TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to March 2020!!

My name is Ashley @AB0215 I will be your Captain for this month.

Here's a little about me:
    I am 34, and I have been overweight basically my entire life and in the last 2-3 years or so, I decided to change that, I have been working towards that goal for the past year. I'm down 110lbs and I still have a way to go, but I will get there. Let's do this!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them..and with that in mind, my goal this month is to lose 3 lbs (nearing my goal and competing in April).

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!
    Side note--I follow a Ketogenic diet for any that may be interested, I have tons of recipes and resources for anyone interested.

Welcome to March and let's make things happen this month together!!

Your Captain,
    Ashley (@AB0215)
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello new team mates and old. I fell off wagon last month many personal issues. Also poor choices. I think im mentally back to me. I been at it since thanksgiving. Im ready for march and ready to burn the wagon down. Cant wait to see everyone succeed.
  • wannabefitmom2020
    wannabefitmom2020 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Melissa. I lost about 50 lbs a few years ago and was feeling pretty great! But then I quit my active job for a desk job and had 2 kids so, it’s all back....and then some. Since I’m starting over right now, my goal is consistency this month. I can probably lose 10 lbs by just getting started. I’m also breastfeeding so that has me nervous.
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Slimsons

I am 55 and this will be my fifth month on the challenge. I have lost 41 lbs and being part of this group has really helped. Especially the daily accountability challenge. I didn't reach last months goal but I am setting my goal at 8 lbs this month. 🤞 I am hoping for better weather so I can get out more.

Go Team Slimsons!!!
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! My name is Jen. I live in NC and I’m 52. I have battled my weight for most of my life. I started the keto lifestyle 12/18 and have lost 36 lbs so far and have quite a bit to lose yet. This team has helped me stay accountable and stay on track. I love this group!
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I’m back again for March. I’m losing very slowly, with the exception of a very rapid weight gain over last week while on vacation. Just isn’t fair. One week of fun will take 3 weeks to lose. Been focused on exercise and I’m going to keep that my focus for this month. Hoping for 10 lbs with exercise 5x a week.

Best of luck everyone.
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I’m back again for March. I’m losing very slowly, with the exception of a very rapid weight gain over last week while on vacation. Just isn’t fair. One week of fun will take 3 weeks to lose. Been focused on exercise and I’m going to keep that my focus for this month. Hoping for 10 lbs with exercise 5x a week.

Best of luck everyone.

Yep same was on vaca and bday gained so much back. Work so hard for loss was happy slack a lil gain so easy. Im ready to work so hard again lol
  • ZeroFriction
    ZeroFriction Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I have been through this a few times. I can never control my weight for more than a couple of years, so I go from 140 to 200 then freak when I get to 200. Then I start all over again. I am F 38 and my most recent expansion was in record time: I gained 45 pounds in six months. Haven't really given a crap but I have to do something because I'm miserable and depressed. I like challenges because I can pretend I'm held accountable :) so I will set my goal at ten pounds as well. Hoping the initial no soda time will help speed that up. As for exercise, I would like to do an hour for four days a week, hopefully it will give me some mood boosting chemicals. feel free to add me as a friend, I set up a new account and can use the motivation.
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! This is my third month as a Slimson. I lost 85 pounds (since July 2018) and would like to lose 15 more. I've lost VERY slowly and it is super annoying but I'm trying to make sustainable changes and explore my relationship with food. I didn't lose much in February. I'm training for a half marathon in March and I have been crazy hungry.
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hello team, I'm Beverley. I find that I keep making goals that I'm not attaining. This time I'm committed as I'm at my heaviest. I'm just gonna keep going to be healthier.

Good luck to everyone!
  • katienesbitt85
    katienesbitt85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi team! My name is Katie. I am a social worker at a school district. I have a great husband and an awesome 13 year old son. I am trying to lose 30 lbs by June for bariatric surgery and could use all the support I can get! Looking forward to losing weight with everyone :)
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Hi team. My name is Vicky. Been with this team for over a year. Last year I was doing ok and then my father passed in July. I pretty much gained back everything I lost. So I’m now trying to get refocused and back to where I need to be. I went for my yearly check up this past feb and although I’ve been boderline high cholesterol for 9 or so years, my cholesterol was very high this year. The Dr is giving me a small pass to get back on track because of my dad passing. But if I don’t get back on track here comes the meds. I’m also sick and tired of being depressed. Never mind that I ripped my pants last week because everything is getting to tight. Looking forward to March and getting back in the game.
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I went through something very similar and could not shack the depression, gained a lot of weight and could not move on. It takes time. Try a little bit of change at a time and the best to you.
    🙏
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Leah. I’m 25 and pursuing my master’s. With grad school, working two jobs, and being sick a good part of the winter, exercise has taken a back seat. Right now, the most exercise I get is at the library I work at. Trying to watch what I eat - food certainly, but especially portions. Happy March, everyone!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I went through something very similar and could not shack the depression, gained a lot of weight and could not move on. It takes time. Try a little bit of change at a time and the best to you.
    🙏

Thank you.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,533 Member
    Options
    Snowshoe072

Hello to my fellow team mates this is a new challenge for me I am a 56 yo female who has been able to lose almost 40lbs over the past few years I would like to get to 155 eventually but get stuck around the mid to high 160’s. I have an active job and belong to a gym and have my own spin bike this has been helpful for my knee OA as this limits some activities like running. I try to eat plant based and if not doing that I avoid almost all processed foods. Our family has a pool and we kayak and ride Snyder’s for fun hope this is a successful month me and others. For fun I play guitar and love to read,
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hello March! And welcome old and new members! My goal is to off this roller coaster where each week my weight seems to go up and down and hardly ever just down. However, since I joined this challenge I lost 3.1 lbs all together. So, that is positive..keep on losing! Keep on losing!!🤗💪🙂🤔😁
    Sunday Week 1
    Pw: 228
    Cw: 227
    Great start to March!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Cindy and I have been doing this challenge since Nov. 2018. I'm 57 years old and 5' 2". When I started I weighed 273 lbs with a BMI of almost 50, super morbidly obese. It's been a long, slow journey but I now weigh 164....28 lbs from my goal. I am 1 pound away from getting out of the obese category. I kind of lost focus for awhile but I'm determined to get the rest of the weight off.
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Daily post
    March 1,
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,533 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Snowshoe072
    Week one daily post
    I logged and tracked what I ate and stayed within my range I did spin and resistance band work along with snow shoveling
This discussion has been closed.