Options
13»

Replies

• epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi from Rick,
    It's great to see so many new and returning team members.
    @espangiii asked me to share my personal weightloss story. It's not nearly as dramatic as many of you.
    Here is a little about my story...
    I am in my 70th year. I've always had a slow metabolism but I've always been active. My highest weight was 212. My most recent weight was 187. I'm not slim but I'm okay with my height and weight for my age. If I don't have an accountability relationship, then I overeat just because I don't track my caloric intake.
    Over 4 years ago, I started using MFP and joined this challenge group called Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC).
    After about 4 months, the originator of the site abandoned it. I sent an internal MFP message to the founder and asked for permission to take over the original structure. I got the okay and reworked the rules to be more encouraging to participants. For example, the original version kicked out participants as soon as they exceeded 3 Pass days. I experienced that behavior and did not like it. My motivation is to have an ongoing relationship with accountability partners. We encourage the healthy habits noted in the above post.
    I want team members who are committed to reaching their own goals to have an affirming team of like minded people.
    Hope that helps you know why I keep this group going.
    Rick

Thank you for sharing your journey and keeping this thread going, Ranger Rick! You are a seasoned inspiration🏅👏. By the way, my screen name is @EPANGILI - I put it in capital letters because lowercase letters difficult to distinguish so not at all offended but would like my name spelled correctly WHEN I make it to the winner circle. 😀 With sincere gratitude and respect, Elaine
  • dlkg12764
    dlkg12764 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nothing like the first of the month to join a monthly group and this is my first community group. Thanks for being part of my support community. My goal is to lose 50 pounds, from 160 down to 110. I’m totally a sugar addict and my main goal is to cut it out and to focus on protein. I also am aiming for daily exercise.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    [

Exercise calories: I track my food and exercise in the MFP food and exercise diary. That way it's easy to answer our three questions: did I exercise for at least 20 minutes, did I stay within my calorie goal, and did I track everything. I track purposeful exercise, but mainly I track food.

I make a note in the "notes" section of what exercise I did that day and how much water I drank

You can get your exercise calories from the MFP database -- enter your activity and how long you did it, and the diary will give you a calorie burn.

You can also use numbers from the machines at a gym or from a Fitbit or other devices and enter those numbers into the MFP food and exercise diary.

I almost never use the numbers on the machines. Too often they don't even ask for your weight. Like when I do HIIT on the elliptical, you can see that it registers the calories burned based on you doing the elliptical at the same speed all the time. Well, when you increase your speed and then recover, you burn more calories. I understand from others that MFP is quite generous with the calories it will give you

If you can't finish logging, then you have to answer No and take a pass day.

I'm surprised by this. Sometimes you just can't get to your laptop/phone to close out your diary. But that doesn't mean that you didn't log everything or do exercise.

If you go over your calories for the day, then you would answer No to that question and take a pass day.

This I would expect

Thanks so much
    exermom aka Michele

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Thank you, rick, for sharing your story here. And thank you for all you do

exermom
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hello MARCH! And hello to members old and new. Welcome! I can't wait to start this new month. It has been a roller coaster but, on the positive note, I lost a total of 3.1 lbs since I started this challenge. I love that we push each other to reach our goals and we support each other as well. For those who are new to the challenge, you are going to like being a part of this challenge because no matter where you are in your journey the UAC(Ultimate Accountability challenge) is there with you all the way.