of the time. I am afraid I'm going to cause some serious issues if I don't chill out. I'm trying to find a better balance between my workouts and my food intake.

My mileage goal with Leslie will be 120 miles. In addition, I will focus more on strength. Either more challenging strength workouts or longer ones, rotating those options. Take breaks/rest days when needed. Generally try to be kinder to my body instead of punishing it, if that makes sense.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    Feb 1: 5 Boosted Miles + 35 min HASfit butt & thigh strength workout (ouch, feeling this!)
    Feb 2: 5 Miles ~ 4 Mile Super Walk + 1 Mile AM Walk + 17 min TAM precision arms

10 of 120 miles
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello Walkers!

I have the go ahead from my doctor to start working out again! I have really missed my workouts. Not sure what my goal for the month will be, I will just see what I can do and go from there.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Starting late, but here goes: Goal: 6 miles a week and at least 2 strength workouts.

2/7....2 miles and a really short strength workout, 11 minutes 1 set of 8 reps with 6lbs.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Starting late, but here goes: Goal: 6 miles a week and at least 2 strength workouts.

2/7....2 miles and a really short strength workout, 11 minutes 1 set of 8 reps with 6lbs.
    2/8....1 mile of The 5 Day Slim Down
  • MrsJReeves
    MrsJReeves Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Leslie Sansone workouts!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @MrsJReeves. Glad you like the workouts you're in the right place.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    MrsJReeves wrote: »
    I LOVE Leslie Sansone workouts!

Glad you joined us. Leslie's the bomb, isn't she?
  • zichab
    Options

2/1-Vivofit tracked 1.8 miles=1.8 miles total
    2/2-WAH 5K with a twist-3.0=4.8 total
    -Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=7.4 miles total
    2/3-Vivofit tracked .8 miles=8.2 miles total
    2/4-Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=10.2 miles total
    2/5-Vivofit tracked .8 miles=11.0 miles total
    2/6-Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=10.4 miles total
    2/7-Vivofit tracked 1.4 miles=11.8 miles total
    2/8-Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=14.4 miles total

This has simply not been my winter!!! :sad: Right after the Super Bowl was over, I was exhausted and seemed to have a sore throat, so I went to bed. I woke up on Monday with the flu!!! :noway: This stuff is awful! I have had it all week and yesterday was the first day I had any energy at all. I am still coughing and congested and everything I read says I have another week to go. :grumble: It does not look like I am going to be adding too many miles this week. Hopefully, after next week, i can get back into it. Thankfully, it is snowing a lot so the view from my couch is gorgeous! :laugh:

• AnnofB
    Options
    zichab wrote: »

This has simply not been my winter!!! :sad: Right after the Super Bowl was over, I was exhausted and seemed to have a sore throat, so I went to bed. I woke up on Monday with the flu!!! :noway: This stuff is awful! I have had it all week and yesterday was the first day I had any energy at all. I am still coughing and congested and everything I read says I have another week to go. :grumble: It does not look like I am going to be adding too many miles this week. Hopefully, after next week, i can get back into it. Thankfully, it is snowing a lot so the view from my couch is gorgeous! :laugh:

Hate this for you. Nearly everyone I know has had something, either sinus issues, a cold or the flu. I hope you are feeling better soon.

• VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    zichab wrote: »

Sorry to hear you've been so sick @zichab! :disappointed: How lovely that you have some snow to look at though. Just rain here! :angry:

Hope you get to feeling better this week!

• VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    Feb 1: 5 Boosted Miles + 35 min HASfit butt & thigh strength workout (ouch, feeling this!)
    Feb 2: 5 Miles ~ 4 Mile Super Walk + 1 Mile AM Walk + 17 min TAM precision arms

Feb 3: 4 Mile Super Challenge + 30 min HASfit butt & legs strength w/dumbbells
    Feb 4: 5 Miles ~ 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 2 Mile AM Walk + 30 min HASfit arms w/dumbbells
    Feb 5: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 17 min HASfit legs & glutes
    Feb 6: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 2 Miles The Big Burn + 1 Mile Classic Walk + 35 min HASfit Upper body w/dumbbells
    Feb 7: 5 Miles ~ 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 2 Miracle Miles + 17 min HASfit legs & glutes
    Feb 8: 6 Miles ~ 4 Mile Super Challenge + 2 Miles WATP Express + 40 min HASfit full body strength w/weights
    Feb 9: 6 Miles ~ 5 Boosted Miles + 1 Mile Express + 40 min HASfit Tabata HIIT w/dumbbells

47 of 120 miles
  • AnnofB
    Options

2/9.... Yoga Strong 25 minutes
    2/10.... 3 miles Burn to the Beat
  • AnnofB
    Options

2/11.... 31 minutes of Kelly Coffee-Meyer's Strength and Stamina
  • AnnofB
    Options

2/11.... 31 minutes of Kelly Coffee-Meyer's Strength and Stamina & 1 mile of 3 Fast & Fun Miles
  • AnnofB
    Options

2/10....3 miles Burn to the Beat
    2/11....31 minutes of Kelly Coffee-Meyer's Strength & Stamina & 1 mile of 3 Fast & Fun Miles
    2/11....45 minutes of 5 Mix & Match Miles/Jessica Smith