Implementing exercise on a low carb low calorie diet

Options
budonyan
budonyan Posts: 38 Member
I’m not hungry enough to exceed 1200 calories and I burn around 200 calories a day. I stay under 20 net carbs a day
I feel really good lately though but part of me wonders if being this low is ok.

Replies

• chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Personally, eating low carb hasn't hindered my exercise. I also target 20 net carbs per day. I recently ran a 15k and felt good. 1200 calories seems low. If you're exercising about 200 calories, then your net calories for the day is only 1000. Be careful to properly fuel yourself.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    budonyan wrote: »
    I’m not hungry enough to exceed 1200 calories and I burn around 200 calories a day. I stay under 20 net carbs a day
    I feel really good lately though but part of me wonders if being this low is ok.

What are your stats? Are you female, short, and older? 1200 may be ok. Otherwise...
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too. I really struggle to eat enough. I’m just not hungry!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Keto killed my gym performance. The only way i am starting to see progress is by switching to low carb. Still not anywhere near my high carb days. But then again, I mainly lift.

I would recommend prelogging your calories so you can add in more. Also, from a performance aspect, i would consider timing your carbs before your workout.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I find my recovery is better if I time my carbs AFTER a workout rather than before, but that's probably very individual...I also try to do extra salt before or during if I forget to do it before, and that seems to help me.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me much. I am not that strict so I eat more if I feel like it. But I do take Medi-Lyte/ Electrolyte Replacement Tabletq3hda0twlg50.png
  • coffeerose55
    coffeerose55 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi they say exercise curbs your appetite. 20 grams/ day is the max for Carbs?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't always curb your appetite.... it can increase it too, just depends on quite a few things, duration of exercise, intensity, your fitness level and body fat percentage, the temperature of the environment you exercise in, menstrual cycle, etc.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Exercise doesn't always curb your appetite.... it can increase it too, just depends on quite a few things, duration of exercise, intensity, your fitness level and body fat percentage, the temperature of the environment you exercise in, menstrual cycle, etc.

Agree. Exercise temporarily kills my appetite for a period of time after, but overall it increases it. And during TOM. I could eat my house down.
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »

Agree. Exercise temporarily kills my appetite for a period of time after, but overall it increases it. And during TOM. I could eat my house down.

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!