Rebel ice cream!

Options
OMG! Am I late to the party? I just had my first Rebel ice cream! Mint Chip! Loved it! But I can’t seem to find it on My Fitness Pal? How can I add the nutrient information? Thank you all!

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You go into the My Foods tab of the diary and create a new food, entering the label information.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I’ve found the cookies and cream and the cookie dough entries already in the database. I’ve not had the mint chip yet!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    OMG! Am I late to the party? I just had my first Rebel ice cream! Mint Chip! Loved it! But I can’t seem to find it on My Fitness Pal? How can I add the nutrient information? Thank you all!

I just noticed Rebel's arrival in my local supermarkets - a genuine revelation.

I had to smile at, "Yummy things come to those who wait." It's been since I started LC in 2015 that I had a little bowl of ice cream - and well worth the wait!

• RalfLott
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    I’ve found the cookies and cream and the cookie dough entries already in the database. I’ve not had the mint chip yet!

Mint chip has the lowest carb count - 4g per *pint*!
  • wsusan162
    wsusan162 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I tried it (cookie dough), I didn't really care for it....it seemed grainy and not creamy like I expect ice cream to be
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Watch the carb counts on the front of the containers - I have found them to be off on some varieties!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Watch the carb counts on the front of the containers - I have found them to be off on some varieties!

How can you tell?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

How can you tell?

I'll guess it is the old "Do I Count Sugar Alcohols?" discussion and/or rounding of numbers. Here's a good depiction of numbers:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2989/5182/files/Flavors.pdf?480
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Maybe it's a personal thing. I don't spike from erythritol (or stevia), though others have reported the opposite.

I did see that monk fruit is listed further down the ingredient list, and I've always tried to avoid it. Hmm.
  • itzcath
    itzcath Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I don't trust any ice cream on the shelf. Best investment I ever made was an ice cream maker at the thrift store for $10.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Is it any better than Halo Top or Enlightened? My biggest issue is its almost 800 calories a container and from what i can see, its practically halo top with MCT oil.