Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome to the March 2020 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Katie. This is my first challenge and I'm excited to do this. Daily exercise is difficult for me because I have 24/7 vertigo, and some days/weeks get really tough and I can't get up off the couch. I would like to challenge myself to at least try yoga or something on those days. As far as food goes, I like to eat clean at home as much as I can, but I have a pretty major sugar addiction that I have to fight with on a daily basis. I'm looking forward to talking with everyone who joins and supporting each other!

Hi Katie.

Me too! Love sugar and sweetness. There is an article posted within CNN's site today regarding sugar cravings and lack of sleep. Apparently, women who do not sleep enough crave sugar, saturated fats, and caffeine more than those who do. Of course the study only included 500 women which is not a large test group. But, I will say when I am not sleeping well I have a tendency to have more bad cravings than good.
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello, this will be my 6th month with the UAC. I've lost 25 lbs since September, looking to lose another 15-20! The UAC helps me stay consistent and keep on track. Looking forward to another month of accountability :)
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm Katie. This is my first challenge and I'm excited to do this. Daily exercise is difficult for me because I have 24/7 vertigo, and some days/weeks get really tough and I can't get up off the couch. I would like to challenge myself to at least try yoga or something on those days. As far as food goes, I like to eat clean at home as much as I can, but I have a pretty major sugar addiction that I have to fight with on a daily basis. I'm looking forward to talking with everyone who joins and supporting each other!

Hi Katie.

Me too! Love sugar and sweetness. There is an article posted within CNN's site today regarding sugar cravings and lack of sleep. Apparently, women who do not sleep enough crave sugar, saturated fats, and caffeine more than those who do. Of course the study only included 500 women which is not a large test group. But, I will say when I am not sleeping well I have a tendency to have more bad cravings than good.

Thanks Suzi, I appreciate the insight! I'm going to be doing a sleep study in a few months, so we'll see how it goes.
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Glad to be back UAC and looking forward to checking in March.