Dare I Ask- dessert

Options
bacpath
bacpath Posts: 326 Member
Any suggestions for a dessert for Valentines night? It’s a special night for us. Preferably low CHO, low calorie(ish) and some chocolate in there somewhere.🥰

Replies

• pence429
    pence429 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm making sugar free jello, strawberry or raspberry, in some heart shaped cupcake silicon molds. I plan to top them with a dallop of home made whip cream. You could always add cocoa powder to the whip cream or shave a couple of decorative swirls on top.
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like raspberries (and/or blueberries/strawberries) with cream or ricotta and I break up dark chocolate on top. You can also blend cocoa powder and erythritol into the ricotta first then top with berries (and chocolate).
  • Sylphadora
    Sylphadora Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I mix Greek yogurt with raw cacao powder. You could throw in some berries in there and make a cereal-less parfait. I love how simple it is. No melting, no baking, no nothing :)

If you are looking for baked goods I suggest you browse Diet Doctor for more ideas. Maria Emmerich and Maya from Wholesome Yum also have lots of dessert recipes.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    I have made some delicious chocolate avocado pudding. I'm not sure what recipes it came from as I did several iterations. But basically avocado, vanilla, sweetener, cocoa powder, a pinch of cinnamon, and sour cream. You could add PB if you had the carbs and make it Reese's flavor. Creamy and filling and hits the spot.

I also did a pumpkin cheesecake mouse once. It was really good. Something like this one. I did not use fancy flavored stevias though. I use liquid sucralose and added extra vanilla.https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/low-carb-pumpkin-cheesecake-mousse/
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Berries with heavy whipping cream. Bonus sexy time with extra whipping cream!
  • bacpath
    Options
    Thank you all so much. How can I refuse berries and whipped cream, with some chocolate shavings on top. But sugar free jello and Greek yoghurt with cocoa will also make it into rotation as I have a lot of visitors coming for the month of March.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    How about some sugar free chocolate dipped strawberries 😋
    I use Lilly’s chocolates as they are sweetened with stevia...
  • bacpath
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
  • baconslave
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I have made some delicious chocolate avocado pudding. I'm not sure what recipes it came from as I did several iterations. But basically avocado, vanilla, sweetener, cocoa powder, a pinch of cinnamon, and sour cream. You could add PB if you had the carbs and make it Reese's flavor. Creamy and filling and hits the spot.

I also did a pumpkin cheesecake mouse once. It was really good. Something like this one. I did not use fancy flavored stevias though. I use liquid sucralose and added extra vanilla.https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/low-carb-pumpkin-cheesecake-mousse/

**mousse, I meant. :joy: No mice were harmed in the pursuit of sweets here.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Mouse...wasn't that from Rosemary's Baby????
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Mouse...wasn't that from Rosemary's Baby????

I'm thinking "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" with Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. :#
  • baconslave
    Options
    ploomka wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    **mousse, I meant. :joy: No mice were harmed in the pursuit of sweets here.

9asxasbqviao.jpeg

LOL! He's staring at us saying "This one's MINE. Get yer own!"
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I did mousse.

d9z22x379wku.jpg

ggmrspefhcvc.jpg

There is also keto chocolate lava cake

7x6i5avvs2qr.jpg
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I made keto buckeyes for my boo for Valentine’s Day.

udkafpszr6i8.jpeg